It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do Some People Believe RH Negative Blood to be "special"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I'm an RH negative individual. Blood drives love us because we're good donators to have around; but, all of the other hype I've heard, I've never understood.
I've never really paid attention to it until this week when I had a visit with an alternate OBGYN who informed my partner and I about the shot I'd need to prevent problems with any subsequent pregnancies. This is a normal part of the pregnancy routine and I knew it was coming, listened politely and thought we would be on our way.

The doctor asked me if I knew I was RH- before I was pregnant, and I said I did, because I donated blood. He then asked if I percieved myself as different from others, and I said no, not really.

Dr. Reptilian Conspiracy then talked for five minutes or so about some theories about RH- people and told us he wished he could set up an RH- dating site, or RH- sperm bank so that more people could "reap the benefits" of being RH- in the future. He also expressed that he hoped the baby would inherit "Mums blood".

At this point my partner was thoroughly weirded out, he's far from the fringes. The doctor asked the general "how are you feeling" questions, and I told him everything was great, no issues, and he quickly cut in expressing that RH- mothers often never feel ill during pregnancy.

All in all, the weirdest doctor visit I have ever been to.

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Nope.

In fact, I was ill all the way through my pregnancy. It was miserable, so I'm glad you are doing well with yours.

I told my doctor that my husband was also RH- and asked if that meant I'd still need the shot and she looked at me like I'd grown horns.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
I'm an RH negative individual. Blood drives love us because we're good donators to have around; but, all of the other hype I've heard, I've never understood.
I've never really paid attention to it until this week when I had a visit with an alternate OBGYN who informed my partner and I about the shot I'd need to prevent problems with any subsequent pregnancies. This is a normal part of the pregnancy routine and I knew it was coming, listened politely and thought we would be on our way.

The doctor asked me if I knew I was RH- before I was pregnant, and I said I did, because I donated blood. He then asked if I percieved myself as different from others, and I said no, not really.

Dr. Reptilian Conspiracy then talked for five minutes or so about some theories about RH- people and told us he wished he could set up an RH- dating site, or RH- sperm bank so that more people could "reap the benefits" of being RH- in the future. He also expressed that he hoped the baby would inherit "Mums blood".

At this point my partner was thoroughly weirded out, he's far from the fringes. The doctor asked the general "how are you feeling" questions, and I told him everything was great, no issues, and he quickly cut in expressing that RH- mothers often never feel ill during pregnancy.

All in all, the weirdest doctor visit I have ever been to.

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Its just a rarer type of blood...especially if you're AB- or A-...That's it.

Is this the doc who will be delivering your baby?? If so, I'd probably find a new OB bc that's just weird. And unprofessional, IMHO.
edit on 15-7-2016 by lovebeck because: New tablet probs.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Dr. Reptilian Conspiracy then talked for five minutes or so about some theories about RH- people and told us he wished he could set up an RH- dating site, or RH- sperm bank so that more people could "reap the benefits" of being RH- in the future.

So besides transfusions, what do you think anything has to do with blood type?

Is he German by any chance?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Doctors are confusing.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

I doubt it. He's a doctor from a different county who was just filling in for a vacation. I found it delightfully strange, but yes, totally unprofessional.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I personally don't think anything about blood types besides medical issues of transfusions and pregnancies.

The Dr. was Caucasian with a name that sounded English, but you never know.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Never know what else he's into either. That would set off alarms for me. Unless he can describe what he's alluding to more specifically, I'd maybe get a second opinion.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Why do they think Rh negative blood is special? For the same reason they think O type blood is special.

I think it may be because they are a little nuts that they believe blood type is what makes them better than the next guy.

I do know some people who believe their O type blood is superior, and I do know some people who believe their negative blood type is better because it is rarer. They are a little nuts, they just don't know it.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
My whole family is RH neg. I had some mad morning sickness in the beginning of my pregnancy. So, nothing special there. My mom and sister also had the usual pregnancy symptoms with morning sickness. I think people just feel it's special because it's so rare. The doc obviously had his own reasons to think it was special, You didn't say what his theories were. I'm curious on that.

Personally I don't buy into the I'm special or have special qualities compared to anyone else I know with the more common blood types. Sure would have been nice to skip the morning sickness bit though!

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker11

His theories basically stemmed around how RH- people are resistant to certain parasites like toxoplasma; and about blue eyes. The toxoplasma link might be interesting if it's true, but I doubt the blue eyes theory is true. Who would even keep track of that?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Ah, sounds interesting.

Not sure on the blue eyes, but my entire family has blue eyes. But I married someone with brown eyes, and since blue is recessive, our son got the brown eyes as well.
He also inherited the positive blood type from my husband. Both of my parents are RH Neg, and all of my siblings. Haven't inquired to my grandparents on either side or aunts and uncles.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I have blue eyes, too, but I still raise an eyebrow.

I have no idea what my families blood types are. I kind of wish I did, just to dig into the genetics.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Some doctors get excited over patients who have something out of the ordinary. I was born with a cleft palate , but had it corrected as a toddler.

I once had a dentist who was surprised at the scar because it wasn't in my records. Honest to God, she told me to open up, because she wanted another look.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Rumor has it that us rH- folks (A neg myself) are the long lost relatives of Atlantis...

Or part Annunaki...

Who knows...

edit on 15-7-2016 by madmac5150 because: My cat made me

We are renowned for our sexual prowess.... not really a fact, but ok to spread the rumor

edit on 16-7-2016 by madmac5150 because: My cat made me

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I havn't looked all that hard it's only passed in front of my attention a few times..

But different genetics different blood types.. It does make you different.

Your blood would have different antibodies than mine..

The reason you can't trade blood with everyone is the antibodies wanting to attack each other..

Your immune system is not the same as mine. I'm A+

Maybe I'll do a little research.

I just remember my biology teacher was RH - in college.. She talked about the difficulties having a baby because her husband was RH +

edit on 16-7-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

"Dr. Reptilian Conspiracy..."

LOLOL... just checking in to say I loved your wit there!

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

His theories basically stemmed around how RH- people are resistant to certain parasites like toxoplasma; and about blue eyes. The toxoplasma link might be interesting if it's true, but I doubt the blue eyes theory is true. Who would even keep track of that?

My mom was Rh - and she had beautiful brown eyes.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Hey . If you scroll through older ATS posts , and search rh negative blood you will find many have posted on this topic .
Those who've done research on this often come to conclusions to reaffirm why they've felt so different all their lives ( if they are RH negative ). Also many RH positives know the differences in the blood factor and know there are profound differences .
I wouldn't say there's anything inherently special about rh negative blood . We are all unique in our own ways . I would use the word " different " instead of special .

Most abductee victims , those who've experienced bizarre paranormal activity around them are RH negative .
Rh negative blood cannot be cloned , those who have it have distinct trademarks , like lower or higher blood pressure , lower pulse rate , a strange sensation that they don't quite fit in , many don't tolerate temperate extremes well at all , they have more sensitive immune systems , senses etc ..

You can almost say they are more predominantly reptilian brain dominated . As they are extremely technical , analytical in everything they do . They ask questions most don't , and can sense things before they happen at times .

As for the pregnancy topic . It's well known in the medical community that an RH negative mother will recognize an RH positive fetus as alien to it in the womb and literally attack it . The rhogam shot prevents this I believe . But the big question is why ?
It would appear that the rh negative blood factor is in fact either hybrid human / alien / fallen angel etc .. or completely different altogether from the rh positive factor . As in a different species .

It's all a big mystery but most agree it's a fascinating topic that hopefully warrants more research in the scientific community . Maybe we will learn more in time .

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Interesting topic.

I will say, my mother was RH- until she had her first child, and died briefly. She's not RH- anymore.

In Japan, and some other asian countries, people don't marry unless their blood types are compatible.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join