It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of Nationwide Martial LAW in Turkey !

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boscov
What does the Turkish Military plan to do? Seriously, what is their end game? And once they've accomplished that, what's next? Is this a Coup to end hostilities or is this the beginning of another Military engagement with Russia? Or is Russia about to seize Turkey?

I mean what the hell purpose does this serve? Someone please clue me in.

Patriotism, take your country back

link   
If you have Facebook on a desktop go here LIVE

You can see the feeds from people live all over Turkey.. Lots of flags and people in the streets..

link   
a reply to: neo96

Turkish military officers are trying to depose Turkish dictator Erdogan. Seems successful so far but Erdogan is on social media and the news inciting people to resist the coup.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Bout the only nice thing I have to say about Turkey is they have some sweet military tech.

Thanks for the replies.
edit on 15-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

Revolutions of Governments create vacuums, so they better have more than Patriotism behind them. What is their plan? Don't they realize no solid government means Russia and the ME will pounce?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Bout the only nice thing I have to say about Turkey is they have some sweet military tech.

Thanks for the replies.

....and Kebabs.... don't forget the Kebabs!

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
As of right now, it seems that nobody knows who is behind the coup. The coup has not been successfully completed yet.
LOUD explosions heard in Ankara.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Thierry Meyssan predicted this on Webster Tarpley's World Crisis Radio back in March I believe. He thought that the coup would come in April. He was off by three months but it was still a remarkable prediction. Erdogan has been a loose cannon for some time. I'm sure that this is a US backed coup. Erdogan has been causing too much trouble in Europe and even in Russia.

He has been supporting ISIS and has been largely responsible for the glut of refugees going through Turkey and on to Europe.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Ok that is weird "France closes diplomatic missions in Turkey after threat against National Day celebrations" two days ago

link   

Since 1960, the NATO member has experienced at least three takeovers by the secular-minded army. But since the Islamist-rooted Ak Party government came to power in 2002, the political influence of the military has been trimmed.

www.bloomberg.com...

link   
Successful military coups in turkey:
1960, 1971, 1980 and...... 2016?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

That picture of Putin is priceless!

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

they most likely knew of the coup which was happening. Erdogan seems to be asking for Aslyum in Germany

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
It's a Coup D'Etat! The Turks are tired of Erdogan's enforcing islamic laws, autocracy, and making business with ISIS under their back!!! Go Turkey!
edit on 15-7-16 by Substracto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

It's too soon to tell...

Honestly, this can easily go either way. For the safety of all people in Turkey, I just hope some high ranking general is behind this coup as well, and not just low level military officers.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

That picture of Putin is priceless!

Which picture do you mean?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

It's too soon to tell...

Honestly, this can easily go either way. For the safety of all people in Turkey, I just hope some high ranking general is behind this coup as well, and not just low level military officers.

From what i hear its low level officers, the GHQ staff has been taken hostage.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

My concern as well. Poorly governed Coups that are successful lead to far more serious and deadly situations for everyone.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

A European Union source tells the Reuters news agency: "It looks like a relatively well orchestrated coup by a substantial body of the military, not just a few colonels." "They control several strategic points in Istanbul. Given the scale of the operation, it is difficult to imagine they will stop short of prevailing," the source adds.

The Dogan agency reported that the statement said that the military took action “to reinstall the constitutional order, democracy, human rights and freedoms, to ensure that the rule of law once again reigns in the country, for the law and order to be reinstated.” The military said that “all international agreements and commitments will remain. We pledge that good relations with all world countries will continue.”

Also: Considering Incirlik Air Base is on lockdown since the beginning, and nothing moves in Turkish skies without OAF knowing about it, I suspect "we" at least condone what is happening there.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boscov
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

Revolutions of Governments create vacuums, so they better have more than Patriotism behind them. What is their plan? Don't they realize no solid government means Russia and the ME will pounce?

And that's better than we have now? YOU explain to me how the average Joe, in any country, Far East, Middle East, Europe, North America, South America ...... going through all countries in the world benefit from the status quo. Vacuums will happen, who gets the benefit of the Vacuum? we all (as Capitalists) want to make a PROFIT, the MAIN players in Gov will, as will their friends, we won't unless you have access ......... No BS here, how many in politics are in it for themselves? apart from Trump (that's a hobby)

It needs the people to say NO to both Nominees in Nov, you have that choice. People may then start asking questions

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join