It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Chistine Horner Right on her Opinion about Centurion famous Phrase to Jesus?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

I don't even understand the issue here.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

Dear NOTurTypical:

Well, of course there is no trouble at all with the words of the good Roman Centurion that are repeated by Catholics, as well by Episcopalians or Anglicans in every mass or religious service.

It is harmless to repeat the words of the centurion when the person really knows why they were original spoken, only a person ignoring completely their context can arrive the wrong conclusions of Mrs Horner.

The Only issue here that exist is in the mind of Christine Horner, who is deforming and distorting completely the sense of a beautiful passage of the life of Jesus Christ, one that teaches fundamentally that faith is the path of Salvation and solution of any problems in this life and also that salvation was offered by God to all humankind not only to the Hebrews, through Chirist.

It comes to my attention that this author is publishing books of self-help and even has a foundation to promote her own distorted interpretation of Mindfulness, a kind of meditation that comes from the Buddhist background, not the Christian one, and that even in its original context is absolutely never exalting Egotism.

Mindfulness philosophy and Meditation

In Buddhism Ego is not even considered a good thing, that is a philosophy that offers a path of peace and inner harmony by fundamentally denying the ego, releasing the person of to be worry just about her or himself.

So how this lady that pretend to be an expert on Mindfulness can launch a crusade in defense of the affirmation of Ego, saying she is trying to preserve the individual self worth? She is completely deviated at all on serious Mindfulness teaching and practicing.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 7/17/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

Okay, that explains ot. I have no clue who that author is, a stroller I've never been in a Catholic, Angelican or Episcopalian Church service.

I have nothing to add to the thread then, carry on.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join