It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NOW Possible Terrorist Attack Nice France

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: seentoomuch
a reply to: bknapple32

They could reapply and easily get references from French citizens

And no doubt the French would give them those references. It's much like America. Freedom of religion with no boundaries even if that religion requires them to kill non-believers. And yet we still send American troops to fight and take an oath to defend the nation, and yet the legislature continues to allow this religion to practice.

Troops must swear an oath to protect the nation while the legislature is guilty of desertion.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Off topic. Wasn't rude to you Zazzafrazz.
-----

Anyone have any actual reports on the weapons and explosives in the truck? Also were they in the back? I'm trying to keep up and also pretend to be an adult and get stuff done.

Any news about the reports that said people hopped out of the back? I was watching The Purge 2 last night and they had some dude riding around in the back of a semi with a mini gun. I'm a little creeped out.

It's seems like there's a lot of conflicting information (which should be expected), but was there more than one gunman?

So we have a 31 year old guy identified from papers he had in the truck? At first I thought that was super sketchy, but it actually makes a lot of sense. If he was pulled over on the way to his destination things could go a lot smoother if he had all the right paperwork.

It seems pretty clear that the truck was shot from the pictures of the front window. Anything verifiable about the driver shooting? Witnesses are super unreliable (understandably) so something a little more substantial than someone who just witnessed something terrible?

-----

I feel like a selfish asshole for saying this, but I'm a little tore up about this. I don't know if it's mental fatigue from reading about all the recent BS, the video of innocent people run over by a truck or what really, but F I just want to go hug those people. Reading that there were kids got me, I was hoping it was too late or something for kids to be out. I'm not even mad yet, I'm just heartbroken.
edit on 1420160720161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
This in and of itself was not an intended terrorist attack, it became one. The driver, the truck, and the weapons being transported were most certainly linked to terrorism.

This probably began as a stop and search, and quickly escalated into the appalling event it became. The driver, realising he had no avenue for reasonable escape, simply turned the stop and search into a suicide mission, and sought to cause as much death as possible. He could not allow himself to be taken alive due to the information of the terrorist network he carried in his head. So he attacked that which he had been radicalised against.

(post by Miracula2 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

I'm sorry. I don't care how many stars someone gets. Calling for a mass deportation of every ethnicity from a middle eastern country is xenophobia at its finest. What do you think will happen when you kick them out ?

They'll just come back begging for democracy. Sure -most. But you just created a whole new pool of people waiting to be radicalized.

Hate creates hate

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
What do you think will happen when you kick them out ?

That'll never happen. In order for that level of action to occur the French president's life would have to be in danger or the legislature. As long as the [snipped] target commoners and not the elite forced expulsion will not occur.
edit on 7.15.2016 by Kandinsky because: Snipped comment: contact staff for details

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Why are talking heads on TV discussing whether or not this was a TERRORIST attack? If my neighbor takes his RV and runs down a bunch of people at a parade, isn't that an attack of terror... a terrorist attack?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

We'll be safer. I don't advocate for kicking them out necessarily, but I certainly don't want any more immigrants from Muslim countries.

No more single young men.

Don't import people from war torn countries that hate your country and culture and expect them not to radicalize. If you can't tell who's coming in, you also can't tell if they're already radicalized.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

But they won't be in France. They'll be in the ME and Northern Africa. This method was a common consensus of France when I lived there in the 90's. It's not my idea but I agree with it after seeing the carnage first hand. Even just the threat of deporting them all would clean up a lot of the mess. It did back then for awhile.

STM

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

And when you guys ban single young men. They'll train married old women.

This is nuts. More than one of you is for the mass deportation of ALL middle eastern residents, immigrants and all? Even the ones born on the soil? Even if their parents were born on the soil?
edit on 14-7-2016 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Yes. Have you lived in France?

STM

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Why are talking heads on TV discussing whether or not this was a TERRORIST attack?

In order to come in line with the legislature's lack of action. Exhibit the same level absence of logic. These people's religion requires them to kill, so let's as legislative representatives of our people allow them to remain and continue to immigrate and try to pretend that were not guilty of the blood of children in the street that get run over by grenade filled trucks.

Because. It's more important not to offend a few mild mannered [snipped] than it is to protect French lives by grouping all space rock worshipping heathens into the same group and expelling them no matter how peaceful they appear.
edit on 7.15.2016 by Kandinsky because: Snipped comment: contact staff for details

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Living in France or not has absolutely no bearing on this.

Anyone who thinks the answer is to take law abiding citizens out of their homes, because they belong to a certain race or religion is the end of the free world as we know it.

Just keep giving in to fear I guess...

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Drudge is saying 80 are now dead. Pretty good odds 80 to 1 for those who want to kill infidels. The perp was Tunisian.
sputniknews.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
They are saying the truck was full of toy guns and inactive grenades.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Just the threat of it quieted down a lot of the Killing back then, A Lot. Seems like a really good idea to me right now. And if the attacks don't stop it should go forward for France's sake.

STM

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

More than one of you is for the mass deportation of ALL middle eastern residents, immigrants and all? Even the ones born on the soil? Even if their parents were born on the soil?

Do you need help with the word immigrant?

Did you miss the part where I said I didn't advocate for kicking people out necessarily, but blocking access?

So while I do think we would be much safer if we deported all Muslims (especially for EU countries), I don't agree with it.

You asked:

And I believe Western countries would be safer and better off. That doesn't mean I AGREE with deporting ALL Muslims. It would work, but it's using a sledgehammer to drive a nail. Too much.

No more immigrants unless they have real documentation that can be verified, no more single males, no more letting people claim they're under 18 and get away with crimes.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: seentoomuch

Just the threat of it quieted down a lot of the Killing back then, A Lot. Seems like a really good idea to me right now. And if the attacks don't stop it should go forward for France's sake.

STM

Well then you're living the the very definition of backwards thinking.

If anyone honestly thinks that an official ban and deportation of all middle easterners from a country like France or the USA is a good thing.....

You'll realize you're wrong when they're plastering it on their recruitment videos all over the Internet. Probably waiting with open arms to indoctrinate them into radical Islam upon their arrival from being banned for their religion.

What's left after you've had your entire life stripped away but fight the jihad?

Asinine short term thinking. Thank goodness France never did this. And the argument that "it worked to scare people" is so invalid on so many levels. For one. Prove it.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Latest sky report that there was one inactive grenade and a number of FAKE rifles found in the truck ?
Also the police found French / Tunisian documents within the cab ? ( French man Aged 31 Tunisian Origin. )
A pistol was fired by the driver before he was killed ?

We have to remember this was ONE crazy scumbag and he has been killed. He may well be a French National ?
All these rantings about Muslims and Refugees need to be reflected against the bare honest facts when they materialize..

Sadness for those effected, children and adults of all creeds just living life..
edit on 14 7 2016 by skywatcher44 because: ?

edit on 14 7 2016 by skywatcher44 because: 31

edit on 15 7 2016 by skywatcher44 because: Added

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
This in and of itself was not an intended terrorist attack, it became one. The driver, the truck, and the weapons being transported were most certainly linked to terrorism.

This probably began as a stop and search, and quickly escalated into the appalling event it became. The driver, realising he had no avenue for reasonable escape, simply turned the stop and search into a suicide mission, and sought to cause as much death as possible. He could not allow himself to be taken alive due to the information of the terrorist network he carried in his head. So he attacked that which he had been radicalised against.

This makes no sense. Why would a terrorist choose the absolute, most populated and policed part of the city, in a hugely conspicuous white van, on the busiest night of the year, Bastille day, if he wanted to move around quietly?

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join