It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NOW Possible Terrorist Attack Nice France

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Dutch sources say ISIS claimed responsibility.

Could you please provide a link ?

I'll have to search...It was reported several times earlier in this thread.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

A Nice 31 years of Tunisian origin was driving the truck that claimed over 70 people on the Prom in Nice on Thursday night.

source

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

French TV channel iTele reported one gunman believed to be one of two terrorists had "holed up in a nice restaurant downtown" but was then "neutralized" by police.

www.express.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

We have got to leave the Middle East entirely.It's over.They will eventually start fighting and killing each other.It's horrific to say that,I know.But I do not see any other solution.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I am now hearing about a french Citizen from Tunisia.

yep same, sky news

Far out the world has gone mad, my mother lives in Nice hopefully i can get a hold of her soon and find out some local knowledge

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle
Unfortunately they've been fighting an killing Muslims in the Middle East for some time now.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Local media reporting driver was a Nice resident of Tunisian origin.

Unconfirmed reports say ISIS has claimed responsibilty.
Local media are reporting that the killer is a Nice resident of Tunisian origin.
The Paris prosecutor's office has opened a terrorism investigation.

www.dailystar.co.uk...
edit on 14-7-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
As in Berlin Germany? Any link or anything? Surprised no one has commented on this yet

link   
How Tunisia Became a Top Source of ISIS Recruits

TUNIS, Tunisia—The cradle of the Arab Spring, Tunisia remains the freest Arab democracy. It has one of the region’s most developed economies and highest literacy rates. And it is also by far the largest source of foreign fighters heading to join Islamic State in Syria and Iraq.

link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I am now hearing about a french Citizen from Tunisia.

yep same, sky news

Far out the world has gone mad, my mother lives in Nice hopefully i can get a hold of her soon and find out some local knowledge

I hope you reach her

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
At some point, those who are "known to security services" would surely need to be detained. I am talking about those who are clearly suspected of terrorist affiliations. We can't just keep finding out, after the fact, that they were "known to security services".

My opinion, and debatable.

link   

originally posted by: onehuman
As in Berlin Germany? Any link or anything? Surprised no one has commented on this yet

Gen. Flynn on Kelly show just broke (20-30 min. ago) that he was privy to chatter about Berlin Germany under terror attack warning.

link   
a reply to: bknapple32

I do realize that.However,anything short of a massive ground campaign will not work.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If they've got the stomach to share graphic footage of dead and dying human beings all over the internet, they should definitely be able to stomach everything else too.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yes I read the country's background, beautiful country, but they have their own internal struggles too. Interesting.

edit on 14-7-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
THE DRIVER:

The driver of the truck that killed at least 80 people in Nice on Thursday evening was a 31-year-old resident born in Tunisia, according to French newspaper Nice Matin.

sputniknews.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Hollande is speaking.

Right now.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

on the tv news...french president is about to speak

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
"The truck driver was said to have shouted 'Allahu Akbar'— God is greatest — before being shot dead by police."

Identity documents belonging to a 31-year-old French Tunisian were found in the truck according to security sources.

The source said: 'The identification of the truck driver is still underway.' The recovered documents indicate the man is a resident of Nice.

One eyewitness described seeing 'bodies flying like bowling pins' and 'hearing noises, cries that I will never forget' as the horror unfolded on a busy promenade at around 10.30pm last night.

The truck driver was said to have shouted 'Allahu Akbar' — God is greatest — before being shot dead by police. Pro-ISIS groups have been celebrating the attack but as yet the terror group has not officially claimed responsibility.

Guns and grenades were later found inside the truck, which mounted the pavement at approximately 40mph and steered directly towards hundreds of people watching a fireworks display.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join