It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish Military Says It Has Taken Over Country

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

The Turkish military claims to have taken over after Turkey's PM said a military faction had been involved in an attempted coup. In a statement read out on Turkey's NTV television, the army said: "Power in the country has been seized in its entirety."

According to Sky sources, state TV has been stormed by the military and staff have been asked to hand in their mobile phones. A Turkish state news agency is reporting that a top general is among several people being "held hostage" at the military headquarters in Ankara. That follows media reports that ambulances have been seen in front of the building.

Turkish Military Says It Has Taken Over Country

And it’s just happening more every day now.
Turkey is now in ‘Martial Law’, all bridges and main roads are closed.
All Airports and Rail links have stopped. I am seeing tweets saying “A dirty bomb is in Istanbul” but it’s unconfirmed.
My partner and I have our best Friends Iain and Michelle with their 8 year old Daughter there, they are in Istanbul, stuck in a hotel.My mate Iain called me and said it’s like the Owen Wilson movie “No Escape”

May God have mercy on ALL our souls.
The World is about to die. Sadly we lost, we are divided SO BADLY we argue with family and friends over Religion and Politics, then we get confused when these actions create terror. We are Evil, this World has fallen...and it's about to crash

youtu.be...
edit on 15/7/2016 by shauny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
There's quite literally at least 7 threads about this

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: shauny

May God have mercy on ALL our souls.
The World is about to die. Sadly we lost, we are divided SO BADLY we argue with family and friends over Religion and Politics, then we get confused when these actions create terror. We are Evil, this World has fallen...and it's about to crash

youtu.be...

Ten bucks says the world is still spinning tomorrow morning.

Coups happen. They're been happening throughout history, and will continue even after this is resolved. Relax.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It's developing situation. Not a very bright one. Yet here is what Turkish PM says:

"Group military using its powers and weapons, tried to commit illegal activities," said Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yaldaram television NTV, which nevertheless stated that it would not be entirely correct to determine the situation as a "coup." He assures that the government of Turkey works.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: shauny

NATO country's that have military coups???

The mind simply boggles, then again are Turkey not famous for this type of thing? Certainly seem to remember something similar happening back in the 80s.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ReprobateRaccoon

Difficult to relax when you've got friends in the midst of it.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
In my best Borat voice, Sounds like a country that will make the EU stronger....NOT!!!

if some in the EU get their way, the people in Turkey could just walk the dirty bomb to France.

link   
a reply to: shauny

Have a beer and relax.. we'll all be here next week!

link   

originally posted by: shauny

The Turkish military claims to have taken over after Turkey's PM said a military faction had been involved in an attempted coup. In a statement read out on Turkey's NTV television, the army said: "Power in the country has been seized in its entirety."

According to Sky sources, state TV has been stormed by the military and staff have been asked to hand in their mobile phones. A Turkish state news agency is reporting that a top general is among several people being "held hostage" at the military headquarters in Ankara. That follows media reports that ambulances have been seen in front of the building.

It is becoming clearer that the military have indeed taken over, advisories have gone out to the French in Turkey already from France, and jets are indeed passing overhead sand that all airports are now closed, though I thought I saw at least one heavy mover passing over on the TV pictures.
Coups then are not a thing of the past in Turkey, and there is an unpopular government in Turkey at the moment, at least unpopular for a large number of the Turkish people.

edit on 15-7-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join