It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain to build a wall

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Laugh all you want. UK has already spoken volumes of how racist they are by voting to leave the EU. Trump and his racist views will not be voted in.

"The uncomfortable question: Was the Brexit vote based on racism?"

One oft-used rebuttal to charges of racism is that it's about levels of immigration — a genuine policy issue — rather than prejudice.

www.washingtonpost.com...

edit on 7jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

edit on 7jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Ohmygosh you really are amusing! Thank you

Racist for wishing to leave a political union and have control over numbers that live here same as the US does?
I can't just rock up in the US and work if I want to. Is that racist?

Why should people in the EU have the automatic right to live and work in Britain when folk from the US, Canada, India, anywhere outside of the EU, have to apply for visa's and show a benefit to the UK.
Is that racist? Or just silly dramatic drama labels because you don't really have a strong argument other than whining that a couple of British members criticised Trump on ATS?

Lol, carry on whining though, you amuse me.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Or we could just let them in the tunnel.. ka boom. . Flooded..
Would solve another problem being connected to those pesky french.
Also it's a long f##ing swim to Dover.

Nah, your way I gotta pump out the water and clean up the bodies. Beside the chunnel is big time revenue, besides that, they are starting to use boats to cross the channel like in the Mediterranean.

sarc arc off
edit on 15-7-2016 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
they are starting to use boats to cross the channel like in the Mediterranean.

That's correct, and they are reaching shore much further west than Kent.
UK shores are woefully unprotected at night in any practical terms, even less when British folk collude and take a slice of the people smuggling money.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Lol, carry on whining though, you amuse me.

Whining aside, glad to see you are amused by the truth, despite your lame excuses otherwise.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

So will the 'wall' have gun towers and razor wire, land mines and electric fences?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Whining aside, glad to see you are amused by the truth, despite your lame excuses otherwise.

Ah, but it doesn't work like that. You made the racist claim about the UK leaving political union with the EU so please do carry on amusing me by explaining exactly how it is racist (as a nation) instead of quoting the Washington Post.

I voted leave and my current beau, a female friend of 10 years is Czech, I have many deep friendships in my social groups with folk from different countries of the EU. Nobody is being kicked out, it's about leaving political union with the EU.
It's about the UK being able to control the numbers of EU people moving here so local authorities can plan how many schools to build, hospitals, whatever.

The wall in Calais is (wisely or not) to keep illegal immigrants who refuse to claim asylum in France out of the UK.
It is a completely seperate issue to the UK leaving the EU.
Perhaps you should learn the subject matter before whining on ATS.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

So will the 'wall' have gun towers and razor wire, land mines and electric fences?

That decision would ultimately be up to the French.
Ask them, personally I imagine not.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
Would be cheaper and more effective to have a few snipers along the route.

Yeah, if we were to respond seriously to these people, this would be the answer. Although, i'd much prefer to just tell them they're idiots.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

they are starting to use boats to cross the channel like in the Mediterranean.

That's correct, and they are reaching shore much further west than Kent.
UK shores are woefully unprotected at night in any practical terms, even less when British folk collude and take a slice of the people smuggling money.

still getting them through south, south-east kent, from Folkestone through to new Romney/Dymchurch sort of area, mile after mile of totally unprotected coastline, small inflatable power boats come straight up to the beach load onto waiting trailers and are gone leaving the immigrants on the beach to run off through the villages. Most of these villages have no police force at night, the nearest police would have to come from Folkestone or Ashford and takes a good half an hour for them to get there so immigrants and the people bringing them over are long gone by then

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TigStar82

They are landing as far west as Devon and Dorset from anecdotal whisperings I hear ...even MSM is picking up on it now.
It will be interesting to see how it develops this summer.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

I don't know how truthful the report is or how sincere the plans are.

Britain will foot the 2.7 million euro (£1.9m) bill for the towering wall, which will stand at four metres high and will stretch for more than a kilometre along the main dual carriageway to the port.

The migrants and refugees have travelled several hundred miles to get to Calais. What are the chances that even one solitary individual will then be thwarted by a wall that's less than one mile in length??

Is it conceivable that the people will go around it? Or climb over it?

It will take more energy and no one is helping them to get on the other side of it.

I'd like to see it, the plans for it anyway.

Come to think of it, I'd like to see Trumps wall too.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Nobody on the planet wants these people. We really need to prepare a place for them to go. Honestly we are going to HAVE to make them a safe zone in the ME. They aren't able to do it without the world's help.

I don't understand why we haven't done it already. This is a huge mess.

There are plenty of muslim countries they could go to. But they won't. Their mission is to conquer and convert. They would accomplish little to nothing by going to a place already majority muslim.

I don't think a place for them to go will ever be. But I believe we need to be steadfast in defense of our own way of life and our beliefs. We can not let them fall by the wayside in the name of political correctness.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Not to say that the OP is a load of ....but...
Why would France, as Calais in France don't forget, let the UK build a wall in a French city to stop immigration to Britain, I'm sure France would love to see the back of thousand of immigrants.
Wouldn't it be up to the French to do that? or even better tighten things up at Dover etc.
Having read other stories such as "Turkey threatens war with US" in the same rag...I don't think I'll be taking it seriously.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

They are landing as far west as Devon and Dorset from anecdotal whisperings I hear ...even MSM is picking up on it now.
It will be interesting to see how it develops this summer.

That doesn't surprise me, lots of lovely open beaches down that way. Wasn't there a story on daily mail last school hols of a boat load of immigrants landing on a beach down that way in broad daylight and just walked off up the beach, I'm sure it was somewhere down there anyway

Its weird how so many go unnoticed, back in my school days I done work experience down Dover docks, part of that we were given a tour of the radar station and had a talk with the operators who told us that they are part of a network that covers the whole English channel, they know exactly whats out there at any time because its so busy they have to keep every boat on track. We was allowed to take turns at operating one of the radar screens, we could move a roller ball mouse around, pinpoint a boat even the small boats and it would show its coarse, speed and all that, this was back in 1997/98 (cant remember which lol) so by now the technology should be loads better then way back then
Surely if they see a small boat going flat out from france to some dark deserted English beach then its either drugs or people smugglers, why aint the coast guard or the harbour patrols checking them out? Its like they want them here or they just cant be bothered with the paperwork

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

If I recall correctly the Coastguard currently have only 2 or 3 cutters patrolling our shores so they have their work cut out.
Harbour Master teams in my area only work days unless a scheduled night ship arrives, so yep, at night the UK shoreline is woefully unprotected.

I'm hoping the channel doesn't start looking like the Med this summer.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   

If I recall correctly the Coastguard currently have only 2 or 3 cutters patrolling our shores so they have their work cut out.
Harbour Master teams in my area only work days unless a scheduled night ship arrives, so yep, at night the UK shoreline is woefully unprotected.

I'm hoping the channel doesn't start looking like the Med this summer.

Saw this on DM this morning, hopefully its effective....
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

It's about bloody time, is all i can say.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy1972
Not to say that the OP is a load of ....but...
Why would France, as Calais in France don't forget, let the UK build a wall in a French city to stop immigration to Britain, I'm sure France would love to see the back of thousand of immigrants.
Wouldn't it be up to the French to do that? or even better tighten things up at Dover etc.
Having read other stories such as "Turkey threatens war with US" in the same rag...I don't think I'll be taking it seriously.

Um, there's already a barbed wire fence there. Apparently a wall will replace the fence.

It will replace the current barbed wire fencing which has proved so ineffective, with migrants aided by British anarchists frequently smashing through and endangering the lives of truckers.

reportuk.org...

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Cool if it works...even more cool if it pisses you off ☺

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join