It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain to build a wall

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
What the hell? And I thought us Americans were being idiotic...

No, ideocy, in these cases to increase security, is a trait shared by the civilized world.

It would be nice if people would learn that walls really don't keep a lot of people out, plus most people who sneak in do it though actual entry points using assistance. And if Britain is anything like the US, many illegals are starting to appear by getting work visas then letting them expire.

Building a wall is a dumb plan that only a moron would think would work in this day and age.

Yes, but as you said before it is an ideotic plan. It keeps the idiots in along with a false sense of security.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Misterlondon

Ha ha, just shoot em, huh? Nazis tried that, bullets are expensive, and troops develop 'twitches' shooting so many innocent people.

At least Get smart with your genocide; open the tunnel, let them in and seal it when it full, gassing them all to death, You could play music and have signs that say welcome, work hard, be free.

/sarc

Or we could just let them in the tunnel.. ka boom. . Flooded..
Would solve another problem being connected to those pesky french.
Also it's a long f##ing swim to Dover. .

/sarc

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

It sure does... I just wish it wouldn't have to waste so much tax money doing it...

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
Like the french would let the British build a wall around any french city, this is a hoax.

Calais is a town not a city, Calais port is separate to Calais town its about a 10 min drive away, they are not planning to build a wall around the town just the port which isn't actually that big compared to other ports and would be easy to build around
I haven't been there in a while, I prefer the train but on my last trip the port was still fairly open, not a lot to keep immigrants out just a few barb wire fences which the immigrants seem to get over faster then an Olympic pole vaulter
They do have quite a heavy armed police force which always surprises me how the immigrants get past them, hmmm its a mystery

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Well, you know, it's easy to cast stones when you are without a particular sin, but once that sin threatens your own country, suddenly the stones turn into a smooth concrete wall (that still probably won't do anything...I learned how to form a human ladder during basic training).

Hypocrisy is often funny to witness.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I'm curious about this hypocrisy you speak of, who is being hypocritical?
Have the UK government or British ATS members particularly criticised US efforts to keep out illegal immigrants?
I know Trump was on about a wall but that would be one hell of a wall considering the size of the border. I couldn't give a # if the US built a wall anyway, and I'm not recalling any Brit members here criticising the idea.

I support pretty much anything the UK attempts to lawfully keep out illegal immigrants, especially when they refuse to claim asylum in the safe country they are already in, France.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
What makes you think it's to keep them out? Walls work both ways. It's to keep us in. Have you ever wondered what they do in Porton Down? It's what Americans call a FEMA camp. LOL.
Anyways, what makes people think that they'll climb walls, they crossed a bigger more dangerous stretch of water (the Med) to get to Europe so the channel would be like a boat in the park to them.
Well because of Brexit the mayor of Calais said that the UK HAS to take at least 5000 immigrants immediately and as she has already offered to buy them one way ferry tickets expect some in your neighbourhood soon.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I'm curious about this hypocrisy you speak of, who is being hypocritical?
Have the UK government or British ATS members particularly criticised US efforts to keep out illegal immigrants?

Yes.

David Cameron criticises Donald Trump 'Muslim ban' call'

www.bbc.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I don't know how truthful the report is or how sincere the plans are.

Britain will foot the 2.7 million euro (£1.9m) bill for the towering wall, which will stand at four metres high and will stretch for more than a kilometre along the main dual carriageway to the port.

The migrants and refugees have travelled several hundred miles to get to Calais. What are the chances that even one solitary individual will then be thwarted by a wall that's less than one mile in length??

Is it conceivable that the people will go around it? Or climb over it?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

edit on 15-7-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

A Muslim ban called for by Trump is not the same as his declaration to build a wall. A wall does not discriminate on religious grounds. Perhaps you should have been more clear in the OP that you referred solely to apparent hypocrisy by a few ATS members?
I probably would have ignored the thread then.

*Edit*

So all the hand wringing and criticism from across the pond

Lol, just a couple of British ATS members, I'll leave you to your whining.
edit on 15.7.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Good built it strong, high and deep, arm it, and kill all those who dare cross not at gates! Be sovereign, be a nation!

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

A Muslim ban called for by Trump is not the same as his declaration to build a wall. A wall does not discriminate on religious grounds. Perhaps you should have been more clear in the OP that you referred solely to apparent hypocrisy by a few ATS members?
I probably would have ignored the thread then.

So Trump as a US politician has called on a ban of Muslims? Again, UK hypocrisy is ripe.

A day after the Paris terrorist attacks which resulted in at least 129 deaths and left hundreds injured, Britain First held a national conference in Sheffield where they passed a policy to ban the “religion of Islam within the United Kingdom” and all its associated practices.

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Historically Walls never work for anything. There's the Great Wall of China. Great tourist site but was very minimally effective. There's wall the Romans build that never kept anyone of any consequence out.

Walled City/Fortresses of ancient lore...almost every one fell eventually.

Walls are generally a bad idea...and in this day and age a terribly expensive Idea.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Lol again, Britain First??? Bahahaha! A tiny ragtag bunch of hate filled thugs who pretty much everyone else in the country think are just violent bigots.
Oh dear, do try again, all you have in your whiny OP is a couple of British ATS members who criticised Trumps wall and you got butt hurt.

So all the hand wringing and criticism from across the pond

Oh thank you for the laugh this evening!

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

"Britain First"???

More like bloody racists incorporated if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
So all the hand wringing and criticism from across the pond about Trump's proposal to protect our southern border,
they are actually doing it. Do as I say, not as I do.

Crumbs. Britain has had its own moat (Atlantic, Irish Sea and English Channel) and now it needs a wall as well ?

What ever next ? The elite love building their little castles don't they ?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha
The elite love building their little castles don't they ?

You are likely to find that a huge percentage of the proles in the UK support efforts to thwart illegal immigration.
I would say a majority, but that would be anecdotal speculation.
Even France doesn't want the migrants camped at Calais who are refusing to claim asylum, you know, the safe country they are already in.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I have read numerous posts from Brits, as well as many other European and other countries abroad who talk about how racist it is to build a wall, or how ignorant it is to want to undertake such an endeavor, or how paranoid it is, or whatever.

If you're truly asking me to cite specific examples, though, I'm not interested in taking the time to search for that. Whether or not you have recollection of any Brit or ATS member criticizing the topic is irrelevant to the reality that it has happened on here, and on numerous occasions back when it was the flavor of the week.

But, to be more specific, the hypocrisy about which I was speaking is how the general idea of the EU and it's embracing of the pseudo-open-border policy is showing to be an absolute debacle of an ideology. I know that you all have voted to exit the EU, so I guess the hypocrisy is only partially there for this particular instance, but it's still there nonetheless.

I'm with you, though...I support the building of your wall. I'm skeptical about it here in the US, though, as I think the ROI of such a wall (that would actually work) would be so far in the red for so long that it's probably a lesson in futility.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

I'm not sure the Med is more dangerous. The Channel has more boat traffic, tides and currents.

What do they do at Porton Down? Aliens and Soma, obviously.

Alien Bodies
No aliens, either alive or dead have ever been taken to Porton Down or any other Dstl site.

Cannabis Cultivation
Dstl and its predecessors do not and have never grown cannabis at Porton Down.

www.gov.uk...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join