It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am disgusted by people

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: nullafides I'm disgusted by learning Arabic and Tagalog....
Oh and misinterpreting children that scribble and speak...
English is outdated..and will not be the language that is cool...
Just kidding, in'm trying for Spanish grammar myself...I barely know how.

English may very well be outdated.

But any tool worthwhile in it's use is worth knowing how to use correctly.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: nullafideswell I disagree, although have dreamed about learning grammar... it just never sinks in no matter what.
I just learn from reading books and it sinks in that way,
I'm too chaotic,
Thanks for reply.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Not everyone on this site is from an English speaking country, and that has been made pretty clear by admin. The fact that they make such an effort to post in English anyway is pretty amazing.

Before insinuating that a poster is uneducated or ignorant, as was done here, very rudely, consider the possibility that English may not be that person's first language and they probably would never think to mock you if you were struggling to speak theirs.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Well, I hope you feel better now.

Frankly, I honestly don't care.

Were this to be a Japanese site, we would be using the written japanese language. I am really quite certain that there are japanese sites I would greatly enjoy taking part in...but, I am not in any way shape or form proficient in japanese.

Now, honestly.... given the phraseology and verbiage the person used struck me as someone who's primary language was english. And yet, they were a bit careless in their use of the language.

Call me an ass all you want. Tell me how horrible of a person I am. However, I did nothing wrong in making the statement I made. If the person it was in response to found it to be upsetting, mean, or offending..... tough.

If it upset you...well, double tough.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: nullafideswell I disagree, although have dreamed about learning grammar... it just never sinks in no matter what.
I just learn from reading books and it sinks in that way,
I'm too chaotic,
Thanks for reply.

You disagree that knowing how to properly use a tool is a good thing to know and to put to practice?

Wow.

Do you drive? Do you ever use a knife? A gun? Fireworks? Chop wood? Powertools?

The ability to use a language properly ( as well as effectively and safely) is just as worthwhile as the ability to use the above items properly.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides you fail to understand me , sorry..I would like to learn grammar... perhaps you skipped the dream of mine and are being mean about the difficulty it is for me... perhaps your parents or teachers gave a damn.
That's wonderful you are blessed by having nice loving life in which you could focus and learn... sorry I'm not getting your argument as I did not say what you said I wrote.
Bless you, for giving me attention, however negative it came across...perhaps I misunderstand.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides
a reply to: tigertatzen

Well, I hope you feel better now.

Frankly, I honestly don't care.

If you didn't care, you wouldn't have replied. I strongly suggest you drink SWEET tea before logging into the forum. Cheer up, Mr. Grumpy.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

You disagree that knowing how to properly use a tool is a good thing to know and to put to practice?

The ability to use a language properly ( as well as effectively and safely) is just as worthwhile as the ability to use the above items properly.

No, it really is not..

Some people can read the message and some are to fixated on words..
Some use an axe to chop a tree another uses an axe to build a whole house..

You know the best thing about writing like S#, certain people, get derailed..

Have a nice day!

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I'm disgusted by the sound of chewing. Even from my dog. It actually hurts my brain.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I am disgusted no one has so far posted this video

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Just curious as to why you seem to hate mankind so much? I am honestly not having a pop here, i am simply curious about the downer you seem to have on humanity?

My take is that yes, we are capable of some abhorent acts but also wondrous acts. We are the only species on this planet that has evolved to the stage we can shape it. I can't deny that some things disgust me but overall i love our species and the things we are capable of. Even simple things like hitting a drum are, when you get right down to it, wonderful.

Obviously everyone is different but don't you find it intriguing that 2 people can seemingly have completely differing outlooks on life? Isn't that fact in itself a wonderful thing?

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

I love humanity, I just hate people who can't be humans in society

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Fair enough, i must have misinterpreted some of your responses in this thread. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I just hate people who can't be humans in society

So are you also disgusted at yourself?

Hate is a strong word and a strong emotion, its used to build walls, you know like the walls that you mentioned in your OP.

It also sounds like you think you know the truth which leads you to hate people who cant be humans in society.

It seems like very idealistic view point that you are also disgusted by according to your OP.

I wish i could say how sick you actually make me..

I think you make yourself sick.

What you have inside is projected to the world around you and you perceive the world and the people around in a disgusting fashion.

Change whats within and you will project a better view of the world and people around you.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Earth made one man that is all she needs.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Ok Stephen paddock...

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I'm disgusted with myself for not knowing how to link to this song the "cool way." This song supports my distaste for many things.

Watch "Five Finger Death Punch - Wash It All Away (Explicit)" on YouTube
youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Agreed

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 02:52 AM
link   

It’s understandable to be disgusted, I think we all go through this to some degree… what I try to remind myself, because it’s important to do this, that the reason the world is in such disarray is because most people are generally good. They don’t believe evil is real, they don’t see it because that’s not where their minds are… unfortunately all it takes for evil to flourish is for good people to do nothing… this is what we’re seeing now.

People can snap out of it though, and they will… when they are personally negatively impacted.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join