It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NOW Possible Terrorist Attack Nice France

page: 71
<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

"Even Russian hasn't done what many thought they would and blast them back to the 8th century"

Give them a viable target and half a chance and i imagine that would happen rather sharpish.

Thats the point through they refuse to present a target of opportunity and wish to wage a cowardly war. But thats how its done when you face a superior opponent aka the western nations. Im not supporting there way of waging conflict just pointing out how guerilla war is fought.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Jonjonj

Yes. You are the problem. You look for any possible tangent to somehow disconnect this type of act from its root cause. This doesn't even need to be claimed in the name of their pathetic sky god, context tells us the motivation here.

The root cause would be mental instability, correct?

Plenty of Muslims out there that are not committing acts of terror. It seems like it's the crazy ones.

You are the problem. Shame on you.

Thanks mom. I don't think you are in a position to lecture me on anything, but thanks for trying. Here's your medal.

Good lord, of course its the crazy ones. We are not at war with Islam. We are at war with radical islamic terrorists.

I am interested what is radical and what is moderate actually, in Finland there is this young babyface imam Abbas Bahmanpour who tells that they are not radical and yet tells in tv that homosexuals have to die according to sharia law.

Radicals always say they are not radicals. his speech on killing gays tell his true nature.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

and yet for some reason islamic radicals have done just that (not nuke it mind you but bomb the crap out of it repeatedly)

en.wikipedia.org...

The Grand Mosque seizure occurred during November and December 1979 when extremist insurgents calling for the overthrow of the House of Saud took over Masjid al-Haram in Mecca, Saudi Arabia. The insurgents declared that the Mahdi (the "redeemer of Islam") had arrived in the form of one of their leaders – Mohammed Abdullah al-Qahtani – and called on Muslims to obey him. The seizure of Islam's holiest site, the taking of hostages from among the worshipers, and the deaths of hundreds of militants, security forces and hostages caught in crossfire in the ensuing battles for control of the site, all shocked the Islamic world. The siege ended two weeks after the takeover began and the mosque was cleared.[7] Following the attack, the Saudi state implemented a stricter enforcement of Islamic code.[8]

www.latimes.com... from this year

suicide bombing outside the mosque where the prophet Muhammad is buried in Medina, Saudi Arabia, rattled the global Muslim community Monday, proving that nothing — not even one of Islam’s holiest sites — is safe from terrorism. Four Saudi guards were killed and five others were wounded after the attacker detonated his explosive vest in the parking lot outside the Prophet’s Mosque, the Interior Ministry said. Inside the mosque, thousands of worshipers were gathered for sunset prayer on one of the last days of the holy month of Ramadan. Islamic State has not claimed responsibility for the attack, but the use of a suicide bomber and the proximity to a mosque indicate that the attack was carried out by someone who either had operational links to the militant group or was at least inspired by it, said Fahad Nazer, a non-resident fellow at the Arab Gulf States Institute in Washington, D.C.
so not like their holiest site hasent been lit up like a Christmas tree before but it seems to be only followers of the prophet who seem to do that so far at least

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Did the truck terrorist have an accomplice? Mystery over second man filmed being pinned to the floor by police before he is dragged away off camera 

Did the truck terrorist have an accomplice? Mystery over second man filmed being pinned to the floor by police before he is dragged away off camera 

Source

Yes It's Daily Mail

What do you think innocent bystander or something else? Photo and video at link

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Well, now I guess the thread has gone completely Right Wing nutter.

Yay another diversion from Introvert

Divert divert divert from the radical muslim terrorist.

Sorry, mission NOT accomplished.

As for Obama - it is now proven that he has put American lives at risk through pandering to radical islamic terrorists.
This latest attack is just another in a long line that will continue until there is a leader in the west woo will tackle the issue.

Funny. You conveniently passed over my post and went on to divert attention by invoking the name of Obama. Care to address it? Here it is again.

Yes, but your focus is on Islam. Do you also call Christians that kill innocent civilians and beat women/treat them like sex slaves terrorists or radicals?

What is even funnier is that you missed the point of my reply on page 68 and then went on to accuse me of glossing over it and diverting, all because you are too lazy to follow a thread and/or keep asking the same lame question that has already been answered

edit on 15/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

... the current measurements show that governments keep killing refugees massively by denying them a safe passage to claim asylum in Europe.

www.themigrantsfiles.com...

Civilised as we are, let's blaim Islam for a deranged truck-driver now! The end of western civilisation is neigh, ya know...

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

I am interested what is radical and what is moderate actually, in Finland there is this young babyface imam Abbas Bahmanpour who tells that they are not radical and yet tells in tv that homosexuals have to die according to sharia law.

That's because lying effectively is a badge of honor for these people.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Well, now I guess the thread has gone completely Right Wing nutter.

Yay another diversion from Introvert

Divert divert divert from the radical muslim terrorist.

Sorry, mission NOT accomplished.

As for Obama - it is now proven that he has put American lives at risk through pandering to radical islamic terrorists.
This latest attack is just another in a long line that will continue until there is a leader in the west woo will tackle the issue.

Funny. You conveniently passed over my post and went on to divert attention by invoking the name of Obama. Care to address it? Here it is again.

Yes, but your focus is on Islam. Do you also call Christians that kill innocent civilians and beat women/treat them like sex slaves terrorists or radicals?

What is even funnier is that you missed my reply on page 68 and then went on to accuse me of glossing over it and diverting, all because you are too lazy to follow a thread.

Here is a link to my post. www.abovetopsecret.com...

You did not respond to that post on page 68.

Please link to your post on page 68 that responded to my particular question.

Hint: It doesn't exist.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: misfit312

I suppose the fellow could have been trying to intervene and apprehend the mad bastard responsible on his own and Police stopped him.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I just dont get this anymore.

I have spent quite a lot of my life since 9/11 researching terrorism, why they do what they do and while i would never condone any acts of terror most of the time I can see their twisted logic and justification.

But now, now I don't know, I cannot understand how anyone could justify this, how any ideology could say that this is a "just act".

Driving a truck into a group of people hanging out with their kids is incomprehensible, it cannot have any political motive or any religious motive as such one can only say that it must be the result of pure hate and evil.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

What "people"? Do us a favour and stop talking when you have no idea about the subject.

As for this asshole who killed these people:

Look how much of a "role model" "muslim" he was:

According to all people that knew him, he never attended a mosque, he did not pray, he drank alcohol, ate pork, had out.of-wedlock relations with women, took drugs and basically intentionally broke every rule of Islam.

He was as much a "muslim" as any other non-muslim criminal, or as he is being described by people who knew him "he was not a muslim but garbage".

edit on 15/7/2016 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It truly boggles the mind, doesn't it. I think that particular religion, or a faction of it, causes mental illness. I believe, imo, that religious fanaticism is a psychological illness. Then when you add the element of a culture/religion/political ideology/legal system/theocracy, you get more than mental illness. You get evil.

edit on 15-7-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
ooops, wrong thread.
edit on 15-7-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: sHuRuLuNi

What "people"? Do us a favour and stop talking when you have no idea about the subject.

According to all people that knew him, he never attended a mosque, he did not pray, he drank alcohol, ate pork, had out.of-wedlock relations with women, took drugs and basically intentionally broke every rule of Islam.

He was as much a "muslim" as any other non-muslim criminal, or as he is being described by people who knew him "he was not a muslim but garbage".

Actually that is according to some news outlets. The French President has already officially announced this was islamic terrorism. I guess we are all free to choose the source and information we put most faith in.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: misfit312

Source

Yes It's Daily Mail

What do you think innocent bystander or something else? Photo and video at link

I hope he wasn't a victim who was mistaken for a accomplice.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted, but apparently a motorcyclist lost his life trying to jump onto the vehicle just before it plowed into the crowd. It is thought he was trying to stop the truck driver.

link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I understand what you are saying but I think when we blame mental health and religion we ignore deeper motivations. This guy does not sound like he was particularly religious and really ISIS is very much like its forerunner, Al-Qa'ida in that its go behond being a group but is essentially a ideology unto itself so firstly i think its very important to understand that and to make that distinction. These people do not act because of a Muslim ideology but rather are driven by i a ISIS (or Al-Qa'ida) Ideology.

Now I also think that when you blame mental health you also fall into a bit of a problem, I work with people with mental health problems and none of them have ever acted violently because of their mental health. Having a mental health problem does not necessary mean you have any less of a moral drive for right and wrong than any other individual. To say "he was depressed" that is why he done what he done its totally wrong, he done what he done because he is a bad guy most people who are depressed (or suffer any other mental illness) are not going to to drive into a crowd of innocent people. 1 in 4 people will have a mental illness at one point in their lives, to blame incidents like this on mental health in my view is wrong and only adds to the stigma of mental health.

link   

I cannot understand how anyone could justify this, how any ideology could say that this is a "just act".

Look at the victims of our War on Terror and you'll get a glimpse on the scope of madness involved with this sort of activism.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: sHuRuLuNi

Yes. People don't want to admit that you're right, but you are.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

I cannot understand how anyone could justify this, how any ideology could say that this is a "just act".

Look at the victims of our War on Terror and you'll get a glimpse on the scope of madness involved with this sort of activism.

Sorry but to me some moron dropping a bomb on a school in Iraq to me does not justify then driving a truck into a crowd.

In fact ISIS are killing way more Muslims in Muslim states than are being killed by western operations to combat terrorism.

the ISIS Ideology is one of pure hate I could understand this if they blew up a barracks or gunned down a gang of police officers.

The kids this guy has killed had nothing to do with the war on terror.

new topics

top topics

<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join