It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blood and the God of life

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Rare steaks are fine, what the Bible means by not eating meat with the blood still in it is it not being drained from the animal. You'll never be able to remove every cell of blood from the muscles. It simply means slit the throat of the animal and drain the blood, eat your steak in peace.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

Just a dumb question....Do hunters typically bleed out their deer, rabbits? Certainly they don't bleed out birds, do they?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: windword
I can't speak for "typically", but I can observe that the Israelites were expected to bleed out even "the gazelle and the hart" (Deuteronomy ch12 v15), which would have been hunted animals.
Again, "That man... who takes in hunting any beast or bird that may be eaten shall pour out its blood and cover it with dust" (Leviticus ch17 v13).

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I'm just wondering how the typical hunters of today dress their kills, and if and when they bleed them. I looked up the regulations for slaughterhouses, and they do indeed have a "bleeding rail" where animals are left to bleed out.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
We're going to have to wait for an American poster, on that point. Or perhaps someone who has been on a pheasant-shoot (out of my social range).

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I believe Paul called people who scrutinize and obsess about dietary laws spiritually weak.

I happen to disagree and think he was making an issue out of James lax attitude about it.

1. Don't eat meat that has been sacrificed to Idols.

2. Don't eat the blood (raw meat, cook it).

3. Don't eat stangled animals or naturally dead animals (carrion).

4. Refrain from fornication (not chastity, get married first).

Animal sacrifice is stupid and a practice of barbarians not something a real God would require because what gain is it? It is unnecessary and cruel.

And no real God would even once order human sacrifice, barbarians write too. Heathens. Sacrificing first born children.

Especially his alleged son.

Thank God it's only mythological but people still do both today, human and animal. They are hopefully always a small percentage of the population but it still happens today.
edit on 16-7-2016 by Shahada because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Especially in Africa where the Orthodox Christians are still very Tanakh oriented because of the Kebra Negast in Ethiopia and the African Hebrews of ancient times having a link to both cultures and traditional African.

They only do animals and the Roman Catholic African churches are allowed to do it under Vatican law. But it isn't like the Israelites just slaughtering all day, just occasionally.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Just a dumb question....Do hunters typically bleed out their deer, rabbits? Certainly they don't bleed out birds, do they?

The hunters where I grew up field dressed the deer, it was easier to drag back to the truck that way.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Thanks. So, they'd hang it up and bleed it? I would be worried about bears and such, but I've never been hunting. Did some shooting at tin cans at summer camp. Is not bleeding a large mammal a health hazard?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Thanks. So, they'd hang it up and bleed it? I would be worried about bears and such, but I've never been hunting. Did some shooting at tin cans at summer camp. Is not bleeding a large mammal a health hazard?

No, field stripping means taking the bowels and lungs out, basically all internal organs. Then people would process the meat fully at home or they take it to a butcher and tell them how they want it cut/processed. Like how much steak, ground, or jerkey etc.

They do that with deer, foxes, elk, Boar. Usually the smaller game and birds people will process the meat at home.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Here are two instances of eating found in the Saul/Jonathan cycle of stories.

1 Samuel 14 WEB

24The men of Israel were distressed that day; for Saul had adjured the people, saying, "Cursed is the man who eats any food until it is evening, and I am avenged of my enemies." So none of the people tasted food. 25All the people came into the forest; and there was honey on the ground. 26When the people were come to the forest, behold, the honey dropped: but no man put his hand to his mouth; for the people feared the oath. 27But Jonathan didn't hear when his father commanded the people with the oath: therefore he put forth the end of the rod who was in his hand, and dipped it in the honeycomb, and put his hand to his mouth; and his eyes were enlightened. 28Then one of the people answered, and said, "Your father directly commanded the people with an oath, saying, 'Cursed is the man who eats food this day.'" The people were faint. 29Then Jonathan said, "My father has troubled the land. Please look how my eyes have been enlightened, because I tasted a little of this honey. 30How much more, if perhaps the people had eaten freely today of the spoil of their enemies which they found? For now has there been no great slaughter among the Philistines."

31They struck of the Philistines that day from Michmash to Aijalon. The people were very faint; 32and the people flew on the spoil, and took sheep, and cattle, and calves, and killed them on the ground; and the people ate them with the blood. 33Then they told Saul, saying, "Behold, the people are sinning against Yahweh, in that they eat meat with the blood." He said, "You have dealt treacherously. Roll a large stone to me this day!" 34Saul said, "Disperse yourselves among the people, and tell them, 'Bring me here every man his ox, and every man his sheep, and kill them here, and eat; and don't sin against Yahweh in eating meat with the blood.'" All the people brought every man his ox with him that night, and killed them there. 35Saul built an altar to Yahweh. This was the first altar that he built to Yahweh
38Saul said, "Draw near here, all you chiefs of the people; and know and see in which this sin has been this day. 39For, as Yahweh lives, who saves Israel, though it is in Jonathan my son, he shall surely die."
42Saul said, "Cast lots between me and Jonathan my son." Jonathan was selected.

43Then Saul said to Jonathan, "Tell me what you have done!" Jonathan told him, and said, "I certainly did taste a little honey with the end of the rod that was in my hand; and behold, I must die." 44Saul said, "God do so and more also; for you shall surely die, Jonathan." 45The people said to Saul, "Shall Jonathan die, who has worked this great salvation in Israel? Far from it! As Yahweh lives, there shall not one hair of his head fall to the ground; for he has worked with God this day!" So the people rescued Jonathan, that he didn't die.

The title for the section is called The People Save Jonathan. From whom is not stated.
ETA
That was meant to be a response to your previous post, rather than the question about current hunting practice.

The king made the oath, with his people as witness. The king and his son both accepted the binding nature of the oath. The people swear by the Name. The people win.

That's not exactly the way I was expecting it to go, but, there it is.

edit on 16-7-2016 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
My own position follows on from the statement I was quoting in another thread; "we are no longer under the old written code, but in the new life of the Spirit".
If the Spirit was not telling the Gentile church to avoid consuming blood, it was OK for them not to worry about it.

Well it does tell them to avoid it. The reason is that the no blood eating command was given to Noah and re-iterated to the Hebrews in the Mosaic law.
We are all descended from Noah and so it applies to us, to everybody. The law has been forgotten by most cultures.
And yes it is talking about bleeding the animal out, not about getting every blood cell out. So bleeding a hunted animal as soon as possible is the way to do it. However snared animals that have died by strangulation or stress are not kosher.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Just a word of advice to all Americans, our meat is poison. The animals are pumped up with hormones and antibiotics because they live in fecal filth.

I wouldn't eat eat it unless you have a true farm in your are but they are being strategically put out of business by Monsanto and other organizations and corporations.

I don't, and I am not a vegetarian. I just don't eat poison.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
a reply to: Shahada

Then tell me why nobody sacrificed their firstborn children on the brazen altar of the tabernacle or temple, but they sacrificed their firstborn animals?

God says right in the text that the firstborn of the ox and sheep are his, and says a sheep can be replaced for a donkey, that donkeys weren't sacrificed.

God demanded their firstborn as His own, their firstborn of their cattle and flocks.

You will not curse God, and a prince of your people, you will not smear. For your goods and your wine-pressings do not be late, your eldest son offer to me. Thus you will do for your oxen and your sheep: seven days it will be with its mother, on the eighth day, give to me. And a holy people thou shalt be to me, and predated carcasses in the field you will not eat, you shalt throw it to the dogs.—Exodus 22:27

All that breaks opens a womb, and all your livestock remember, first birth a bull and a sheep. And first birth of donkeys you will redeem with a sheep, and if you will not redeem it, break its neck. All your firstborn sons, redeem, and they will not see my face devoid of these.—Exodus 34:19-20

Firstborn of the animals were portioned to the Lord, not children. That's idiotic.

Great job trying to distract from the original topic which was God's own admission that he made them sacrifice their first born "to horrify " them.

I don't need to "tell" you anything else because what you are asking is irrelevant to my point.

Isaiah 30 is about infant sacrifice, a familiar practice to ancients including Hebrews/Israelites.

But this time it is at Yahweh's direction.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Isaiah 30 is about the coming judgment of God through Jesus against the antichrist at the end of the Great Tribulation. "The Assyrian" is one of the 33 titles for the antichrist, and the "arm of the LORD" is a title for the Messiah.

Perhaps you were thinking of a different passage? Because the reason you cannot tell me that the priests or nobody sacrificed their children on the brazen altar of the tabernacle or the temple is because it's absurd, the Father never told the people to do that. It's an abomination, the people who worshiped Moloch did that. That's why you can't show me, it was never commanded nor did the Jews do it.
edit on 7 17 2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Lol. It is about what it is about.

I meant Ezekiel though, the passage we have been commenting on. It was 4 am when I wrote that.

But it does have Yahweh admitting he had them kill their first born children .

An undeniable (by anyone honest) FACT.
edit on 17-7-2016 by Shahada because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2016 by Shahada because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Jeremiah 7:31

New International Version
They have built the high places of Topheth in the Valley of Ben Hinnom to burn their sons and daughters in the fire--something I did not command, nor did it enter my mind.

New Living Translation
They have built pagan shrines at Topheth, the garbage dump in the valley of Ben-Hinnom, and there they burn their sons and daughters in the fire. I have never commanded such a horrible deed; it never even crossed my mind to command such a thing!

Jeremiah 19:5

New International Version
They have built the high places of Baal to burn their children in the fire as offerings to Baal--something I did not command or mention, nor did it enter my mind.

New Living Translation
They have built pagan shrines to Baal, and there they burn their sons as sacrifices to Baal. I have never commanded such a horrible deed; it never even crossed my mind to command such a thing!

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shahada

Lol. It is about what it is about.

I meant Ezekiel though, the passage we have been commenting on. It was 4 am when I wrote that.

But it does have Yahweh admitting he had them kill their first born children .

An undeniable (by anyone honest) FACT.

You'll have to quote it, I just read Ezekiel 30 and it doesn't mention anything like that.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Isaiah 30 is about infant sacrifice, a familiar practice to ancients including Hebrews/Israelites.

You have a very strange doctrine, since there is nothing in Isaiah chapter 30 about
infant sacrifice. In Isaiah chapter 30 God is rebuking his people for sin in not
following his council.

God definitely never commanded the practice of sacrificing children.

But there are many scriptures where God rebuked his people for
following false Gods like Baal which influenced them to sacrifice
their children to false Gods.

But God never commanded the Children of Israel to sacrifice
their children, that's utter nonsense and absurd.

God is not going to command something, then contradict himself
by rebuking them for obeying his commands. That's ludicrous!

Please read the below scriptures where God rebuked that practice.

Jer 7:30-31 For the children of Judah have done evil in my sight, saith the LORD: they have set their abominations in the house which is called by my name, to pollute it. And they have built the high places of Tophet, which is in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire; WHICH I COMMANDED THEM NOT, neither came it into my heart.

Jer 32:35 And they built the high places of Baal, which are in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire unto Molech; WHICH I COMMANDED THEM NOT, neither came it into my mind, that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.

The Hebrews started sacrificing their children after they started worshiping
false gods, which are nothing more than demonic spirits and Satan that influenced
them to follow that horrible practice.

And some of them are still following this atrocious practice today!!

edit on 8/6/2016 by MrBlaq because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: MrBlaq
Shahada is not a serious contributor. That particular account has been banned already, but he is currently presenting disruptive nonsense under other names.

edit on 6-8-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join