It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philly airport workers vote to strike during the DNC

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Baggage handlers, wheelchair attendants, airplane cleaners, and other workers at Philadelphia International Airport voted overwhelmingly Tuesday to walk off their jobs in protest during the Democratic National Convention this month, according to a union that wants to organize them.

The workers are seeking better scheduling, clarity on sick pay, a more predictable disciplinary system, and to be able to unionize.

The vote, which took place at the airport, was 461-5 in favor of striking out of 500 on shift Tuesday participating. The workers, who number about 1,000, work for subcontractors hired by various airlines

Philly airport workers vote to strike during the DNC

Wow!

That's a message! They are only making 12$ an hour!!!!!!!!!!!!! No wonder everyone is so pee'd off in this country!

If there's one way to send a message to the establishment it's to not let them fly into their big convention during the DNC. I love it. I want more of this kind of organized resistance against the globalist.

The astrology of July is very heavy. I made a post recently about the RNC's astrology for July and there are other heavy influences throughout the month.

Rebellion is coming folks. Not violent but organized resistance to the global cabal. It began with the populace movements of Bernie Sanders and Trump and is continuing with the BRexit. Now that Sanders has totally stabbed his supporters in the back people are really starting to get the message.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
This is a great strategy. I bet they are going to get everything they asked for just to quickly end the strike under pressure from politicians.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

The dems are for unions why would they strike then?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I hope they follow through. Would send a crystal clear message that needs to be heard far and wide.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

The dems are for unions why would they strike then?

The Dems claim to be unions but the Dems shipped millions of high paying jobs overseas and bust the unions apart piece by piece.

Look here's my hand, meanwhile the gun is aimed at you under the table.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The workers are seeking better scheduling, clarity on sick pay, a more predictable disciplinary system, and to be able to unionize

From the sourced article. Wasn't a very long read.....

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
First off 12$/hr for an entry-level job is pretty damn good. I only get 16$/hr with a bachelors and I maintain, have very good working knowledge of, and sometimes have to operate lighting equipment of which some of is worth more than a few years of my salary. So I doubt they're striking over pay.

That being said that doesn't cut one bit of the grin off my face about the inconvenience they're causing those going to the DNC...now if only they could do this for the RNC too my day would be complete.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Where I'm from 12 an hour is pretty fair. I think the CoL in Philly is considerably higher however.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

First off 12$/hr for an entry-level job is pretty damn good. I only get 16$/hr with a bachelors and I maintain, have very good working knowledge of, and sometimes have to operate lighting equipment of which some of is worth more than a few years of my salary. So I doubt they're striking over pay.

Their both equally as crappy wages.

You deserve more and so do they period.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Where I'm from 12 an hour is pretty fair. I think the CoL in Philly is considerably higher however.

12 an hour isn't crap people.

Look at the metric for what that buys in today's world. News flash, it's nothing.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I won't argue your point, but for now, it is the average entry level range (where I'm from).

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

But we both know 16$ an hour really isn't crap. That's what I'm making in a skilled trade and I have to really budget to save money.

I should be making 27$ an hour but I don't want to join the carpenters union because we're trying to get our own refinishing company off the ground.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I make slightly more and every dollar is spent before the deposit hits. Your preaching to the choir. We budget and maybe go out every other month. She works around 40 hrs and I work almost 60.

I work in a skilled trade as well but there are minimal certificates and an associates degree that I could get if I were inclined but most work is commensurate on experience (CNC Machinist/Programmer).

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

No worries! For those who at least can get to my great state of PA our lawmakers were gracious enough to override our law to allow all the elite drinkers to drink past our usual last call of 2AM!

Shows you where our politicians priorities are when they temporarily change the laws to allow the politically elite to celebrate with booze past the allotted lawful time for their own citizens?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Ha, you thought you were special...peon. Laws are for YOU not them.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I make slightly more and every dollar is spent before the deposit hits. Your preaching to the choir. We budget and maybe go out every other month. She works around 40 hrs and I work almost 60.

I work in a skilled trade as well but there are minimal certificates and an associates degree that I could get if I were inclined but most work is commensurate on experience (CNC Machinist/Programmer).

Yeah i just did they for 3 weeks and i quit because everyone i was working with made less than 20 an hour.

At least with installing and refinish hardwood floors I can subcontract and hit 60k-80k a year.

The CNC job wasn't that bad but i just didn't meet anyone making more than 20 an hour.

link   
Far more peaceful and effective than Black Panthers with guns.

link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

No worries! For those who at least can get to my great state of PA our lawmakers were gracious enough to override our law to allow all the elite drinkers to drink past our usual last call of 2AM!

Shows you where our politicians priorities are when they temporarily change the laws to allow the politically elite to celebrate with booze past the allotted lawful time for their own citizens?

I'm in NorthEast PA.

Maybe I'll go to a DNC protest.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: RobotBomb
Far more peaceful and effective than Black Panthers with guns.

This isn't the state for that type of bs.

PA is the toughest state in the union our wrestling programs prove that every single year.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: seeker1963

I'm in NorthEast PA.

Maybe I'll go to a DNC protest.

I am at the western end. Beautiful country, quiet neighborhoods, jobs suck but damn dawg, you get out my way hit me up. You drink? lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join