It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting heard in Ankara, military jets & helicopters flying over city

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Duby78
a reply to: 2012newstart

Incirlik IS Turkish base, they own it, not NATO or the US.

YEs but they dont own ALL the aircraft or any nuclear weapons. If they try to stop removal of those things turkey is declaring war by doing so.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
according to RT:

General Bekir Ercan Van, the commander of Turkey’s Incirlik airbase, which is used both by the Turkish Air Force and NATO forces, has been detained by Turkish authorities accused of complicity in the attempted coup.

The article also says:

Authorities have also claimed that at least one of the planes “hijacked” by the coup plotters was refueled at Incirlik, according to AFP.

www.rt.com...

So does this mean that Turkey suspect that NATO and the U.S. is involved?

Has Erdogan finally lost his mind?

How much do nuclear bombs go for on the black market?

Can ISIS afford it?

So many questions, what is going on? Haha

It's clear to see, that whether Erdogan was behind this himself, he's certainly taking full advantage of it.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Can ISIS afford it? 

More like donations for thier caus

edit on 17-7-2016 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Duby78

Incirlik IS Turkish base, they own it, not NATO or the US.

When it comes to nukes, it is a dangerous play anyway, even when you own everything as Pakistan did. Turkey does not.

edit on 17-7-2016 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
With all this talk about nukes in Turkey, a couple of thoughts come to mind...

First, for all anyone knows the nukes already have been, or are in the process of being, removed. This would be a Top-Secret exercise even during normal times. The movement of nuclear weapons is not a casual happenstance activity. So, don't expect to see this show up in the media because it won't (one way or the other). Further, not seeing it in the media does not mean it didn't happen.

Second, the actual act of moving nuclear weapons is no small action in and of itself, under any circumstance. You're not going to quick-hurry-up send some run of the mill cargo plane in there, slam a bunch of nukes onboard and boogey the hell out of there. Just doesn't work like that.

And third, the media is reporting Turkey shut down the base, but that doesn't mean US Forces haven't locked down the portions of the base they occupy themselves (independent of Turkey). This is particularly true for areas where weapons are stored. They were probably locked down the second the news of the coup attempt hit. In fact, Turkey might have cut the power to make it more difficult for the US to secure the base (more so than to restrict air operations, the official story).

It's not like nukes are stored in a gym locker down the hall. A person isn't going to get anywhere near a nuke, not even remotely close! All areas are Deadly Force Authorized areas, and they mean it! Two-man rules are in force. There are numerous layers of security well before a person even gets within a mile of a nuke.

Frankly, I'd be surprised if there's any nukes at all in Turkey right now. They were probably cleared out weeks ago (if they were ever really even there).

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
It's very difficult trying to pin down the exact reason this "coup" attempt occurred even though I was getting the impression Erdogan was behind it because things weren't adding up some hours into listening to and watching a live stream on it the other night BUT, on July 13th this stunning news was reported at The Guardian.

I won't mention the Gulen Fethullah movement has reportedly been financing the Clinton campaign.

The Daily Caller

From what I've been seeing, Erdogan is blaming the U.S. and Fethullah for the coup attempt and Gulen Fethullah is blaming Erdogan for staging the coup attempt after he was blamed by Erdogan.

If all of this wasn't so sick and disgusting I would LOL.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

That is correct, I agree. Lots of NATO nations have their troops there. As for B-61, they are US property until sharing policy comes to effect... hopefully - never.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Gotta agrre with you at this poin

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Turkey wont even catch sight of a nuke.

Even if Obamais to much of a coward to act the rest of Europe will as there is no way that the UK and EU will let them fall into Turkeys hands as its our neighbourhood.

Those nukes are safe even if the UK and French military has to get them out for you.
edit on 17-7-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

I still dont think things are adding up and the removal of the judges, imo, just adds to that thought process. By blaming the guy in the US he is essentially eliminating a potent foe. For those not aware the guy in PA was close with Erdogan until 2013 when he opened a case of corruption against erdogan / family to the tune of 100+ million dollars. Since then he has been a target of Erdogan.

This whole thing looks like an inside job. As an example Erdogan claimed they tried to kill him with a bomb at the place he was staying when the coup started. However his jet was intercepted by 2 F-16's loyal to the rebels that apparently just harassed his jet yet never shot it down.

This looks like a consolidation of power via humiliating the military. I think the reason people are having issues identifying the coup leaders is because it was Erdogan.
edit on 18-7-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Erdogan is also saying that NATO was worthless.I think he was hoping to use Article 33 of the treaty and use American troops to put down the coup but all he got was tepid support from them.It does sound like a staged event.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: mike dangerously

Can you link me to NATO article 33.

I ask because all NATO shows is 14 articles.

NATO Charter

Only 14 articles long, the Treaty is one of the shortest documents of its kind. The carefully crafted articles were the subject of several months of discussion and negotiations before the Treaty could actually be signed.

edit on 18-7-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I agree, things are still not adding up and it does look like an inside job. It was dawning on people the other night when it was going down.

I wonder if Israel is involved in assisting of the staging of it since Erdogan has been re-establishing ties with that crew. Erdogan has been re-positioning Turkey in many ways.

What a farce. I can't imagine me plotting a staged coup so I could increase my level of power over the country I head. The way these people in power think and act is so out of my realm. Phew! Betrayal and deception to them is as innocuous as changing one's shoes.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Turkey government seemed to have list of arrests prepared: EU's Hahn

The swift rounding up of judges and others after a failed coup in Turkey indicated the government had prepared a list beforehand, the EU commissioner dealing with Turkey's membership bid, Johannes Hahn, said on Monday.

Following a failed coup attempt on Saturday, Turkish authorities on Sunday rounded up nearly 3,000 suspected military plotters, ranging from top commanders to foot soldiers, and the same number of judges and prosecutors.

click link for article

Well this could be an interesting development...

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
It seems that number of generals and admirals rounded up constitute a full third of all flag officers in the Turkish military. Makes me think that either support for this coup was much more widespread than is being admitted to, or this is the pretext for what could be a Stalin style purge. Could Erdogan just be getting his house in order and consolidating power?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I'm sorry I meant article 6.I was thinking of other treaties.Eurdogan was hoping to use to American and Nato troops.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: mike dangerously

Article 5 only deals with external threats. Nothing in the NATO charter allows for NATO to get involved in internal domestic issues. If the coup is linked to an outside government then you would have article 5 apply.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I heard from a friend who is close with a Turkish teacher that Erdogan is now closing down schools. Doesn't seem like anything good is going to come out of this.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Mirdaerys

About 25k teachers were let go and 1500 university deans were removed as well.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   
All academics have been banned from leaving Turkey as well twitter.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31 >>

join