It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NOW Possible Terrorist Attack Nice France

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
ATTENTION!!!

This is going to be a long emotion driven thread which will be ruined if the tit for tat continues. TONE IT DOWN!!!

Each other and opinions of each other IS NOT THE TOPIC!

Any further bad posts may meet with a 72 hour posting ban. THINK BEFORE YOU POST!

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE.[/B]

Blaine91555

I'm quoting this for good measure.

Make sure you follow the above, staff will NOT warn any of you again.

~Tenth
ATS Super Mod

link   

originally posted by: introvert
Holy #. I am just hearing about this.

Is it true that one man ran a truck through a group of people and the truck was packed with guns and explosives?

Yes introvert.

The difference is how the French handle it.

They won't be screaming to ban trucks.

link   
a reply to: Domo1
I had the same reaction.. sickening

link   
a reply to: sHuRuLuNi

In the US at least, terrorist is terrorist. We had this conversation just not too many days ago. If these were white guys, it would still be a terrorist attack.
edit on 14-7-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: introvert

Perhaps the driver and others were spooked for some reason or police asked them to stop so they just went for as much damage as possible before anyone could react. Or, and I think this is more likely, the media is sensationalizing a rifle or two and a handgun.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: sHuRuLuNi

And I will tell you again, I don't care about Islam nor Muslims.

I am more than open to live with anyone in peace. But that's not possible, when we're being targeted.

Why does it bothering you that we call this attack a terrorist act? Because, that's what it is. Wake up.

link   
How do we know this is Islamic terrorism?

What have they confirmed?

link   
The next few days they'll just repeat the ''don't let them divide us'' mind control technique non stop. On another note, UK and French TVs are saying its 73 now dead. 2nd van had firework started a fire by the eiffel tower and possible hostage situation.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: DBCowboy

That's probably a good call man. It's not the gore that got me it was knowing these were innocent revelers out for a good time with family and friends who were murdered in cold blood and splayed all over the road. I felt like I got punched in the chest.

Same for me. That's what my wife and I talked about for a few mins when watching.

People our age enjoying a summer evening, a holiday, out on a stroll one second, the next run over by a terrorist and mass mayhem. We were in France in January and were thinking that could have been us and it's people just like us who are falling victim.

Makes me sick to my stomach seeing crap like this. There is extremely deep hatred towards us and our way of life. Even gang bangers mostly stick to only killing other gang bangers, those in the game, and the mafia mainly has a "harm no women or children" policy.

These Islamic extremists will kill anyone. Simply the more the better.
edit on 14-7-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: onequestion

The Biblical answer is that we are seeing the days of Noah. People are going crazy and insane and the love of man has waxed cold. Several have already mentioned that they've seen it on the forums here.

Things are getting weird.

I can feel it in my gut lately.

link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

It didn't look like full speed but it was going pretty freaking fast

link   

Because all frenchman drive trucks filled with explosives playing grand theft auto in real life.

Obvious answer is obvious.

link   

originally posted by: sHuRuLuNi

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: woogleuk
it started during the Serb-Bosnian war, when we fought many future Al Qaeda fighters and others...

You mean when you slaughtered thousands of civilian muslims (like in Srebrenica, 8000+)?
And don't even try to give me that crap - I was there and saw everything with my own eyes.

So, the problem is not that you are against "muslim terrorists" ... the problem, you, and all who talk like you are againts muslims, period.
That's what it really is.

If this dude was a typical white french dude who wanted to kill people with his truck, none of you would call this a "terrorist attack". Even if it was a white dude and christian - nope, no terorist, just a "deranged individual".
Even if he declared before that he wants to kill them in the name of Yahwe, or whatever, - again, no terrorist - just a "sick person".

BUT ... if he happens to be muslim: TERRORIST!

All the examples you cited would be terrorists. Whether it was called that, well...

+5 more 
link   
a reply to: reldra

I am completely in favor of increasing surveillance of ALL muslims in the US.

Does that make me a racist? How so if Islam is not a race?

Look at it this way, if you have nothing to hide then what's the problem?

If it were Christians leading violent terrorist attacks, then it should be Christians under the microscope. But it's not Christians, Reldra. It's Muslims.

The muslim community needs to stand up, publicly, and weed out these Jihadis. And speaking as an American, we as Americans need to give all of the peaceful, law abiding, integrated muslims the platform they need to take the stand that will lead to the much needed schism of violent muslims vs peaceful muslims.

As it would appear, there aren't enough Muslims willing to stand up and publicly decry these acts of Terrorism.

link   

Nothing yet.

But, considering the recent events, I think it's safe to assume that ISIS is behind this attack. I mean, guns + explosives?

Exactly what neo said

edit on 443k2016Thursdaypm014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I think I saw something about Isis taking credit. Not sure, but I would put the odds of it not being Islamic terrorism at like 5%.

link   

They are calling it terrorism. Someone has said ISIS has claimed it, but the authorities have not called it Islamic yet.

However, how many other groups in Europe are regularly pulling off terrorist attacks at the moment?

If this were the US, we'd be much more up in the air, but there are far fewer active agitating elements in the Europe at the moment.

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Report: Truck was going "Full Speed".

Yeah, otherwise more would have gotten out the way.

I drove a truck not unlike that one for some years. They dont accelerate too fast but once they get going there's no stopping them. After I left there the new guy plowed it doing about 50MPH into a line of stopped cars a a big red light. Totaled something like 10 cars, sent a motorcycle + guy flying like 50' thru the air. It was like 2 or 3 people in a coma for over a month (former employers $500,000 insurance policy was eaten up just by that part alone). I couldn't believe it when I saw the photos of the wreck scene later. They thought the guy was texting his girlfriend or something, early in the AM.
edit on 14-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

link   

ATS has confirmed that it's ISIS and that I'll be in an internment camp soon for my own good, and that if I should die fighting it, no one will care.

That's the gist I got from the thread so far.

I need a
edit on 14-7-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: Drastic spelling mistake!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Perhaps the driver and others were spooked for some reason or police asked them to stop so they just went for as much damage as possible before anyone could react. Or, and I think this is more likely, the media is sensationalizing a rifle or two and a handgun.

That is a possibility, also. They could just have robbed something. Or were about to be pulled over with guns and grenades.
Or a terrorist attack.
I am waiting for what the French authorities conclude in their investigation.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join