It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to treat blisters on heals of feet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
It has been so many years since I have dealt with this...I'm limping all raggedy all over town from not wearing my orthopedic shoes.
Guess that's what I get for fashion over comfort.
Should I heat a pin needle with fire and then wash the needle in alcohol..then pop it
Or due I let it work itself out on its own?
I'm broke now so I will have to wrap it in something other than gauze.
Should I soak it in salt?
I'm out of clean socks too from being broke from losing my time card and then getting in fight with family member that I was cleaning house for.
I had hope and desires to buy nice comfortable shoes.
Maybe I should walk around in my socks?
I might check out amazon, see what sort of footwear they have.
Thank you.

edit on 15-7-2016 by peppycat because: 😘🎁🎒

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Blisters!

I generally just covered mine with a band-aid until they healed when I was wearing shoes. I left it open air when I was at home. Your foot will develop thickened skin in the healing process if you keep wearing the same shoes while it heals, but you want to make sure you cushion it so it doesn't keep rubbing.

I used to get blisters ever spring at the start of track season. Some years I was successful in cushioning the blisters well enough and other years they would get bloody before I'd get the healing process started. But once it does start and the thing heals, if you've been wearing the shoes along, you shouldn't have further problems.
edit on 15-7-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Cut & drain even if they're blood filled.
The sooner you open them, small cut or even a thick pin the faster they will start to heal.

K~
edit on 15-7-2016 by aethertek because: ffdfs

edit on 15-7-2016 by aethertek because: info

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Our old, family method was to drain and cut back the dead skin. Our belief was the quicker you could get the underlaying area exposed, the faster it would dry and heal.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
My brothers and me ate a piece of our blisters yuck? I'm still alive, though and healthy.
Thanks for all this advice, will have to sterilize some small scissors and get rid of dead growth over the fluid..and drain into clean tissue.
Maybe use vinegar soak too.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I'd usually drain mine and leave the skin over them with the blisters for a day or three before I took it off. Sometimes, cutting and taking that skin right off would burn like crazy but leaving the skin over it until it dried a bit would make it hurt less.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Pop it with a small hole. Wipe with iodine then seal with liquid bandage.

Cheap Blister Prevention

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I've had a lot of blisters on my feet over the years and the best advice i can give you is #1 change your socks & shoe size #2 if you have a blister,pop it,apply ointment and cover in moleskin until it's healed a reply to: peppycat

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: gmoneystunt

Pop it with a small hole. Wipe with iodine then seal with liquid bandage.

Cheap Blister Prevention

And when you pop it, pop it around the very edge, not right in the middle top.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Lots of collaborative great advice, appreciate all this help.🎏🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Our old, family method was to drain and cut back the dead skin. Our belief was the quicker you could get the underlaying area exposed, the faster it would dry and heal.

I always try to keep the epidermis.
If you cut & drain the blister as soon as it forms the skin will usually re-adhere, wait too long & then yes it dies & is lost.

The worst are blisters forming under blisters, those are the bloody ones because the lower blister forms in the flesh with lots of capillary tissue.
I was on a forced march once & had that happen, better to cut & wince when you walk than to leave it to sepsis eventually.

K~

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

In basic, blisters happened, so there were methods to deal with them. What I did was heat a needle, and pierce the edge, then gently press to remove the fluid. Then, a bandage to protect it, and clip off the dead skin ONLY once it loosened.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

There was a thread on here in the couple of months about blisters and how some research had been into them regarding marathon runners and techniques they developed that cut down the number of blisters substantially

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Yeah, zinc tape. OP has no money, though. 😕

Zinc cream,maybe?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Thanks to much needed advice, I finally drained it and am glad for everyone here in this thread, otherwise I don't know if I could of cared for my self..
Will update the healing process as. It goes.. thanks so much ATS members..puss is not something that needs to be left alone..am wearing sensible shoes now.🌉✴🌛🌑

edit on 16-7-2016 by peppycat because: auto correct

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
If a blister has torn open, or after you have drained a blister:
Wash the area with soap and water. ...
Don't remove the flap of skin over a blister unless it's very dirty or torn or there is pus under it. ...
Apply an antibiotic ointment and a clean bandage. ...
Change the bandage once a day or anytime it gets wet or dirty.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
thanks again all, it had been so many years since dealing with blisters..everyone has given very good advice and i now am blister free...corns...now...i am fine with the pain so far...as the true path my teacher told me is to know of amounts of comfort vs discomfort....as so many on earth are with out the comforts in my world...as an act of prayer, i leave painful corns as is for now...this has nothing to do with deserving or not deserving...it is the way of a true teacher..that i am somewhat close to...as he is married and so, i wait for his family to accept me as a single unmarried student...even though my frendship is before their marriage...as per apprpriate behavoir i do not speak to married men, thank you all for participating in this thread...i am in contact with my teacher as a plutonic relationship...no in person contact as he is married..off topic sorry this is about pain on or in the human body and my teacher knows something about this sort of occurance...corns..thank again ATS for allowing me thischance at partial thread drift on a thread i started...please accept my apologies...and thank you again...i will attempt off topic and thread drift not ever, no not me...thank you.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Common problem when you find perfect shoes. It's always a murder to your feet, like a they are united against you, they always have to be super cool on the outside and super not comfortable on the inside.

new topics

top topics

join