It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Best Speech You'll Ever Read - Wil Wheaton's Talk at the recent Mensa Annual Gathering

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Alternately funny, whimsical and emotional, he covers terminal geekiness, playing D&D as a teenager, the problems with being a child actor and coping with depression. This is really worth your time. There are links in the comments section to the filmed speech which adds nuance, unfortunately not complete because of battery problems. This presentation got Wil a roaring standing ovation and has been called 'the best keynote ever' in AG history.

wilwheaton.net...

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SentientCentenarian
That was very inspiring and I related to so much in it. I am going to forward it to a couple of friends. Thanks for posting.

S&F

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
That was definitely a "Wow". My adult son has always related to Wil Wheaton-now I know why. He is also a MENSA member and Wil was so spot on about being different. Thank you so much for sharing.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SentientCentenarian

Wow, Excellent, thank you for sharing!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I like Will in the Big Bang series, but early on in Star Trek the Next generation, I didn't like his character, or any on that show actually, but he got better as that show went on. I like him now, I'd like to see him do some serious drama. I'll see his speech when I can do some real connection speeds. Thanx.

top topics

join