It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are all the comic fans?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I'm still new to ATS/BTS. On the comics board only myself and one other person have been posting here since the start of the year.
Is the art form of comics dead?? I thought it was on the rise with all the comics book movies that have been out recently.

Where are the comic fans? Come out and post! Tell us your favorite comic or character.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I use to collect comics nearly 15 years ago and have no idea what has happened to the industry since then. I do know that e-bay has really killed the collectors value of everything as there is practically no difficulty in finding rare items any longer.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Okay i'm a comic fan, Right now i'm just collecting the graphic novels for Dc, (i got tired of have a million comics everywhere), I was a marvel fan for a while but i quit when the did avengers Disassembled! that entire story was a piece of trash. I wouldn't even wipe my butt with it. Have any of you read "wanted"?

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
I do know that e-bay has really killed the collectors value of everything

Yeah, that and in the 90's Marvel and DC over produced. There is virtually no rare books from the 90's.

Originally posted by bordnlazy...Right now i'm just collecting the graphic novels ...Have any of you read "wanted"?

I totally prefer to read graphic novels. Comic books seem too small. I can go through one while I'm on the toilet. I'm only collecting two comics right now Kabuki and Astonishing X-men..

Mark Millar's "Wanted" looks cool.I checked out a preview at topcow.com a while back. I've only read the stuff he's doing with Wolverine right now.
Mark Millar is the villain in the Electra movie

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I buy a few comics now and then( some graghic novels )
Usually I pick up Daredevil, Batman, JLA, and the odd X-men. In Canada the comics are way more expensive so that stops me from buying more...

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by potato boy
In Canada the comics are way more expensive so that stops me from buying more...

I hear ya. five bucks for a 20 something page comics with a bag and board is too much. When I was in high school I'd spend like $20 and get something like 7 comics. Now I might be able to get 4. Another reason to get the trade paperbacks.

Originally posted by bordnlazy
Have any of you read "wanted"?

There is a "Wanted" hard cover coming out.

new topics

top topics

join