It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Q: Any ATS member have a written transcript of French President François Hollande's Nice speech?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I was watching the English MSM feed of French President François Hollande's speech that had an English translator speaking, when (and I do not speak French) I thought I heard the word "islamist", when the feed suddenly cutoff before the :live" translator got to that part. When the feed returned after about 10 seconds, the "live" English translator was now silent, and only the French president was speaking. With no "live" translator, the MSM cut away and went to some talking heads.

I am looking for a full, non-redacted, written English transcript of his speech. I have Googled for it, and have not found a pure full transcript, only bits and pieces, with analysis mixed into the content. I want to READ his words, without the MSM (or those with their finger on the censor switch) carefully manipulating the message for their own purposes.

C'Mon ATS, I know someone here either has a link, speaks French and can post a full transcript, for EVERYONE to read verbatim.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Horror... Horror has just descended on France once again. As I speak, 77 people have sadly been killed, including several children, and some 20 people are in a critical condition. It cannot be denied that this was a terrorist attack and, once again, it was an extremely violent one, and it's clear that we must do everything to ensure we can fight the scourge of terrorism. The driver was shot dead. At this point we don't know whether he had any accomplices, but we're making sure that his identification, which is going to be confirmed, can put us onto any possible leads. France was hit on its National Day, 14 July, the symbol of freedom, because human rights are denied by the fanatics, and because France is obviously their target. On behalf of a nation in tears, I express our solidarity with the victims and their families. All resources are being deployed to help the injured. The White Plan mobilizing all hospitals in the region has been triggered. After Paris in January 2015, then in November last year, along with Saint-Denis, now Nice, in turn, has been hit. The whole of France is under the threat of Islamist terrorism. So in these circumstances, we must show absolute vigilance and unfailing determination. Many measures have already been taken. Our legislative arsenal has been strengthened considerably. But because this is the summer season, we must further increase our level of protection. So I've decided, at the Prime Minister's proposal and together with the ministers concerned - the Defence and Interior Ministers - firstly that we'll maintain Operation Sentinelle at a high level, which enables us to mobilize 10,000 soldiers, in addition to gendarmes and police. I've also decided to call in operational reserves - i.e. all those who have at some point served under the flag or been in the gendarmerie - to come and help relieve the pressure on the police and gendarmes. We'll be able to deploy them wherever we need them, particularly for border control. Finally, I have decided that the state of emergency, which was to end on 26 July, will be extended by three months. A bill will be submitted to Parliament by next week. Nothing will make us yield in our determination to combat terrorism, and we're going to further intensify our strikes in Syria and Iraq. We'll continue to hit those who attack us on our own soil, in their hideouts. I announced this yesterday morning. A meeting of the Defence Council will be held tomorrow [on 15 July]. It will examine all the measures which we've already taken and which I've just announced. It will therefore enable all the necessary personnel to be deployed on every site and in every town and city where we need protection and vigilance. Following this Defence Council meeting, I'll go to Nice with the Prime Minister to support the city and its elected representatives in this ordeal and to mobilize all the necessary capabilities. France is deeply distressed by over this new tragedy. It's horrified by what has just happened, this monstrosity of using a lorry to kill, to deliberately kill dozens of people who had simply come to celebrate 14 July. France is in tears, it's deeply distressed, but it's strong and will always be stronger - I assure you of that - than the fanatics who seek to attack it today./.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Horror... Horror has just descended on France once again. As I speak, 77 people have sadly been killed, including several children, and some 20 people are in a critical condition. It cannot be denied that this was a terrorist attack and, once again, it was an extremely violent one, and it's clear that we must do everything to ensure we can fight the scourge of terrorism. The driver was shot dead. At this point we don't know whether he had any accomplices, but we're making sure that his identification, which is going to be confirmed, can put us onto any possible leads. France was hit on its National Day, 14 July, the symbol of freedom, because human rights are denied by the fanatics, and because France is obviously their target. On behalf of a nation in tears, I express our solidarity with the victims and their families. All resources are being deployed to help the injured. The White Plan mobilizing all hospitals in the region has been triggered. After Paris in January 2015, then in November last year, along with Saint-Denis, now Nice, in turn, has been hit. The whole of France is under the threat of Islamist terrorism. So in these circumstances, we must show absolute vigilance and unfailing determination. Many measures have already been taken. Our legislative arsenal has been strengthened considerably. But because this is the summer season, we must further increase our level of protection. So I've decided, at the Prime Minister's proposal and together with the ministers concerned - the Defence and Interior Ministers - firstly that we'll maintain Operation Sentinelle at a high level, which enables us to mobilize 10,000 soldiers, in addition to gendarmes and police. I've also decided to call in operational reserves - i.e. all those who have at some point served under the flag or been in the gendarmerie - to come and help relieve the pressure on the police and gendarmes. We'll be able to deploy them wherever we need them, particularly for border control. Finally, I have decided that the state of emergency, which was to end on 26 July, will be extended by three months. A bill will be submitted to Parliament by next week. Nothing will make us yield in our determination to combat terrorism, and we're going to further intensify our strikes in Syria and Iraq. We'll continue to hit those who attack us on our own soil, in their hideouts. I announced this yesterday morning. A meeting of the Defence Council will be held tomorrow [on 15 July]. It will examine all the measures which we've already taken and which I've just announced. It will therefore enable all the necessary personnel to be deployed on every site and in every town and city where we need protection and vigilance. Following this Defence Council meeting, I'll go to Nice with the Prime Minister to support the city and its elected representatives in this ordeal and to mobilize all the necessary capabilities. France is deeply distressed by over this new tragedy. It's horrified by what has just happened, this monstrosity of using a lorry to kill, to deliberately kill dozens of people who had simply come to celebrate 14 July. France is in tears, it's deeply distressed, but it's strong and will always be stronger - I assure you of that - than the fanatics who seek to attack it today./.

There it is...

The whole of France is under the threat of Islamist terrorism.

Thanks, UK.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

There it is...

The whole of France is under the threat of Islamist terrorism.

Thanks, UK.

No problem
Here is the source:
basedoc.diplomatie.gouv.fr...

It's an official French Govt website.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Thank You!
So, he DID say "islamist" and I missed all of this ....

...terrorism. So in these circumstances, we must show absolute vigilance and unfailing determination. Many measures have already been taken. Our legislative arsenal has been strengthened considerably. But because this is the summer season, we must further increase our level of protection. So I've decided, at the Prime Minister's proposal and together with the ministers concerned - the Defence and Interior Ministers - firstly that we'll maintain Operation Sentinelle at a high level, which enables us to mobilize 10,000 soldiers, in addition to gendarmes and police. I've also decided to call in operational reserves - i.e. all those who have at some point served under the flag or been in the gendarmerie - to come and help relieve the pressure on the police and gendarmes. We'll be able to deploy them wherever we need them, particularly for border control. Finally, I have decided that the state of emergency, which was to end on 26 July, will be extended by three months. A bill will be submitted to Parliament by next week. Nothing will make us yield in our determination to combat terrorism, and we're going to further intensify our strikes in Syria and Iraq. We'll continue to hit those who attack us on our own soil, in their hideouts. I announced this yesterday morning. A meeting of the Defence Council will be held tomorrow [on 15 July]. It will examine all the measures which we've already taken and which I've just announced. It will therefore enable all the necessary personnel to be deployed on every site and in every town and city where we need protection and vigilance. Following this Defence Council meeting, I'll go to Nice with the Prime Minister to support the city and its elected representatives in this ordeal and to mobilize all the necessary capabilities. France is deeply distressed by over this new tragedy. It's horrified by what has just happened, this monstrosity of using a lorry to kill, to deliberately kill dozens of people who had simply come to celebrate 14 July. France is in tears, it's deeply distressed, but it's strong and will always be stronger - I assure you of that - than the fanatics who seek to attack it today

So, there was a convenient feed cutoff just when he was claiming it was related to Islamic Terrorists, and his plan to escalate the fight. I guess we in the U.S. can't seem to handle that kind of TRUTH being told to us? They were blatant in their censorship of the Orlando shooter's conversations with police, and now they censor, completely, the speech from a foreign head of state!??!

Again, thanks for this transcript.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Thank You!

...terrorism. So in these circumstances, we must show absolute vigilance and unfailing determination. Many measures have already been taken. Our legislative arsenal has been strengthened considerably. But because this is the summer season, we must further increase our level of protection. So I've decided, at the Prime Minister's proposal and together with the ministers concerned - the Defence and Interior Ministers - firstly that we'll maintain Operation Sentinelle at a high level, which enables us to mobilize 10,000 soldiers, in addition to gendarmes and police. I've also decided to call in operational reserves - i.e. all those who have at some point served under the flag or been in the gendarmerie - to come and help relieve the pressure on the police and gendarmes. We'll be able to deploy them wherever we need them, particularly for border control. Finally, I have decided that the state of emergency, which was to end on 26 July, will be extended by three months. A bill will be submitted to Parliament by next week. Nothing will make us yield in our determination to combat terrorism, and we're going to further intensify our strikes in Syria and Iraq. We'll continue to hit those who attack us on our own soil, in their hideouts. I announced this yesterday morning. A meeting of the Defence Council will be held tomorrow [on 15 July]. It will examine all the measures which we've already taken and which I've just announced. It will therefore enable all the necessary personnel to be deployed on every site and in every town and city where we need protection and vigilance. Following this Defence Council meeting, I'll go to Nice with the Prime Minister to support the city and its elected representatives in this ordeal and to mobilize all the necessary capabilities. France is deeply distressed by over this new tragedy. It's horrified by what has just happened, this monstrosity of using a lorry to kill, to deliberately kill dozens of people who had simply come to celebrate 14 July. France is in tears, it's deeply distressed, but it's strong and will always be stronger - I assure you of that - than the fanatics who seek to attack it today

So, there was a convenient feed cutoff just when he was claiming it was related to Islamic Terrorists, and his plan to escalate the fight. I guess we in the U.S. can't seem to handle that kind of TRUTH being told to us? They were blatant in their censorship of the Orlando shooter's conversations with police, and now they censor, completely, the speech from a foreign head of state!??!

The MSM are in a frantic cover up of the truth so as to push the lone nutter narrative. Let's be clear - this is being done to limit the damage to Hillary Clinton. They don;t want her outed as being on the completely wrong side of the truth.
edit on 15/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Thank You!

Is this one of those threads where we accuse MSM and Gov. Officials of hiding the Islamist threat from us over worries about Liberal PC's? The same MSM and Gov. Officials that have beating "Islamic Terrorism" into the populations brains for the last 15 years?

Oh wait. Obama did it!! Right!?!?!

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Agreed, 100%. And her response to this tragedy was we need MORE surveillance and sharing of that surveillance across all nations!!! Really? We have so much now, that we both cannot sift through it, and when we do, we are hampered by PC politics from acting upon the information we have.

We don't need more, we need action on what we have now IMO.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

Thank You!

Is this one of those threads where we accuse MSM and Gov. Officials of hiding the Islamist threat from us over worries about Liberal PC's? The same MSM and Gov. Officials that have beating "Islamic Terrorism" into the populations brains for the last 15 years?

Oh wait. Obama did it!! Right!?!?!

I don;t think Obama did it. It was a muslim guy named Mohammed.

I am assuming that you wouldn't deny that the MSM is biased - or are you one of the 6% of people who actually believe they are NOT corrupt?
If you are, how funny

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Well, if he was censored, it isn't the first time.

white-house-doctors-video-to-remove-islamic-terrorism-q uote

President Obama is so paranoid about linking terrorists to the Muslim faith that when French President François Hollande used the phrase “Islamist terrorism” at a meeting in Washington, White House officials posted their official press video with audio of the words cut out completely. The 8-minute clip was posted on the White House Web site and showed Hollande discussing the global terror threat at a Nuclear Security Summit meeting with Obama and advisers Thursday.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
Well, if he was censored, it isn't the first time.

white-house-doctors-video-to-remove-islamic-terrorism-q uote

President Obama is so paranoid about linking terrorists to the Muslim faith that when French President François Hollande used the phrase “Islamist terrorism” at a meeting in Washington, White House officials posted their official press video with audio of the words cut out completely. The 8-minute clip was posted on the White House Web site and showed Hollande discussing the global terror threat at a Nuclear Security Summit meeting with Obama and advisers Thursday.

I forgot about that. Hillarious to reread MALBOSIA's post above now...

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

And it's a cooincedence that ALL feeds to the U.S. MSM broadcasting his speech, cut off immediately (I was watching, it was immediate) after he spoke the word "islamist". I heard that CLEARLY, and I do not speak French.

There is nothing to accuse here....that is a fact. I was watching, and when it returned the translator was SILENT....so after about 5 seconds of him speaking French, the MSM cut away to talking heads (with a comment form the MSM anchor saying, "oh well, there's no point in watching this without the translator").

Yeah, that's a coincidence.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Unbelievable.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I am not saying anything is anything but what do you guys think is the hussle here. I gave up watching broadcast television a few years ago. Up untill then, if a cat got ran over by a car it was due to islamic terrorism. Now that I dont watch news anymore, all I hear about from these sites is that the news and government are HIDING the islamic threat.

Can you understand my confussion?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I am not saying anything is anything but what do you guys think is the hussle here. I gave up watching broadcast television a few years ago. Up untill then, if a cat got ran over by a car it was due to islamic terrorism. Now that I dont watch news anymore, all I hear about from these sites is that the news and government are HIDING the islamic threat.

I have no idea where you have been if you are not aware that the democrats have been doing everything they can to avoid the use of the term 'islamic terrorist'. By Democrats I also include their propaganda arms CNN, MSNBC and CBS News.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I have no idea where you have been if you are not aware that the democrats have been doing everything they can to avoid the use of the term 'islamic terrorist'. By Democrats I also include their propaganda arms CNN, MSNBC and CBS News.

Oh I see. Thats what I thought. Obamageddon....

... moving on.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I can understand you may be confused.

I've never heard of an attack being islamic terrorism until it was proven to be islamic terrorism. I honestly believe you've been called out on your original statement and now you're crawfishing and claiming you don't even watch broadcast television anymore. Furthermore, a few years ago, islamic terrorism wasn't talked about very often. It just started when ISIS came into the picture a couple of years ago.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

... moving on.

I can feel your embarrassment

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

... moving on.

But you don't watch broadcast television, and haven't for the past few years. None of this came to the forefront until two years ago. So you're lying and have been caught. Moving on would be the best option at this point in the thread.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

... moving on.

I can feel your embarrassment

LOL!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join