It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NOW Possible Terrorist Attack Nice France

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

edit on 14-7-2016 by zazzafrazz because: no point.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I wonder how these guys seem to get better and better equipped.Lucky break for Le Pen is it not? Low tech,well planned out attacks.While the security agencies are looking the other way.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle
Maybe I'm just antsy,but why haven't they released the name of the terrorist?

That IS odd. They will release it soon, I'm sure.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: bknapple32

Car bombing were the original signature by al queda in Iraq

Box cutters,suicide vests,suicide boats, and suicide trucks,and suicide planes were AQ's 'Signature'.

9-11,USS Cole,Embassy bombings,The First World Trade Center Attack to name a few.

I'm not sure what's stopping us from seeing eye to eye here. We both obviously know the subject. I'm referring to zaqarwis instruction manual introducing car bombings as a strategic attack. I'm saying aq was the first to use it. Not that it was the first tactic they used
edit on 14-7-2016 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

I think you misunderstand me.Leaving the M.E. may look like capitulation,but they would all gang up and take out Saudia Arabia and then each other.All these migrants would flock back "home" in order to assure that their "brand" of Islam wins out.As I stated in my previous post,unless you plan on going "all-in"(ground troops), we won't win.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It will because Isis is propaganda, it's an example used by the recruiters in Europe and its a training ground, the great majority of radicals are locals that get fed the propaganda of Isis.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Well if you really want to get technical here.

The 1983 Beirut barracks bombings were terrorist attacks that occurred on October 23, 1983, in Beirut, Lebanon, during the Lebanese Civil War when two truck bombs struck separate buildings housing United States and French military forces—members of the Multinational Force in Lebanon (MNF)—killing 241 U.S. and 58 French servicemen, six civilians, and the two suicide bombers. An obscure group calling itself 'Islamic Jihad' claimed responsibility for the bombings and that the bombings were aimed to get the MNF out of Lebanon.[

en.wikipedia.org...

So no AQ wasn't the first.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Jonjonj

Concrete barriers will need to be brought in and set up before outside celebrations, going forward. Maybe in all countries, now that this one guy has planted a seed in the minds of radicals and nut-jobs everywhere.

Like the K-Rail barriers around DC and military base approaches now? I think they also have concrete baffles around arena venues too.

That is what will have to be done if there is another attack like this. It's expensive to put a corral around a space that protects 90,000 people. That's how many folks were lining the beach watching fireworks in Nice.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I left off reading at page 33. Gut wrenched, sickened my first reaction brings me back to the Algerian attacks in Paris in the mid-nineties . . . . I was there, saw the victims on stretchers, my husband and I helped until more help arrived, the St. Michel bombings. . . .

The authorities at that time, after the bombings proposed that all immigrants even French residents from ME, African countries and their children should be sent back to their originating countries and reapply for entrance to France. They were to acquire written references from French citizens of French origins stating that they were not a threat and that they would obey the laws of France.

Once they were admitted they would not be approved until they had psychological tests and passed them all. Once they passed these hurdles they would be admitted and thereafter if any of their family committed any crime they and their family would be deported and the French citizens who had vouched for them would be put in jail for the sentence of the crime the immigrants had committed.

It did not pass, barely. Personally after seeing first hand I agree with this method. They should revisit it.

If they had done this then, this would not be happening now.

STM

ETA: At the very least just putting this up for a vote would force the people to turn in all the jihadists and their helpers.
edit on 14-7-2016 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

There's so much I could say, which when I first mentioned it I figured people remembered, that if someone wants to make a new thread about it I'll chime in.

I tend to focus on origins as routes of correction, where now I dont see one anymore, is what drove me to bring this stuff up.

Lets get back to news here.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Well if you really want to get technical here.

The 1983 Beirut barracks bombings were terrorist attacks that occurred on October 23, 1983, in Beirut, Lebanon, during the Lebanese Civil War when two truck bombs struck separate buildings housing United States and French military forces—members of the Multinational Force in Lebanon (MNF)—killing 241 U.S. and 58 French servicemen, six civilians, and the two suicide bombers. An obscure group calling itself 'Islamic Jihad' claimed responsibility for the bombings and that the bombings were aimed to get the MNF out of Lebanon.[

en.wikipedia.org...

So no AQ wasn't the first.

Ok getting really technical on me. No doubt then, they weren't the first. But safe to say aq(Isis) leads the pack in car bombings. Even safer that attack probably instilled confidence in zaqarwi that it was an effective tactic. And id still call it their original signature when it comes to Isis invoking it(seeing as they are technically the same group)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

What does this argue? Forgive me if I reserve judgement to an Alex jones snippet. Either way what's the point? That anyone can pretend to be aq? I agree

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Can we even take a moment to absorb what's happened before we have to defend ourselves from each other? I guess not.

Stop it! Just fking stop it already. It has nothing to do with being PC or too sensitive or being afraid to hurt anyone's feelings. We are not going back to those days, what is hard to understand about this? We are not going back to internment camps and genocide. Why? Because we know it's wrong.

It was wrong to lock up Japanese citizens... just in case. It was wrong for Hitler to lock up and gas the Jewish. You all look at Muslims, don't correct me to Islam either you are not fooling anyone, like Nazi Germany looked at Jews. This is the unsaid "do what it takes"... beating around the bush does not protect you from whatever it is you think you are hiding it from.

And if that is the road you want to walk, you are as much the enemy as the radical Islamists, the radical terrorist whatever because you aren't interested in protecting freedom, you are only interested in protecting a world that is only free for you. You make me absolutely sick.

Inspiring words but what's your solution to the problem?
edit on 14-7-2016 by BubbaDole because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
There was an interview with Bashar Al Assad on the western news today.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

I'm sorry are you suggesting that France should consider deporting all immigrants?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Yes, all from ME and if I recall correctly Northern African countries. They could reapply and easily get references from French citizens if they had assimilated into the culture. And just putting it up for a vote would give them the backbone to turn in the jihadists that they had been too scared to deal with. It's not perfect, but there's no choice at this point. It's not guns, it's not bombs, it's just the threat of having them deported.

STM

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I think I'll go to bed and pretend today didn't happen. Problem is it will be all over the internet and news when I wake up. And tomorrow is Anonymous Days of Rage. When will this end?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Maybe France is withholding the name of this terrorist until next-of-kin are notified. France may be like the USA, in that you're treated as being innocent, until legally found guilty.

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join