It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NOW Possible Terrorist Attack Nice France

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Death toll now 74.

+1 more 
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Are we at the dreaded T word already ?

Terrorism?

French police already called it terrorism.

Looks like the french have more balls than Obama.

link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
The french intelligence and security agency seem to be next to useless.

How the hell these attacks keep getting through.

When you have open borders and let people with absolutely no documentation come into the country by the tens of thousands, expect a few bad apples.

These attacks are a result of the absolute failure of the political establishment of the EU. The UK was smart to jump ship when it did.

edit on 14-7-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: pirhanna

originally posted by: MysticPearl
I think the reality is, if you want to label profiling and targeting a group as racism, then this Islamic issue will never be solved without racism.

I don't believe identifying a threat is racism, it's simply identifying a threat and an Islamic extremism can be as white as a ghost since it's more an ideology, but as I said, if you call it racism, then racism is part of the solution.

Islam is an ideology not an ethnicity. You can't judge someone by the tone of their skin, but you sure as hell can judge people by the culture they subscribe to. Musicians like to play music, mechanics probably know about fixing your car, skinheads are probably going to be aggro, hippies are likely to smoke pot, and muslims believe in the death of infidels. I do not condemn every muslim at all, but the ideology is what it is. To deny this is madness.

RIP to those that died, and condolences to family and friends. Another tragedy in a world full of them.

It is a RELIGION. Not a culture ior ideology.

All religions are ideologies and cultures. Not sure how that is in contention... Is this the Bill Clinton defense?

I'd also like to add: There are how many religions on earth.. there's the major ones, christianity, shinto, buddhism, hinduism, islam, judaism... and probably a few hundred more. I have no problems with any of them (that I'm aware of) in overall scope except for Islam. Islam is not a stuffed animal you can hug and make better. If someone wants to be or remain a muslim, they can. They don't get to force it on the rest of the world though, and they should be confronted on their oppression of women and non-muslims. I'm not going out and attacking anyone because they are a different religion -- that's what Islam does.

I also recognize that there are many other problems on the planet, some political, some from corporations run amok, some from dictators, some from collectivism, some from our own government. The one we are addressing today, and it seems like with great frequency due to the nonstop terrorist attacks, is Islam. It has a fundamental problem. It is an oppressive religion even in it's moderate forms.

Is this about America being bad then? Because that's where the argument always goes next. No, just take a look at this list of Islamic terrorist attacks. It's too long to even post ONE YEAR of these attacks, the majority of which are not even in western nations.

Islamic Terrorist Attack List

There is a significant portion of the Islamic population that believes all people on the planet must be converted to Islam or exterminated. They are the ones with the hatred and xenophobia. Go to Saudi Arabia and see how awesome it is there for women. Or try being a non muslim in north Sudan. Or homosexual in Oman.

We must also touch on our own governments complicity (or help) to radicalize Islam across the middle east. The more moderate Islamic nations have been toppled, one by one with the help of Bush, Obama, Clinton and the CIA. Egypt, LIbya, Syria... These were the nations that kept the radical half of Islam in check, and now they have been largely removed from the picture.

So first, I have a problem with Islam because ideologically it is particularly oppressive, and they want to forcibly convert us all. Second I have a problem with our government in aiding the rise of the radical elements of Islam across the middle east. Third, I have a problem with the lefties for being Islamic apologists to one terrorist attack after another and encouraging the soft invasion currently ongoing across the western world. I then, fourthly, have a problem with both the right and left in using this terrorism to promote totalitarianism.

edit on 14-7-2016 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Death toll now 74.

I starred for the information. but it felt odd.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
I think the reality is, if you want to label profiling and targeting a group as racism, then this Islamic issue will never be solved without racism.

I don't believe identifying a threat is racism, it's simply identifying a threat and an Islamic extremism can be as white as a ghost since it's more an ideology, but as I said, if you call it racism, then racism is part of the solution.

Islam is an ideology not an ethnicity. You can't judge someone by the tone of their skin, but you sure as hell can judge people by the culture they subscribe to. Musicians like to play music, mechanics probably know about fixing your car, skinheads are probably going to be aggro, hippies are likely to smoke pot, and muslims believe in the death of infidels. I do not condemn every muslim at all, but the ideology is what it is. To deny this is madness.

RIP to those that died, and condolences to family and friends. Another tragedy in a world full of them.

It is a RELIGION. Not a culture ior ideology.

All religions are ideologies. Not sure how that is in contention... Is this the Bill Clinton defense?

No.

link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: introvert

Okay, let's say we calm down.

And then, what happens when we find out that ISIS is behind this attack? Are we going to do something THEN?

When is enough enough?

We move forward accordingly and intelligently.

An emotional response is illogical.

Let's get facts first.

link   

Terrorism?

Sacre bleu!

link   

originally posted by: Konduit

When you have open borders and let people with absolutely no documentation come into the country by the thousands, expect a few bad apples.

These attacks are a result of the absolute failure of the political establishment of the EU.

How many attacks is this in the last 2 months? June and July, including the last few that just happened here in the US?

link   
a reply to: reldra

THEN WHO'S KILLING ALL THESE INNOCENT PEOPLE?!?!?!?!??!?!

link   

An old quote, but security agencies have to be right 100% of the time.

These cowards only have to be lucky, once.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Frexit, inc?

link   

Terrorism?

Sacre bleu!

No, they are investigating it as terrorism, as they should. There is a vast difference.

link   

Death toll now 74.

We're ALL horrified at this insane loss of life....I know you are too.
I don't need or want stars.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
75 dead now.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Why was the trailer loaded with so many guns and grenades?...the plan must've been more extensive...with more terrorists to be involved.

Why did he plow through the crowd if he was possibly planning for a bigger attack? It's like the Dallas shooter had explosives material in his home, suggesting he was planning for something bigger.

But the Dallas shooter and now this Nice truck driver went ahead and carried out their attacks prematurely.

Something is missing here.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

How?

Tell me, what do we do?

Oh, you don't know...

It's okay, I guess we can wait for another attack to happen, then we will think again, and again...

link   

Death toll now 74.

We're ALL horrified at this insane loss of life....I know you are too.
I don't need or want stars.

I am. It's just an automatic reaction to a useful post.

link   

originally posted by: Konduit
When you have open borders and let people with absolutely no documentation come into the country by the thousands, expect a few bad apples.

Please dont reply to this, so no added thread drift, but the Cuban Crime Wave as featured in the movie Scarface would be a good example of your sentiment there.
edit on 14-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

link   
I don't give a # who it offends, we need to unite and let slip the dogs of war. I'm tired of this #.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join