It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Lives Matter leader DEMANDS money from white people [SNIP]

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: UKTruth

But BLM do in fact exclude white people from some meetings*.

Women also hold meetings at which men are not permitted; this is to create a sense of safety so that they can bond. People who feel persecuted tend to do that, you know. I'm quite positive the early Christians in Rome did the same thing.

*Emphasis mine. --DJW001

I see, so white only meetings is fine too then, right?
How do you think I would get on if I set up a meeting at my local town hall and said whites-only on the invite?
This woman is saying that whites are not welcome and BLM have several statements and positions that call for black only meetings.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
a reply to: DJW001

The article you posted is not the same article as OP has posted.

Why are you trying to twist the story?

This is not right.

Th article I linked to is the original source that Infowars quoted. Infowars has deliberately distorted it; it is they who have twisted the story. You should try following the links in a story to confirm it before you start to swallow it.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

This is not right.

Th article I linked to is the original source that Infowars quoted. Infowars has deliberately distorted it; it is they who have twisted the story. You should try following the links in a story to confirm it before you start to swallow it.

Infowars did not misquote the black lady.....but you are sure trying to!

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

So you still haven't addressed my point:

Ashleigh seems to think that the way we solve all this trouble is simply for whites to give stuff to blacks. I guess her rationale is that racism has prevented blacks from getting that stuff for themselves.

But if blacks are simply given stuff ... how does that solve the underlying issues Ashleigh perceives? Is she simply wanting whites to have to give blacks whatever they want forever? Is this a one-time thing?

Obviously, the former is ridiculous. And the latter isn't going to work either as it does not address the perceived problem of racism keeping blacks from obtaining stuff.

So what exactly is Ashleigh's thought process here?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

It used to be that way, you know. There are still some clubs that are segregated in practice if not in print. The theory is that a group in power can retain their privilege by excluding other groups from associating with them. This is why country clubs, fraternities, and so forth have been officially desegregated. On the other hand, there is nothing that someone who already has power and privilege to gain by associating with members of an "out group," so disempowered and disadvantaged groups are allowed to exclude them in order to create a "safe space." Incidentally, this is guaranteed by the Bill of Rights as "freedom of association," and has been upheld by the Supreme Court.

How do you think I would get on if I set up a meeting at my local town hall and said whites-only on the invite?

That would depend on the nature of the meeting, wouldn't it?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Probably this

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There is no thought process; it was an emotional rant.

link   
Mean while, as a white guy I can't afford a laptop or land either

We're all slaves, here.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Critical race theory advocate I see.

Everyone has freedom of association except a group you think is too powerful, but that's kind of discriminatory isn't it?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

This is not right.

They did not misquote her, they misrepresented her. She is not a "BLM leader" and her rant is not a statement of BLM policy.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Critical race theory advocate I see.

Everyone has freedom of association except a group you think is too powerful, but that's kind of discriminatory isn't it?

Not me; the Supreme Court. Sorry, if you don't like America you can always move.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

so disempowered and disadvantaged

So much so that a black man became President. Damn "Racist America".

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

There is no thought process; it was an emotional rant.

And that is the problem isn't it? Groups like BLM come up with emotional rants, mistake it for actual deep thought and launch entire movements around it.

You can't solve problems with emotion. You need to actually think about them with real logic in order to come up with actual solutions. I've seen precious little evidence that anyone in BLM and similar movements really does this. They all make emotional demands.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I want reparations for all the oxygen these idiots have wasted.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

This is not right.

They did not misquote her, they misrepresented her. She is not a "BLM leader" and her rant is not a statement of BLM policy.

You mean her RACIST rant, correct?

link   

originally posted by: Vector99

so disempowered and disadvantaged

So much so that a black man became President.

After the Civil Rights Act was enacted. Admit it: you would be happier if they brought back segregation.

link   

SCOTUS also told us that slavery was legal too.

9 people in black can and do get it wrong.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

It used to be that way, you know. There are still some clubs that are segregated in practice if not in print. The theory is that a group in power can retain their privilege by excluding other groups from associating with them. This is why country clubs, fraternities, and so forth have been officially desegregated. On the other hand, there is nothing that someone who already has power and privilege to gain by associating with members of an "out group," so disempowered and disadvantaged groups are allowed to exclude them in order to create a "safe space." Incidentally, this is guaranteed by the Bill of Rights as "freedom of association," and has been upheld by the Supreme Court.

That would depend on the nature of the meeting, wouldn't it?

Sounds like a double standard to me.
Let's keep it simple and avoid the clap trap.
Do you think whites should be allowed White-Only meetings as a protest discussion against black racism? If not, why do you think that blacks should be allowed to have Black-Only meetings to protest against white racism?
Keep in mind that in some communities whites are the minority.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Careful

Seeing some posts that are fixing to get this thread closed again, and left that way, along with actions against those posts.

If you can't post with out making accusations against other members, then most likely you should not be posting here at all.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

This is not right.

You mean her RACIST rant, correct?

Correct. Racists come in all colors, shapes, and sizes. I'm not going to pretend that her rant was not racist, why does Infowars twist it to look like it is official BLM policy? Doesn't that strike you as being racist?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join