It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of Nationwide Martial LAW in Turkey !

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
borders and refugee camp collapse could be a major issue here.

This could easily cause a giant migrant wave.

ME governments typically have turned less secular in recent years. the secular government may take control for a brief bit but I am calling Turkey will be a more islamic state than today with closer ties to the arab states and further away from europe.

That's what I'm afraid of. It appears the Islamic countries are rallying behind their theocracy.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

From what i've gathered an end to the Islamist police state and a return to constitutional secular rule.

The Military has full power in the Turkish constitution to intervene should the Government becomes too religiously radical.

link   
Hillary thought well of Erdogan, and Erdogan thought poorly of Trump.

Obama?

Hard to tell, but regardless. . . .

I hope the people of Turkey get some peace.

link   

Apparently a shake-up in the military has been planned for some time, by Erdogan. It is reported that elements of the military did not approve of Erdogan's choice of new top brass. Erdogan has been increasingly playing the Islamist hand in Turkish politics but lately has started to crack down on them. I think he wants to be an Islamist but NATO says otherwise. It is time to crush ISIS and Erdogan is now playing that game. He is sitting in the eye of an erratic, tornado like vortex that might sweep him away tonight.

link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Agreed. That is the logical outcome. Not judging right or wrong, but that is the most likely progression.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

You don't make demands during a coup. You arrest everyone you want gone that's in power.

Well, maybe demands was the wrong word. What is the driving force behind this all? Is this going to a better place or worse.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

It's too early to say.

As said already, it can easily go either way. It's depends on who's got a bigger support of the military
edit on 526k2016Fridaypm014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

You don't make demands during a coup. You arrest everyone you want gone that's in power.

Wrong Wrong Wrong. You demand everyone in power surrender it to you

If history is to be repeated the Military will hand control back to a secular government.
edit on 15-7-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Well everything appears to be going horribly wrong.

Probably should've overthrown him while he was in the country. That way they could take his phone off him.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The list of Turkey military coups is five not counting the original one by ATATURK

2016?

All successful according to my brief reading of them.

Of course that is only a cursory look at this history

Category:Military coups in Turkey

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

He was in the country, I believe, but on holiday. He is now rumored to have flown to a western country, but that has not been confirmed.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Substracto

his plane might run out of fuel before he finds a place that will accept him.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Hillary thought well of Erdogan, and Erdogan thought poorly of Trump.

Obama?

Hard to tell, but regardless. . . .

I hope the people of Turkey get some peace.

Obama doesn’t like Erdogan according to many.

He at first hoped Erdogan would have been an example of a good moderate Muslim leader but he turned out to be an ass hole supporting ISIS and the Muslim brotherhood coup in Egypt.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
the RAI says that Erdogan has been granted Italian asylum. Just a rumour though.

NATO intervention to restore the tyrant is coming I fear.
edit on -050005pm7kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

link   
Army Helicopter seems to have opened fire at Turkish Intel HQ

link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
borders and refugee camp collapse could be a major issue here.

This could easily cause a giant migrant wave.

You beat me to it!
There is a deal between Merkel/EU and Erdolf, because of the refugees, around 2 Millions in turkey, and only the erdolf government stopped them from coming to west europe. Erdolf played almost the role Ghaddafi played before. Because turkey thought they could become member of the EU, and for money, for sure.
Will someone stop them now from coming to west europe?
That would be a grist to the mill for the rightwingers here, not good.

To be honest, i grew up with many turks(and kurds), even one of my grandmas was turkish(i feel ashamed that i don´t speak turkish, but i am good in eating turkish therefore....), i know turks when they are raged, and Erdolf calls his supporters now to go to the streets. That will end bloody!

Martial law and curfew is declared now, as german media tells us here, i am afraid that will get really hot...

edit on 15 7 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
France and Germans denied asylum or authorization to land (presidential aircraft) to Erdogan... I think he is flying in Qatar now.. lol

That is what happens when Muslims pray to Saint Sofia their alilulalalula

Anyway, we have live coverage here in Hellas (Greece). Lots of shootings even to civilians, helicopters bombarded the turk sat, turks running in the streets and looting all grocery stores and many more!
My country sends lots of boats in the aegean too.
edit on 15-7-2016 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Why would you fear that? Might as well fear the boogeyman. Erdogan is not Turkey. Turkey is in NATO, not Erdogan.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Yeah, I believe Germany has already said he isn't welcome. Though, that isn't official yet. And if they aren't taking him, I highly doubt any other western country, within range, will.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ploutonas
France and Germans denied asylum or authorization to land (presidential aircraft) to Erdogan...

Do you have any source for this???
I can´t find something in germany right now that confirms that he really wanted to ask for asylum here.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join