It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of Nationwide Martial LAW in Turkey !

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Oh I couldn't agree more! But... don't US politicians have some sort of law that protects them from being held responsible for, say, a war crime? Maybe I'm just making this up.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
a reply to: In4ormant
Thought about that too, but that report was from april 14th, first i thought it was from yesterday...

They are frustrated. I'm sure some bureaucratic-free planning and Turkish military has no problems in Raqqa.
edit on 15-7-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

I'll buy that.

No, seriously, stranger things have happened.
edit on 15-7-2016 by Chickensalad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This is reminiscent of the coup in Turkey in the early 80's. The military had enough of the political violence in the 70's, which had led to many killings. I assume the Kurdish/Turkish civil war, the recent terrorist attack, has led to these actions.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
to Nikola014, ATS is "kaputt" again, quoting didn´t work...
"Maybe...this is happening because Turkey was getting back together with Russia? And someone wants to punish them...

I mean, just a thought...we're on a conspiracy site after all"

Or Erdogan just took it too far, with arresting reporters, holding german NATO soldiers almost as hostages in turkey/Incirlik, with supporting the "IS" and doing deals with them, and all that...

edit on 15 7 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I'm more interested in America's response.

Obama has been apprised of the situation

Why should Obama get a "hard on" over this?

Just asking

link   
""Update - #Turkey's PM says security forces will "retaliate in kind" and "everything necessary will be done even if that means fatalities""

If Erdogan can muster enough support this means civil war

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Erdogan using facetime on CNN Turk

Facebook should block radical users

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
HAHAHA

Syrian army celebratory gunfire in Damascus(Syria)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21
HAHAHA

Syrian army celebratory gunfire in Damascus(Syria)

link

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Or Erdogan just took it too far, with arresting reporters, holding german NATO soldiers almost as hostages in turkey/Incirlik, with supporting the "IS" and doing deals with them, and all that...

I agree. Can you imagine having the world's largest terrorist group headquartered 35 miles from your border and watching your President sit on his hands. I think France pushed these people over the edge.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

Nice!!

This brings Assad one step closer to defeating terrorists in the Syrian civil war!

Let's hope Erdogan accepts his defeat with grace, and just leaves, instead of deciding take down his whole country down with him.

Who am I kidding, Erdogan is sick...who knows what's he capable off...
edit on 533k2016Fridaypm014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

link   
twitter.com...

Erdogan making a response through facetime.

link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Yes, Erdogan has a lot of support from the people and a lot of hate as well, Right now Erdogan has come through Skype in a local channel asking people to come outside and protest. Erdogan is talking to a local TV channel, State TV channel has already been taken over by the military.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Dictators rarely give up power that easily.

Although there was one dictator of Haiti who one day, for no reason, just up and left the country and never came back, leaving it leaderless. Then Papa Doc came to power. Fun time was by all.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
twitter.com...

Erdogan making a response through facetime.

When you have to FaceTime from a bathroom.... the message "we will prevail" just doesn't seem to carry much weight.

Maybe it's me
edit on 15-7-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

I agree. Can you imagine having the world's largest terrorist group headquartered 35 miles from your border and watching your President sit on his hands. I think France pushed these people over the edge.

It's probably going to get a whole lot worse in this region (region being Europe)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The feed from page one is showing a crowd clapping the military and have raised an office on their shoulders
Coupe clearly has popular support.

loads of car horns etc.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The firefight in Turkey was between the police and the military...

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

I think his supporters will be quite fanatical. Namely the police and intelligence agencies which is where his power base lies. Hopefully the military was smart enough to take them out of the picture before launching the coup.

There were reports of military helicopters firing on the Intelligence headquarters in Ankara.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join