It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Mysterious Object In Sky Over Texas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
A cameraman at a Tyler, Texas television station captured a strange "comet like" object shooting across the sky on Sunday evening. After showing the video to several people in the aviation field several possiblities were weighed out from space debris re-entering the atmosphere to an aircraft. The only real consensus was that they can't tell what it was.

www.kltv.com
Last night, we got calls into the newsroom from viewers saying they saw something that looked like a comet shooting though the sky. It turns out they weren't just seeing things. We were able to catch it on video.

Just after 6:00 p.m. Sunday evening, KLTV 7 photographer Jason Hewes captured a comet-like object that appeared for a few seconds, then just went away. We took the video to Tyler Aviation Training, where it attracted a crowd.

Mario McGee owns the school and spent 23 years in the Air Force.

"It could be several things," he said. "I've seen rockets making these kinds of maneuvers, but if it's just something up there burning up in space, than that could be it. Otherwise, I have no idea."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It's a pretty interesting video. I couldn't personally tell you what it is, but it looked more like something burning up in the atmosphere than any kind of contrail. This is incident will remain a mystery, I'm sure.

The video is in the link posted above.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
That is quite odd, and I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more attention on the boards yet!

Each theory presented has several holes in it. The distance of the height of the object arn't known, so it could just be an aircraft's exhaust reflecting light from the setting Sun. If it were something burning up in the atmosphere, then that would explain the high speed. Of course, if it were an aircraft and it were reletively close it would explain the high speed of the object as well.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I love how they were considering every theory (contrail, meteors, etc.) except one. I've spent alot of time staring at the skies in my life, and I consider myself to be quite familiar with contrails. While it is possible for an aircraft to have a "short" contrail like that, it just doesn't LOOK like a contrail. There characteristics are all wrong. The disappearing is weird too. I've never seen that happen. I suppose it's that a plane suddenly dived or climbed, but....

So, if it's not a contrail, then in their minds that leaves space debris. Problem is, space debris and meteors don't manuever.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
they're coming back for W!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Interesting video - to me it looks like somethng burning up as it falls, but I'm no expert.

I thought it was funny that the clip was preceed by an ad for a company offering vision correction. Maybe if I get their laser correction I'll be able to better see the object in the video LOL

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
due to that curve at the beginning it is not any meteor. But I am thinking it might be a type of rocket engine, or even a fighter pilot lighting the Burners. Personally I would have asked the nearest airport what was on that bearing at the time.

Tho I have to credit that reporter on doing a rather good job of asking some people who know aircraft.

new topics

top topics

join