It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miss Molly's Hotel Haunted? *ghost and orb pics*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
While staying at this hotel my girlfriend and I captured what I can only describe as pictures of "orbs", and a really good "ghost" picture. Which I am posting here to get some feedback on. A little back story first.

For my birthday this year my girlfriend decided to book us a room at a hotel that is claimed to be "haunted". She did not tell me where we were going or what we were doing until we arrived at our destination. I am definitely not a professional paranormal investigator, and am often quite skeptical of such things though I do try to keep an open mind. So, when she finally revealed that we were going to spend the night in a "haunted" hotel I was of course ecstatic!

I was also a bit upset that I didn't have time to prepare to go "ghost hunting" as it were. So the only things that we had on hand were our cell phones, and I did have my laptop computer with me. No fancy paranormal investigator equipment or anything, but hey, it was going to be a fun night.

Located in the middle of the Fort Worth Stockyards, Miss Molly’s is the oldest Bed and Breakfast in Fort Worth. Established as a boarding house in 1910 and called the Palace Rooms, it went through the prohibition period being called The Oasis and later as a Bordello in the 1940’s when it was called the Gayatte Hotel. Miss Molly’s is just old enough to have caught a glimpse of the Wild West and all of the time period of America’s speak-easy and bordello days. Its long history as a boarding house has included a vast number of residents. Apparently, some have decided to extend their stay.

More info on the hotel here:

missmollyshotel.com...

When we arrived it was pretty early in the evening, and we were greeted by a lady who was to be our host. She goes by the moniker "Miss Tina", and she was super nice. She showed us to our room, and then gave us a tour of the hotel. The tour doesn't take very long, as it is a very small place. There is a main straight staircase that you walk up when you enter the front door. At the top of the staircase is a small lobby with two couches on opposite sides directly across from each other. The rooms are arranged in a circular fashion all around the lobby. There is only one floor to the entire hotel. And all of the rooms open into the lobby area.

Miss Tina gives us a brief story of the history of the place and lets us ask as many questions as we like. She is very accommodating, and also gives us two books to read. She then tells us that we are the only ones that are going to be staying there that night, and we can basically have the run of the place. We are encouraged to take as many pictures as we like, and explore through the rooms at our whim. She then retires to her room for the evening...which her room is the eighth room and she explains that she lives there.

After getting a bit more settled in our room, we go exploring. It doesn't take long because it is such a small place, and there are only seven rooms. Like I said, I'm a bit of a skeptic, so as we are looking at the rooms, walking from one to the next I am thoroughly examining them looking for things like...light setups, wires, hidden doors...well, anything that could possibly be used to "fake" a "ghostly experience".

I found nothing.

What did happen though was very unexpected. We had been told the best way to catch any type of activity was to just take our cell phones, turn off the flash, and just hold it in place. To pick a view, and take multiple pics from that view...say ten to twenty pics per view. So we did. While I was looking at my phone screen taking pics in the doorway of room #3, a (what can only be described as an orb of light) flew across my screen.

I jumped a little and said, "Holy crap did you see that?"

My girlfriend said, "What?"

I said, "The light that just went across my screen?"

"No."

She hadn't seen it, because she was busy taking pics with her phone as well. I stopped looking through my screen and immediately went into the room to see if I could find a possible source for the light that had just floated across my phone camera screen. But I was unable to find anything that could possibly shine such a "flashlightesque" orb across my screen like I had seen.

My girlfriend and I have watched many of the "ghost hunter" and "paranormal investigator" shows, but this was the first time that I have ever experienced such things in person. And I cannot explain it. We continued taking pictures until at one point my girlfriend goes, "Oh my god!" and she ran into our room and closed the door.

I went in the room to talk to her to find out what happened, and she explained. She had said that while she was taking pictures, she saw a figure peek out of one of the doorways. She took a picture, and then when she looked up from her phone screen there was nothing there. It freaked her out so much that she said she was done, and wanted to go home. After calming her down, she just decided to watch a movie on my laptop while I kept on taking pics, and trying to see if I could capture anything else. Needless to say I did not.

So, on with the pics.

This first one is of the white "ghostly figure" in the doorway that she saw and took a pic of with her phone. This is the raw pic that hasn't been altered in any way.

This second pic is one of the many that we took from that same angle of the doorway where there is no figure or anything at all. Posted here so you can see the difference between the two. We did have many more like this but I figure just posting one blank one is enough of a comparison.

A closeup of the "ghost face" that my girlfriend caught on her phone camera.

This pic is of what I can only describe as an "orb of light" that I saw flying across my phone screen. I have no explanation for what exactly it is, how, or why it is there in this pic because it does not show up on the hundreds of other pics I took.

A closeup of the "orb" where I circled it in red.

And lastly the only other "orb" I was able to capture on my phone pic. I saw it darting across the screen and tapped to take the pic, and this is what showed up...a slightly white blur towards the floor area. This is outside room # 3.

Here is a closeup of the last "orb" I captured and circled it in red.

So, that's it. To this day I have no explanation for what we caught on our phone cameras. But I do know that we are headed back there to stay another night in October this year. And this time, I'm bringing more equipment to see what we might be able to capture, and will post here when I do.

Any feedback is appreciated! And should you visit that particular hotel, do let me know! I would love to hear if anyone else experienced anything similar to what we did there!

edit on 15-7-2016 by AutOmatIc because: added pic

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Cool stuff...

Personally i think orbs are just reflections of dust particles...

Though once a while back i was all about taking pics of orbs... I've seen one move from in front of my Camera into my dogs cage... it could clearly be seen in the two pics taken seconds apart...

The second pic looked like said orb was behind the bars of the cage...

Lets just say im a skeptic of Orbs... but that made me wonder

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Yea I used to think that too. But I can tell you, these were definitely not "dust particles". I took hundreds of pics, with no flash (and no "orbs" showed up on those pics), and the way that these "balls of light" would float across my screen...well, I just can't explain them.

a reply to: Akragon

edit on 15-7-2016 by AutOmatIc because: spelling

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AutOmatIc

Cool. To me it looks like an old Grandmother wearing a babushka on her severed head. The body is holding the head and the Grandmother's face sort of resembles the face of E.T.

Ca reeeepy.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
S&F thanks for sharing. Wish you could have had the orb on video for more info, though nice find nonetheless. The mist is even more interesting, while I don't see a face on it per se is has a possible humanoid shape. Wonder if anyone noted it moving?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

With all the respect in the world I have a doubt about the pictures and that is that It looks like someone in a sheet standing outside the window. I don't know what floor it is on but it clearly looks like someone is standing outside, at night in a sheet. Like most people I tend to ignore "orb" pictures/photos because they can be so many things: Bugs, lint, dust, a hair that's fallen from a persons head, so yh I won't comment on the "orbs" but the picture of the ghost at what I think is a window really does look like someone in a bed sheet.

I hope you take the comment with the respect it is intended with and I may be wrong but my personal belief is that it looks like someone in a sheet, a lot, like a lot-lot.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

How neat! I especially do love the ghostly figure. One of the past working girls?

Were there any sounds? I've never intentionally stayed in a haunted hotel, but one place we stayed in was reported to be haunted. Yeah, right. Well, we were the only ones staying there that night. I was sound asleep, but my husband was awake and heard definite footsteps in the hallway and doors opening and closing. In the morning, we asked who was opening the doors as if checking rooms late at night. No one was.

The only other time was in a place I had stayed in before a few times. That one time we had been given the supposedly haunted room, unasked for and unbeknown by me, it was a strange feeling every second in that room. I didn't know that I had stayed in the "haunted room" until check out, when I asked more about the reported haunting.

At your next stay, do pay attention to any noises and "feelings". Who knows.
Can hardly wait for your October visit report.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
S&F thanks for sharing. Wish you could have had the orb on video for more info, though nice find nonetheless. The mist is even more interesting, while I don't see a face on it per se is has a possible humanoid shape. Wonder if anyone noted it moving?

I did take some video but nothing showed up. We are going back in October though and this time going to take some video equipment for sure so who knows
And yea she did say the figure was moving when she saw it and it was much clearer to her than is in the pic. It really freaked her out, unfortunately I didn't get to see that figure I was taking pics in a different room when that happened.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85

With all the respect in the world I have a doubt about the pictures and that is that It looks like someone in a sheet standing outside the window. I don't know what floor it is on but it clearly looks like someone is standing outside, at night in a sheet. Like most people I tend to ignore "orb" pictures/photos because they can be so many things: Bugs, lint, dust, a hair that's fallen from a persons head, so yh I won't comment on the "orbs" but the picture of the ghost at what I think is a window really does look like someone in a bed sheet.

I hope you take the comment with the respect it is intended with and I may be wrong but my personal belief is that it looks like someone in a sheet, a lot, like a lot-lot.

It's all good, thanks for the reply! I can tell you for %100 certain that there was nobody in a sheet. We were the only ones in the hotel that night. I went and inspected the rooms after that happened, and there's no way anyone could have just popped out in a sheet
We stayed the entire night, it was only us...and Miss Tina who stayed in her room the whole night. Was pretty cool we had the run of the place the whole night. Also, there is no way anyone could've been outside because there are no balconies, and the window of that particular room looks down onto the street (Exchange Street).

I feel ya on the "orbs", because I was always the same way until I actually saw them floating/darting across my phone camera screen. I really have no idea how that was possible or what it was...but I can say it was definitely not lint/dust particles. The activity was over for the night after she freaked out. It was almost as if the "ghosts/entities" could sense that she was freaked out and left us alone the rest of the night. I stayed up, but didn't catch anything else, nor did I see any more "orb" activity. Though I really kinda wanted to

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Yea it was really cool

No we didn't experience any noises or sounds or anything, just the flurry of "orb" activity, and then the apparent manifestation that my girl caught on camera, then it got quiet and nothing else happened. Miss Tina did say the next day when we told her about our experience that she thought it could be the "Cowboy", and that the "orbs" I got outside room #3 were possibly the little girl that died in the hotel. But who knows...I am definitely excited to go back though, and we are getting together some equipment, maybe catch some stuff on video, and some sounds, perhaps EVPs

Cheers!

a reply to: desert

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Okay I've only got your word to go on and you seem genuine. If you think it's odd for someone to jump out wearing a sheet just spend the night with my family, it's almost like our motto with our aim being to make the sibling mess themselves lol.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85

Okay I've only got your word to go on and you seem genuine. If you think it's odd for someone to jump out wearing a sheet just spend the night with my family, it's almost like our motto with our aim being to make the sibling mess themselves lol.

lol yea I used to love jump-scarin my sisters! Alas I wish it were just a person wearing a sheet, but like I said after she took the pic I looked all throughtout all the rooms and there was nobody there but us.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I totally believe these pics. I'm not sure about the face, but those orbs are what I would consider legitimate. As a paranormal investigator, I always appreciate being shown pics like these. There's a little bit of discoloration in your second pic, most visible as a light splotch on the upper wall border, not quite halfway across.

new topics

top topics

join