It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NOW Possible Terrorist Attack Nice France

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The authorities are still withholding this attackers name. It must be because next-of-kin haven't been notified yet.

Or they are letting speculation run its course, most have decided already this was a muslim attack inspired by isis, if they wait long enough and then release the information it will make little difference as the majority apparently know it all already

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The authorities are still withholding this attackers name. It must be because next-of-kin haven't been notified yet.

Or they are letting speculation run its course, most have decided already this was a muslim attack inspired by isis, if they wait long enough and then release the information it will make little difference as the majority apparently know it all already

Sky news announced the name around one am, I can't remember what it was, but I'd definitely sounded islamic rather than French.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Sky news announced the name around one am, I can't remember what it was, but I'd definitely sounded islamic rather than French.

AS usual the media are jumping to conclusions long before any actual facts have been released, much like building 7 falling an hour or so before it actually did

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   
How much worse should it happen in Europe to turn to get better? That is not the first terrorist attack. Unimaginable wave of migrants never seen in history. Unemployment of the young and educated generation in a number of countries who listed among world top 10 in year 2000. Britain exit from the EU, with popular sentiments in a number of other big and smaller EU countries practically the same. What more should happen before change the things? Should we wait for aliens, as Junker said he knew some alien leaders? If that fix the problem, let it be done then! The slow and painful death we are living now, or should I say, hell on earth, is NOT AN OPTION anyway.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

What happened to the days where we were ashamed of having internment camps.

That's a very good question. There doesn't seem to be a great deal of difference, morally, between forced expulsion and internment camps.

Though, historically, Europe does have a history of both. As does the United States, before anyone decides to bring it up...so it's not all that surprising that people might think this is, somehow, a good idea. It's certainly an idea, just not a good one.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
We need to ban trucks or atleast make sure they're registered. Australia banned trucks 20 years ago and noone there has driven into a crowd since. We need comprehensive truck cruise controls, our current cruise controls aren't working.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: fotsyfots
I may have missed it......but was the windscreen bulletproofed ? Or were they shooting spud guns at it ?

No, there are holes in it but not in the driver's side.

Looks like all were aimed at the passenger.

Odd.

The driver more then likely tilted himself to his right as far as possible (towards the passenger side) when being shot at and he more then likely saw it coming in order to keep driving for as long as he could.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

So, what's your idea? Forced expulsion sounds a hell of a lot better than acquiescence or extermination. I'd choose the latter over the former 100 times out of 100 if expulsion isn't an option.
edit on 15-7-2016 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

AS usual the media are jumping to conclusions long before any actual facts have been released, much like building 7 falling an hour or so before it actually did

I don't think they made it up.
If the bloke turns out to be called Jean Phillipe then I'll eat my hat.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Owh please ...

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

Everyone except you....

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

What happened to the days where we were ashamed of having internment camps.

A bunch of people got killed by assailants having planes slammed into buildings, trains blown up, shootings, stabbings, and now vehicular homicides.

The assailants rejoiced in their status as outsiders--they saw themselves as superior to their victims. And so our society is slowly coming around to the idea that the best identifier is exactly their own outsider status.
edit on 15/7/2016 by redempsh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: jefwane

Here ya go.

As to whether it a good idea, I leave that to you.

Forced expulsion just drives more into the hands of the jihadists, IMHO. Which just causes more issues at a later date.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

Or the shots came from that side at a more acute angle, and hit the passenger side. Rather than straight on.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: aaAlex

a reply to: skywatcher44

That was a bullet-proof windshield? At first glance, it looked like the police were bad shots, but then it occurred to me that in France, the driver probably sits on the opposite side of where we sit in America.

France drives on the same side. The UK is the only country in Europe that drives on the left.

Thank-you for that information, aaAlex. Then I wonder why the PASSENGER side of the truck's windshield took most of the bullets? That's strange.

Not really that strange at all imo. As i posted above already. What would you do if you are in a car or a truck and you are being fired upon head on? Think about it. You will start leaning into and down towards the only free space you have in there and that would be towards the passanger side and he most deffinatly saw it comming with a group of police vehicles approaching him so he more then likey started leaning in and down towards his right which is where their target then would be at the time they started firing.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus obviously instruction... PS here it that's missed
or the highest professionalism?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Or that but i suspect they were at a more straight on angle when they started firing. One thing i am certain of is that when you are in a vehicle and you are being fired upon is that you will move into and and down the only free space you have open to yourself.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

That was a bullet-proof windshield? At first glance, it looked like the police were bad shots, but then it occurred to me that in France, the driver probably sits on the opposite side of where we sit in America.

France drives on the same side. The UK is the only country in Europe that drives on the left.

Thank-you for that information, aaAlex. Then I wonder why the PASSENGER side of the truck's windshield took most of the bullets? That's strange.

Not really that strange at all imo. As i posted above already. What would you do if you are in a car or a truck and you are being fired upon head on? Think about it. You will start leaning into and down towards the only free space you have in there and that would be towards the passanger side and he most deffinatly saw it comming with a group of police vehicles approaching him so he more then likey started leaning in and down towards his right which is where their target then would be at the time they started firing.

You also have to consider the cops on the ground. They are likely to edge to the pavement rather than stand in the road directly in front of a truck.

To hit the driver, the shots would be hitting the screen at an angle from the passenger side.
edit on 19pFri, 15 Jul 2016 02:11:19 -050020162016-07-15T02:11:19-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

You also have to consider the cops on the ground. They are likely to edge to the pavement rather than stand in the road directly in front of a truck.

To hit the driver, the shots would be hitting the screen at an angle from the passenger side.

I concur.

Both explanations could even apply.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

Here are some links to Live Leak video footage. We live in Germany, and I'm just thankful we didn't go.

WARNING* AFTERMATH *VERY GRAPHIC FOOTAGE* www.liveleak.com...

Here is a video of the truck accelerating into the crowd: www.liveleak.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join