It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regretful Trump tried to back out of Pence pick during midnight phone call to aides: report

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
Could not have done a worse job selecting a vp. A lame neocon establishment crony that is a social conservative and not liked by women, or anyone that isnt a religious nut. Just my opinion, but seems like shooting himself in the foot. And now wavering looks bad too. It was all poorly handled, which does not look good for a presidential candidate either.

The political lessons from 8 years ago and Palin and appeasing the GOP's core supporter base as gone unheeded. I have nothing against Pence on a personnel basis. In political terms I think he adds nothing to the Trump ticket. Trump needed a VP pick who could go into the areas of high unemployment who reach the voters who have been on the wrong end of the Obama economy. Equally selling the merits of choice in what school your kids go to and not Social Conservatism would have been another means of reaching voters.

I think it is very possible Trump had second thoughts about Pence. In his heart of his hearts I don't think Trump wants to be President so opted for someone who would do nothing to help the GOP make up ground with women , younger voters and so on.

<< 1  2   >>

join