It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regretful Trump tried to back out of Pence pick during midnight phone call to aides: report

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Sorry, but "more than one source" does not confirm anything.
And is certainly no logical reason to jump to your conclusions.
Do you really think that IF this had happened, that anyone Trump talked to would be blabbing about it to others?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
I just listed to the press conference with Trump introducing Pence. I will honestly say that I am VERY impressed with Pence.
He is well spoken, intelligent, and I agree with everything that he said regarding the issues. He is impressive.

Trump also gave concrete facts regarding how he chose Pence, and anyone who has been following Trump can see that the reasons totally fit with what you would expect from him. He has stats and numbers regarding Pence's success with the budget, employment and economy in Indiana, and that is what Trump wants to do for the country.

Trump even honestly admitted that another reason was to bring party unity. Trump said that as an outsider, he needs that. That is one thing I admire about him, really - his honesty.

I can see from this introduction that Trump did indeed select Pence using his common sense, and not emotion. He did not select someone just because he is a buddy.

I am more encouraged than ever now regarding the possibility of Trump as president.
Pence seems like a great choice to back him up.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Reporters on Saturday chuckled at one of the pre-event musical selections: The Rolling Stones' “You Can’t Always Get What You Want."

USA Today

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Good luck with that view, it makes it clear you haven't logged many hours in government or politics either. When the full extent of who Mike Pence is, is realized, I'm guessing it will motivate a lot of Hell No voters.

There is a saying in Indiana because of Pence's policies and Indiana's difficulty with Daylight Savings Time. It is,"Welcome to Indiana, please set your clocks back 200 years."

Yes, I guess in your position as a Trump supporter, I'd be pretending the VP doesn't matter too.

It matters.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

And is certainly no logical reason to jump to your conclusions.
Do you really think that IF this had happened, that anyone Trump talked to would be blabbing about it to others?

Yes, yes I do think they would "blab."

People like to talk, especially when they can inflate their own egos and sound like they are in the know on inside information.

Multiple sources. Yep, there were doubts. The advisors should have listened to Trump's doubts, instead they were too focused on surviving a convention full of evangelicals that he can't satisfy. Inexperience just reared its ugly head, and he hasn't even gotten the nuclear codes yet.

Knee-jerk reactions and short-sighted decisions with this in hand, well...ya.
edit on 16-7-2016 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

You can say that again. "Confirmed by other sources" is an Intelligence Community catch-phrase co-opted by the media.

Information is 'leaked' to the media. People have to ask themselves, "How often do you see a reporter in the street? And, 'if' you do ... do you know what their story is already going to be about?"

This thread is a joke and belongs in the Political Mudpit ... but, I'm starring all your posts.

edit on 1672016 by Snarl because: source correction

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Pass the popcorn please and do enjoy the show.

Pence??? Really??? Sigh.
edit on 16-7-2016 by DancedWithWolves because: remove my not nice comment

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
It looks as if Trump didn't have the balls good manners to call Newt Gingrich to inform him that he hadn't been chosen, before tweeting that Pence had won the veepstakes.

Way to stay classy, Don.

Source is found in 'update' in the last paragraph, here

edit on 7/16/2016 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/16/2016 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
Pence??? Really??? Sigh.

Does it matter. We've got a choice between Clinton and Trump as the principals. The VP's not gonna matter.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Your source is the Washington Post, and the entire article is a hit piece.
They are going to say whatever they dream up to hit Trump - nothing new there.
edit on 7/16/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Christie successfully prosecuted the father of Ivanka's husband. Gingrich would hog the show. Pence is the usual, safe political choice. He was willing to run, he's not a name or personality to overshadow Trump's, he could be the draw for Cruz's evangelical vote, he's got the far right street creds. Maybe Trump didn't like it, but then this isn't business, it's politics.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Poor Chris Christie...

I was kind of hoping that Trump would pick Christie as VP, so that if Trump got elected it would get Christie out of New Jersey.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I don't believe this for a minute!

If Trump didn't want him as VP, he wouldn't have picked him. Period.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

It will to women. And the LGBT community, their co-workers, family, friends and neighbors. It will matter to businesses standing up to Pence and his discriminatory laws. It will matter to people sick and tired of their lawmakers focusing on who is sleeping with who in bedrooms while 1 in 5 children don't have food on the kitchen table. Pence's policies are atrocious to many. The VP presides over the legislative branch, where laws are made.

It really does matter. Trump Towers lose their gleam when we focus instead on the blight that they are built upon. Income inequality in the US has reached staggering proportions.

It matters. Most people can't afford, literally, to wait this election cycle out.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

LOL

Donald Trump Tried to Dump Mike Pence, Who Previously Tried to Dump Trump

They deserve each other, and I couldn't be more thrilled about the news of the "happy couple". In my opinion, this union just put another nail in the Trump coffin. So be it, let it be!

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

Christie successfully prosecuted the father of Ivanka's husband.

And Christie was essentially Trump's handmaiden for a while there

I wonder if there isn't more to that story

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Poor Chris Christie...

He probably went and ate twenty pounds of chocolate chip cookies after he found out he wasn’t chosen

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Well, considering this shizzle....

Where Trump and Pence disagree

Pence appears to be a hard-line conservative on all of the issues that matter to (me and) many people.

Whatever hope I had that Trump would pick a running mate who would be suitable if he, Trump, up and quit (refused to take office) once elected is now shattered.
If he does refuse to take the oath, and this clown Pence becomes the POTUS by default? - I weep anew for this country.

edit on 7/16/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I think Trump did this to kill his own chances of winning. So, as far as that goal: it's a good move. No way he'll be elected if Pence is his VP.

No way.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Ha!! Here you go, folks:

To recap the events, the Republican vice-presidential candidate has said that the presidential pick should not be elected president; the Republican presidential candidate has tried as recently as last night to replace his vice-presidential candidate; and the campaign manager has publicly described the presidential candidate as jittery and emotional in the face of upsetting news. And all this has come out in the last day!

from windword's link.

Source

LOL!!!!

What a show!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join