It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NOW Possible Terrorist Attack Nice France

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: sHuRuLuNi

Those semantics games are played by the media.

What happened in Dallas was terrorism. But because it wasn't someone who claimed allegiance to IS, the media won't report it as terrorism.

But it was terrorism.
edit on 7/14/2016 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

The key word here is decades. Lets talk about the last few months? 5 major terror attacks in the west, all perpetrated by... guess.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: introvert

Perhaps the driver and others were spooked for some reason or police asked them to stop so they just went for as much damage as possible before anyone could react. Or, and I think this is more likely, the media is sensationalizing a rifle or two and a handgun.

That is a possibility, also. They could just have robbed something. Or were about to be pulled over with guns and grenades.
Or a terrorist attack.
I am waiting for what the French authorities conclude in their investigation.

Cat burglars just decided to murder families.
Better yet, dude just didn't want a speeding ticket.

That is an incredibly warped version of what I said.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I am getting a little too drunk to participate in this thread without getting emotionally involved, especially when reading the possibilities of who might be behind this attack...let's just ignore the elephant in the room...its making me sick

I will see you tomorrow, when we know for a fact that ISIS is behind this
edit on 449k2016Thursdaypm014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: RetsuUnohana
The next few days they'll just repeat the ''don't let them divide us'' mind control technique non stop. On another note, UK and French TVs are saying its 73 now dead. 2nd van had firework started a fire by the eiffel tower and possible hostage situation.

What? A possible hostage situation at the Eiffel tower? I thought it was an accidental fire near the tower.

I think the Tower fire has been declared an accident...and unrelated.

link   
Come on people, I could be wrong, but what is the chances of this not being terror attack

It’s either another false flag, and this one is a big one, or a terror attack for them to let a nut get near a truck filled with grenades.

If ISIS says they did this and they don’t form a 200,000 man army to exterminate ISIS then Im moving to Russia with Snowden

link   

Well I know the media covers it up when the agenda is leftist, but the media has also covered up Islamic terrorists too. Look at Ft. Hood for the most egregious example.

When dealing with the media, it plays whatever best suits its agenda and the narrative. So you can bet if the act of terror is something that can be connected to the right, they won't hide it. That's why we know about McVeigh and Nichols and all the abortion clinic bombs for example.
edit on 14-7-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: woogleuk

Why would you label me as a Islamophobic?

Is it not true that these Islamic extremists keep killing innocent people in the name of Allah? Is it racist from me to want protection from them? Or if i want to stop them?

The truth is, I no longer feel safe around a muslim.

No worries you can't be racist towards a religion.

Thus, the label you are given.

Oh you...
People who have questions and are apprehensive about the teachings of Allah and Islam are not Islamophobic.
People who deny there is a problem and are complacent towards the problems in Islam are the phobic ones.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Paris, Brussels, Orlando, Istanbul and now Nice.

Time for people to pull their heads out of the dirt and confront the problem.

link   

originally posted by: Konduit

The key word here is decades. Lets talk about the last few months? 5 major terror attacks in the west, all perpetrated by... guess.

A black non-muslim veteran and a gay dude "supposedly ISIS" (imagine, member of ISIS and gay ...)?

The black non-muslim TERROR ATTACK - called by not a single major media as a terrorist attack.
The gay dude attack - immediately "TERROR ATTACK", because the gay dude happened to have a muslim name.

link   
a reply to: reldra

Oh I disagree slightly, I know it's a Muslim, Reldra...
It's a classic Intifada type attack.

I just don't like the rhetoric that followed the conclusions made.

link   
What we know?

74 dead.

100+ injured.

Shots fired.

People were mowed down for a MILE.

WHAT ELSE could it be?
edit on 14-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   

The next few days they'll just repeat the ''don't let them divide us'' mind control technique non stop. On another note, UK and French TVs are saying its 73 now dead. 2nd van had firework started a fire by the eiffel tower and possible hostage situation.

What? A possible hostage situation at the Eiffel tower? I thought it was an accidental fire near the tower.

The Interior Ministry say this:

A spokesman for the interior ministry confirms that – contrary to some reports – no hostages were taken.

“There is no hostage-taking,” interior ministry spokesman Pierre-Henry Brandet told AFP, denying dozens of rumours following the incident.

“An individual drove a truck into the crowd. He was killed by police,” he said. “Investigations are currently under way to establish if the individual acted alone or if he had accomplices who might have fled,” Brandet said. Anti-terrorism investigators have taken over the investigation, prosecutors said.

There are no hostage situations as of this moment.

link   

originally posted by: Willtell
What’s Obama excuse going to be now?

He sent 600 JSOC troops to Iraq last week. Whoopee #

Plus he may give the election to Trump if this keeps going on

Webster Tarpley has already said this

These Western leaders have f_____ up

Turkey…. US…France…England…NATO…Germany

What kind of stupidity is running this s___?

Putin and Assad are the only real leaders in the world

Is this the straw that breaks the camels back?

no pun intended

As I said, just a week ago people were stunned by the amount of drone strikes the US has participated in against ISIS.

Also, why is Obama responsible for France?

Obama should have formed a coalition of 200, 000 troops to exterminate ISIS two years ago

That’s why I blame him

He should have been a world leader against this evil

He should be impeached He is not protecting the American people.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
It could be some deranged wannabe celebrity mass murderer, like the school shooting type people.

But I think that's a mostly "American" fad.

Is why it makes it pretty obvious its most likely ISIS, given they did already attack France this year?
edit on 14-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

link   
I remember times when people met on ATS to find out what really happened.
Nowadays it´s just fighting each other over dumb religious cults, skincolors, races, it´s only guessing and spreading hate before knowing, really knowing, who in fact did what exactly and what for.
What happened, is it so easy now to divide you people? That´s waht special circles of individuals want, so nobody is looking at them anymore!

Sure everybody bets on islamic terrorism, but i will wait for evidence, even if it just evidence presented by the official sources.

Read right now that Hollande wanted to stop martial law at the end of the month.
I bet now this will not happen. Lucky Hollande? Lucky french government suppressing their people, threatening everyone as a terrorist with those martial laws? Course now they can go on with it, to not being able to prevent the people from the next terror attack.
Did it help? Did the total obversation of all people, france has some of the harshest laws in europe, help to prevent terror attacks? Doesn´t look so. So what it is all good for, and why does it become more and more, if it doens´t help against terrorism, as we can see almost every week?

I´ll go to sleep now, because in several hours we know maybe more, don´t have to speculate anymore.

link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Come on people, I could be wrong, but what is the chances of this not being terror attack

It’s either another false flag, and this one is a big one, or a terror attack for them to let a nut get near a truck filled with grenades.

If ISIS says they did this and they don’t form a 200,000 man army to exterminate ISIS then Im moving to Russia with Snowden

You are right, the highest chance is that it is. I agree, if that is the case, enough hasn;t been done. But also, quite a bit has been done in regard to drone strikes. Obama would have difficulty getting permission for 'boots on the ground'. Just because it is his idea, the Republicans will fight it. There are ways around it by working with say, NATO. But it has been an uphill battle as it is.

it got worse since ISIS strongholds were heavily hit and they scattered. Like batting a bee's nest.

edit on 14-7-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I think the Tower fire has been declared an accident...and unrelated.

Well, that's unfortunate timing, considering the truck who killed all these people in Nice had explosives.

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

First of all, my heart goes out to the loved ones who were murdered today in France and prayers to those who are injured.

OK, I'm going to ask. The history of the Jews has been one long story of being persecuted and treated like crap pretty much wherever they go. By your logic, they had and have every right to be even worse than Muslims, but somehow they mostly live amongst people and just do what they do.

Your above statement is very cartoon. It is thought-poor.

When one goes beyond their western-centric conditioning of history, they will discover that almost every demographic has a history of persecution in some way. The Jewish people have a history of persecution, I agree. However, right now in our modern times (past 5 decades till the present) the Muslims (predominantly in the middle-east) are being persecuted in many ways - especially when Western geopolitical agendas are weighed. Now, this does not give terrorist such as ISIS the right to commit acts of terror in places such as Iraq, Turkey, Syria, Belgium, France and other places in the world as of late. You don't seem to understand that ISIS and other Islamic terrorist groups are killing Muslims as well, and therefore their motivation arises from geopolitical agendas - not religious agendas.

I'm not surprised here on ATS that this thread about the attack in Nice, France turned into a Muslim bashing thread. These topics tend to bring out ignorant hateful bigoted thoughts that exist with some people.

link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
For (insert deity of choice to curse here) sake! There is already two Wikipedia entries on this!

At approximately 22:40 local time, a truck was driven over 2 km into a large crowd of people on the Promenade des Anglais in the city of Nice. They were celebrating Bastille Day, and had gathered for a fireworks display.

Nice entry, Link 2

Link 1, 2016 timeline

I agree, circling the drain...

Is it unsympathetic and off topic to mention the plot in Tale of two cities this early in the disaster?

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join