It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of Nationwide Martial LAW in Turkey !

page: 28
<< 25  26  27   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Ohanka

for once I support the coup. Strange times we live in

Being British off course you would - your country like the USA has a habit in interfering in the affairs of others; plenty of historical evidence and then there's the recently released Iraq Chilcot Inquiry

www.abc.net.au...:-chilcot/7575286

First off its in turkeys constitution that the army protects the constitution.

Second Erdogan didn't exactly win the election without manipulation to the extremes of being able to say it wasn't a democratic vote.

He has fired all law enforcement that wasn't on board with Islamist (his own parties term) philosophies. The last remaining stronghold in the military played their card, he has imprisoned anybody who even writes negative articles on his policy.

The restraint the military showed was either

staged by Erdogan himself to secure the rest of his power and complete control (any opposition will now be snuffed out as treasonous including the next time he tries to change the constitution)

Or its just the last group of moderates in the military that was trying to save what's left of Turkey's secular democracy before a dictator takes full control.

Notice Erdogan supporters were only men. Try and find footage od a woman supporter from the 4-5 scenes they replayed on the news.

The guys a bum. I don't support a coup officially but I wouldn't be upset if the coup had succeeded. I would have been relieved.
edit on 15-7-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
The old saying, proves true. "When you strike at a king make sure you don't miss." Probably a very bad thing for prospects of lasting peace. E's purge of the military of secularists seems more complete than I thought.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: jefwane

Now Erdogan will only get more powerful, The end of secular turkey is near. Fanatical Islamist's have taken control.
There are reports that the soldiers who surrendered in the bridge have been killed by the protesters..

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
So the coup has failed, it seems. Well, I suppose the coup supporters have failed and the army forgot to include all those zealots on the streets into equation...

It seems the election wasn`t rigged after all or should I say it was manipulated to show close to 50/50 when in fact it looks like it`s closer to 80/20 in support of Erdogan`s religious fanaticism which is about to bring the worst form of autocracy in Turkey.

Bad times ahead guys....

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Erdogan is the new Sadam, mark my words. The U.S not only supported Sadam but helped him gain power in Iraq.

Im seeing some similarities here, the U.S always helps but in the end finishes them off when not needed any more.

Mark my words...the U.S only helps when they can gain something, nothings for free.
edit on 16-7-2016 by MegaSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
As I said, Erdogan prevailed. Gülen, the filthy traitor must try harder.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: sHuRuLuNi

Technically the army has the ability under the constitution to overthrow the government.

They did it to the last Islamist leader in 97

Seeing as how Erdogan the dictator just released more than 2700 judges it's looking like he is stacking the bench for these soldiers trials. He failed miserably to change the constitution so he figures he can create the same dictatorship by stacking law enforcement, the military, the judicial branchand the press to impose and propagandize his power and ideas.

Funny not a single woman supporter of Erdogan took to the streets.

I was in Turkey a few years ago and happened to be caught in a protest at night with females why were their none at all for Erdogan?

I wonder if it has to do with his point of view and vision for Turkey.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Funny not a single woman supporter of Erdogan took to the streets.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Sorry
Two women took to the streets and a few came with their husbands in the morning.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: MegaSpace

Erdogan is the new Sadam, mark my words. The U.S not only supported Sadam but helped him gain power in Iraq.

Saddam was a secularist.

Gaddafi was a secularist.

Erdogan is a full blown radical Islamist of the ISIS kind.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

No, he thinks he is a reincarnation of Muhammad and thus the Holy Prophet of Islam...which by default makes it worse once he decides it`s time to reform the religion. Poor Saudis, they won`t even see it coming....

Can you imagine...Trump, Erdogan, Putin and lil Kim? Wild times ahead...

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: WombRaider69
a reply to: maddy21

NWO is trying to make a puppet state out of Turkey, they don't like independent presidents.
what are you talking about? Turkey has been all on board for the west's proxy wars and regime changes in the ME...

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: MegaSpace

Saddam was a secularist.

Gaddafi was a secularist.

And when the powers that are, are finished with the need of him, he'll be removed just like Sadam. My friend the world is a stage like a theater of chess players & erdogan like sadam are pawns in their game.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   

he has imprisoned anybody who even writes negative articles on his policy.

I just lost all sympathy for Erdogan after reading that.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Well, DUH!

Either it was a legitimate Coup and the leaders and sympathizers need to be rounded up and put down...

OR:

Erdy & Co. planned the whole thing with the express purpose of giving them an excuse to crackdown on their perceived rivals.

Either way, once the Coup was stopped what is happening now was inevitable.

Think of it as Episode #1000 of "Turkey being Turkey"

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas

Well, DUH!

Either it was a legitimate Coup and the leaders and sympathizers need to be rounded up and put down...

OR:

Erdy & Co. planned the whole thing with the express purpose of giving them an excuse to crackdown on their perceived rivals.

Either way, once the Coup was stopped what is happening now was inevitable.

Think of it as Episode #1000 of "Turkey being Turkey"

The law is a little different in Turkey the military is charged with preserving democracy and the constitution. They can legally force a president out. They did in 97

He is rounding up thousands of interior ministers so he was obviously ready to get rid of these people and made lists ahead of time.

Now he stacked the benches for these soldiers trials.

It does look like erdolf is benefiting a great deal from the coup

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Not unexpected, all considered. Still looks like a test case to me, to see how much can be done.

Hold onto your hats, people.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

The law is a little different in Turkey the military is charged with preserving democracy and the constitution. They can legally force a president out. They did in 97

They've done it more times that that. In fact, in the last few days they've arrested and/or fired a few thousand more people.

According to this video, there are tens of thousands of people caught up in Erdogan's madness.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Now if I'd waited a bit longer before replying, I could have included this bit of breaking news:

Reuters reports car bomb in Turkey

Three people were killed and 40 were wounded when a car bomb exploded near a police station in Turkey's eastern province of Van near the Iranian border on Wednesday, state broadcaster TRT said, citing the local governor.
No one immediately claimed responsibility for the attack. Kurdish militants frequently target police stations and other security force outposts with car bombs.

While the Kurds have done this sort of thing in the past, the timing might easily suggest that some anti-Erdogan (or "not-enough-pro-Erdogan) people are thinking about going down fighting instead of the inevitable arrest.

top topics

<< 25  26  27   >>

join