It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NOW Possible Terrorist Attack Nice France

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
2 MIN. Quick video of "Nice attack: what we know so far on terrible truck attack during Bastille Day celebration" from France 24 News (English)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
HRC on O'Reilly

O'Reilly says we should go into Raka and take out their headquarters since it's only 35 miles across the Turkish border and Turkey is one of our NATO allies.

HRC says she wouldn't do that.

Priceless

edit on 14-7-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: whatsup86

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Please watch this tribute by a Frenchman to his wife - killed in Bataclan, Paris during the terrorist attack some time ago.

Very powerful message to all terrorists - to all people.

This went viral, and you will understand why in the next 3 minutes.

No offense, but do you really think they care. All they see is an easy target ripe for the taking.

Not hating them makes you an easy target?

Meanwhile you only drive good muslims into Isis open arms with your blind hate. So thanks for helping isis. Nuke em you say? You really are as bad as them or at least as ignorant if you think that solves anything. Really disgusting.

You have said that most concisely. What you say is true.

link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Mecca during the peak of hajj.

And the good thing is there would be no innocent victims, since muslim bigots do not allow non-muslims into mecca.

Tears came to my eyes when I read that, because it's Pure Evil. I've never read anything so evil.
*snip*

edit on 7/14/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

link   
In response to the silly religion arguments....

God created every human and loves every human. Doesn't matter what your children "believes". Hopefully, You'll still love them. Since we all have God's love, it doesn't matter what other people think of you. God trumps people.
edit on 7/14/2016 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

Haven't you heard of Ramadi?

It's not an easy or small operation.

Many many many people will die.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
How quickly "all lives matter" is thrown out the window by some.

link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: In4ormant

Haven't you heard of Ramadi?

It's not an easy or small operation.

Many many many people will die.

How many?
75?
77?

link   
a reply to: marg6043

Marg, we've been reading each other posts for a long time now. When have I ever said, or even implied that? Over the past ten years on ATS my views have moderated some from the over the top hawk that I once was.

Islamic terrorism is a danger. I've never disputed that. Nor will I ever. We've fought, technically, three wars in the ME since 2001. Afghanistan, and Iraq twice. I got to watch in person a young man I'd known since he was knee high on me come home in a flag-draped coffin from the mountains of Afghanistan. I really don't want to see that again, thank you. But I also know that we have to protect ourselves...but lashing out in vengeance isn't the answer.

Lashing out will certainly sooth our tempers, but won't solve a damned thing.

It's said that vengeance is a dish best served cold...

Put away the temper, it does no good. Find them, not just some of them, all of them...locate them, then send in some guys that are really good at killing, and kill them. Make no secret that we're coming for them, let them feel it, and wait, wait 'til they're thinking they're safe again...then kill them.

Make no public announcements. No heat. No brag. Just cold, calculated death. Send a message, attack us again, it gets worse from here. No innocents, if at all possible. That means no drones. No B-52's. No planes of any sort. Men, and women, SAS, Seals, French Para's/Foreign Legion, etc... In. Out.

Anger, no matter how righteous, only breeds more, and makes us just like them.

Whether justified or not, these attacks are anger. In replying, we can't be angry. Or if we are, and admittedly it's tough not to be, angry make it a cold anger. Cold anger allows us to think, then act.

Tanks, and mechanized infantry have no place here, now. Nor do aircraft carriers save as a launching spot for the specops guys. The bad guys need to see that we'll, in the shapes of those specops, come for them with the sword and the knife, in the dark with not a hint of fair play. But no innocents will be harmed--that can not be emphasized enough.

That is the defining difference between us and them.

It's time and past to put this to bed, but the old tactics of armies on the ground don't work in this war. This is shadow war, boys and girls, it's ideology driven.

They murder innocents out for a day of fun in Paris, or Brussels. Or just another work day in New York. We? We locate the leaders, the training camps, we send in our professional soldiers and annihilate them in there beds. But their children and wives are not harmed--save by accident. ...and those that are? We pay weregeld, and apologize.

We emphasize the differences between us, and them. Them? Collapsing skyscrapers and fires under the Eiffel Tower. Us? Dead criminals whose wives and children are safe from us. Clear definable differences.

We win, in the end.

That's what I'd do.

link   
Report: "Driver reportedly firing through window as he zig-zagged through the crowd at full speed."

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
If this is radical Islamic terrorism.

Don't feed the troll that is Isis. If you talk to a person of Muslim faith today. Give them a hug.

Isis wants us to hate Islam so they can recruit.

Hug someone. Honestly. That's how you wage war with an idea.

That's the wrong way to consider Islam entirely. They aren't attacking us because they don't feel loved. They are attacking us because it's a religious edict to do so. They are not joining ISIS because they haven't been given a cookie. In fact, immigrants have been given quite a lot. This is not an issue of racism. This is an issue of ideology and you don't get it.

Yes, show them a better way to live, but no, you can't stop a jihad with a hug. It's not that you don't accept them, it's that they do not accept you, because you aren't muslim.
edit on 14-7-2016 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This is Political Islam in action.
Europe and the USA would be wise to come to terms with what we are facing here.

Switzerland is about the only ones in Europe that seem concerned about saving their culture. Please note this is only from the past month and a half.

Muslim Boys at a Swiss School Must Shake Teachers’ Hands, Even Female Ones

When two Syrian immigrant brothers refused to shake their female teacher’s hand this year, it ignited national outrage in Switzerland.

This week, the authorities in the northern canton of Basel-Landschaft ruled that the students, who studied at a public school in the small town of Therwil, could not refuse to shake their teacher’s hand on religious grounds. They said that parents whose children refused to obey the longstanding tradition could be fined up to 5,000 Swiss francs, about $5,050.

Shaking a teacher’s hand before and after class is part of Switzerland’s social fabric, and is considered an important sign of politeness and respect.

Switz erland denies Muslim girls citizenship after they refuse to swim with boys at school

Switzerland has rejected citizenship requests from two Muslim girls for refusing to take part in swimming lessons with boys at school.

The 12- and 14-year-old will no longer be considered for naturalised citizenship because they have not complied with the school curriculum, authorities in Basel said.

The girls are understood to have refused to take part in school swimming lessons because boys were present and their religion forbade that form of interaction, according to USA Today. Their applications for Swiss passports have now been overturned.

Meanwhile, the father of two other girls who refused to let his daughters swim with boys was fined $4,000 swiss francs (around £2,900) by a district court in another part of the country.

Muslims face fines up to £8,000 for wearing burkas in Switzerland

A controversial Swiss law prohibiting Islamic dress has been used to fine a Muslim convert and a businessman, who protested the ban.

The rule, which came into effect in Ticino on Friday, was voted in by referendum and outlaws face-covering headgear.

Nora Illi and Rachid Nekkaz, who are prominent campaigners for the rights of Muslims, walked in the streets of Locarno in full Islamic dress soon after the rule was introduced.

link   

originally posted by: FamCore
2 MIN. Quick video of "Nice attack: what we know so far on terrible truck attack during Bastille Day celebration" from France 24 News (English)

DAMN!

That is almost the same truck I used to drive.

I'd take gun shots to that any day.

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
I drove a truck not unlike that one for some years. They dont accelerate too fast but once they get going there's no stopping them. After I left there the new guy plowed it doing about 50MPH into a line of stopped cars a a big red light. Totaled something like 10 cars, sent a motorcycle + guy flying like 50' thru the air. It was like 2 or 3 people in a coma for over a month (former employers $500,000 insurance policy was eaten up just by that part alone). I couldn't believe it when I saw the photos of the wreck scene later. They thought the guy was texting his girlfriend or something, early in the AM.

link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Please watch this tribute by a Frenchman to his wife - killed in Bataclan, Paris during the terrorist attack some time ago.

Very powerful message to all terrorists - to all people.

This went viral, and you will understand why in the next 3 minutes.

A touching video.

But I bet he would give almost anything to have never had to make it in the first place.

The innocent should be protected by any means necessary.

edit on 7/14/2016 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Smells more like a shattered mind jumping all over the place. You got an "arsenal", but prefer to make new speed bumps, and go for a shootout? That's not even planning at that point, it's batsheet thinking.

The claim of the semi being filled with weapons reeks of either overblown reporting, or BS reporting. Assuming the truck really was "filled" with explosives and weaponry, I'd be hard-pressed to not ask first if this was a legitimate shipment going somewhere legitimately expecting it. In that case, I'd be asking if the driver had a serious medical problem, and if he was wrongly shot out of anger? Man, that would be a sucktacular way to go. Have a stroke or something behind the wheel, accidentally kill a crowd of people because of it, only to die because everyone was too emotionally riled up to think straight, assumed the worst, & shot you instead of helping.

So aside from what I've been reading, not much of it REALLY answers anything. The news is not giving us much, out of any country. You'd think if it was that black & white, it would be indisputable malevolence with plenty of info proof already.

KGO first reported this story..they said...this is not some drunk hitting a few people or someone who lost control of a truck....they kept speeding up to continue hitting the people...it was obviously deliberate

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

There is no middle ground. Only the unimaginable ultimate which is a lie. Beautiful animal. Relax.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
"Murder and attempted murder by an organized group linked to terrorism"

That is the official investigative name at present.

Source Sky News reporting French authorities statement.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
ATTENTION!

It's a fast moving, hot-button topic regarding yet another tragic event. Stay on topic, refrain from personal slags or hateful rhetoric.

Please review the following, as any further disruptions may result in post bans:

ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW.

Community Announcement Regarding Civility and Decorum

Terms and Conditions of Posting

16) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, libelous, defamatory, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

21b) Cooperation: You will, if asked by TAN, cease to Post any content, and/or links to content, deemed offensive, objectionable, or in poor taste by TAN, in its sole discretion.

Do not reply to this post.
edit on 7/14/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

This:

ATS by boncho

I rarely read these. I bookmarked it. I favorited it. I tried to read it 4 or 5 times over the course of the day, but kept getting distracted.

I finally finished reading it. I think this thread really had some prediction in regard to this.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join