It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt Gingrich Says We Should ‘Test Every Person’ Of Muslim Descent

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
You think it is perfectly fine to have a separate legal system outside our system but within our country?

Were you not ware of the large Christian and Jewish communities that in effect have their own systems that they appeal to before our own legal system?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

And religious qualification tests are un-effing-Constitutional. You take the bad with the mostly good.

Yes, I'm fully against Newt's proposals. But to say he's doing it for no reason, or because he's an idiot, or he's full of fear and hate, is absolutely false.

What was the religious persuasion of the douche nozzle that shot up the black church in South Carolina? There a s***bags in every bunch.

No one said otherwise, but if we need to continually tell ourselves this in order to recognize a problem, so be it.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: InTheLight
Sharia Law is man-made lunacy not divine revelation in any sense.

There are plenty of Christian loons in this country that would love to impose a theocracy and have said so.

Deport their mental assess too.

Obviously, they tried and failed, and for good reason.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Nikola014

So if a journalist goes on to such a website for research they should be arrested? Or what if someone accidentally stumbles upon such a site?

well, the right-wing "protect our constitutional rights" crowd will have you thrown in jail, for exercising your constitutional rights.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

a reply to: buster2010

Let me get this straight. You think it is perfectly fine to have a separate legal system outside our system but within our country?

As long as it doesn't superseded the constitution why not? As I pointed out other court systems have been operating for decades and there has been no problem.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I think it would be a good idea to do something about people who are on terrorist watch list, or affiliated with groups that are .

Our government has people on their radar that should not be allowed in the country.

This isn't ever going to end anyway

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
But to say he's doing it for no reason, or because he's an idiot, or he's full of fear and hate, is absolutely false.

I am sure whatever reason he has justified to himself is perfectly legitimate, regardless, that reason runs counter to the Constitution.

No one said otherwise, but if we need to continually tell ourselves this in order to recognize a problem, so be it.

I suppose we do because Newt's alternative is not palatable for this Constitutionalist.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

How is this any different from modern Salem witch trials?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

So what makes their crazy asses any different than other religious nutbars?

You had a major party candidate (Ted Cruz) who is a avowed Dominionist and whose supporters want to institute a Christian theocracy.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Nikola014

So if a journalist goes on to such a website for research they should be arrested? Or what if someone accidentally stumbles upon such a site?

well, the right-wing "protect our constitutional rights" crowd will have you thrown in jail, for exercising your constitutional rights.

Says the church of gun control waging their holy crusade against object violence.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I suppose we do because Newt's alternative is not palatable for this Constitutionalist.

Agreed. The best way to defeat Sharia law is to expose its absurdities and mock it into oblivion.

link   

Sharia Law is man-made lunacy not divine revelation in any sense.

There are plenty of Christian loons in this country that would love to impose a theocracy and have said so.

Deport their mental assess too.

No they have not failed. All blue laws in this nation are based on the Christian faith. Not to mention our politicians like Cruz who pushes for theocracy and even the great orange one said if elected Christians will have more power. What do you think he meant by that?

link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

Like I said, you are giving them power by acknowledging them as terrorists. Stop doing that. Just arrest them when they act up. Stop fearing them, and they'll go away. Terrorism is just a cry for attention.

Stop fearing terrorists and they'll go away? Terrorism is just a cry for attention?

I had such high hopes for you , friend.

No it's more to it than that. You have to actually prosecute the ones that act up as criminals.

PS: I don't recall being your friend.
edit on 15-7-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

No you are reading what confirms your biases. It's clear as day. Provide an anecdote that agrees with you, then pretend like it represents the topic at large. It's a textbook propaganda technique.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Agreed. The best way to defeat Sharia law is to expose its absurdities and mock it into oblivion.

On this we are in total agreement. I find the practice vile and contemptible and anyone who participates in it is a mindless cretin.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I disagree with nothing Gingrich is quoted as saying there. The man is absolutely on point on this matter.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

So what makes their crazy asses any different than other religious nutbars?

You had a major party candidate (Ted Cruz) who is a avowed Dominionist and whose supporters want to institute a Christian theocracy.

The progressive updating of the good (debateable) book and relaxing certain prejudices, which shows some promise of reason taking hold. With Sharia Law considered a divine revelation, there isn't any room for reasonable humane changes.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

You think it is perfectly fine to have a separate legal system outside our system but within our country?

Were you not ware of the large Christian and Jewish communities that in effect have their own systems that they appeal to before our own legal system?

Would their "laws" supercede our country's laws though? All religions have a set of punishments and chastisements for going outside their boundaries, but they do not supercede the laws of our nation.

In other words, would we turn a blind eye to them cutting someone's hand off for stealing? Would it be okay to beat a wife or daughter for some minor disobedience? Would our domestic abuse laws supercede their internal "laws", or would we say, "she's a muslim and allow her to be beaten"?

How about the one where you get the muslim death penalty if you spit on Islam and turn against them? Would we as a nation allow the Islamic Sharia Law system to handle it themselves?

The answer should be 'NO' and anybody that advocates this type of internal law, should have to live under it....elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: InTheLight

No you are reading what confirms your biases. It's clear as day. Provide an anecdote that agrees with you, then pretend like it represents the topic at large. It's a textbook propaganda technique.

These are real women out there in the world, with plenty to say against the treatment they suffer within their faith. I am just their messenger here for those who want to know their truth.
edit on 15-7-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I disagree with nothing Gingrich is quoted as saying there. The man is absolutely on point on this matter.

As you've read through the thread.

They really don't like the idea of Muslim Control.

When it comes to objects ?

YES WE CAN!.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join