It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton's New Ad Paints Donald Trump as a Bad Role Model for Kids Using His Own Words

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Hillary Clinton's campaign just released a new 60-second attack ad using some of Donald Trump's most deplorable moments against him.

The spot, which was rolled out on the candidate's Twitter, Facebook and Instagram platforms this morning, features children all across the country, their faces aglow from their television sets as they watch Trump say racist, sexist and ableist things to his supporter base who respond with laughter and cheer.

By letting Trump speak for himself and showcasing what it looks like when children hear those words, the effort seems to paint a dystopian view of the future before presenting Clinton as a voice of reason.

www.adweek.com...

There's nothing to add really, the Clinton ad says it all. It's an eviscerating and very effective ad and it's plastered all over social media today. Any thinking person can watch it and see the cognitive dissonance at play or even just watch day to day coverage of the Presidential campaign with a kid and, invariably, uncomfortable questions pop up.

The ad perfectly underscores the cross-roads we are at in this country. Which direction do we want to go? It almost - almost - makes me want to vote for Hillary. I refuse because I think Clinton/Trump are just six of one, half a dozen of the other, two sides of the same coin, however you want to phrase it but many will certainly be swayed by this compelling ad.

I shudder to think how Trump will hit back.

edit on 14-7-2016 by JetBlackStare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JetBlackStare

My initial reaction after watching the video:

My kids dont need to be watching politicians,

the intended audience is us big kids

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
to kids those 2 candidates are like -bed time or bath time-
both options scary.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Well, the handful of Trump supporters I know in real life would probably sit their kids down in front of Trump and happily let them watch.

*shrug*

The ad isn't going to change anyone's minds...

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Yes! Today's kids need good role models like Hilary.

I can't even type that with a straight face.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
And she's a GOOD role model for kids??

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Oh wait.......that was racist. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom
Me too. I think it is rather weak. Plus I hate that music.
That music is the music they play on America's Got Talent when the performer has a heart wrenching story to tell to help sell the act even though the act is only mediocre.
That music is the music they play on the Hallmark channel shows so the viewers will know when it is time to get emotional. I hate that music almost as much as I hate the laugh tracks on to many of the sitcoms to tell people when to laugh, to tell people what is funny.
Pure mind control that music.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jansy
And she's a GOOD role model for kids??

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Don't worry just say it again in full, just so's folks who don't know, will know. sheesh!

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JetBlackStare

There's nothing to add really, the Clinton ad says it all. It's an eviscerating and very effective ad and it's plastered all over social media today. Any thinking person can watch it and see the cognitive dissonance at play or even just watch day to day coverage of the Presidential campaign with a kid and, invariably, uncomfortable questions pop up.

The ad perfectly underscores the cross-roads we are at in this country. Which direction do we want to go? It almost - almost - makes me want to vote for Hillary. I refuse because I think Clinton/Trump are just six of one, half a dozen of the other, two sides of the same coin, however you want to phrase it but many will certainly be swayed by this compelling ad.

I shudder to think how Trump will hit back.

Does that mean you won't do your duty? Don't answer aye or nay, while it does beg the question.
We have the same crappiness now in the UK, with an unelected Prime Minister, three fifths M16, and a new Foreign Minister, who is three fifths short of a sliced loaf...and has a history of insulting foreigners.
So get ready folks, what we are about to see on the gogglebox, will be the best...and longest, (much longer)
movie since, 'Airplane'
edit on 14-7-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It's about time these two drew out their sabers.

I don't care for either one of them ... but this is gonna be good.

Oh yeah ... this is the Mud Pit ... Hillary Really Sucks!!

edit on 1472016 by Snarl because: clarity of Forum

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Here kids! Join a postive gang....hahahahaha

She does it all by herself...If you do not simply stare and then shake your head at this one, then, well.....she has no idea what is coming for her. He has not even started. Waiting....

edit on 07pm31pmf0000002016-07-14T16:34:20-05:000420 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

She is absolutely correct.

Gangs have an appeal of being a family unit to those that may not have a solid family structure at home.

As far as positive gangs, I'd have to know what context she meant it. Around my area there are programs that offer the same gang-like family structure that many youths desire, but that energy is focused on sports, music, etc.

Context is key.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
As if a 'extremely careless' and 'Highly unsophisticated habitual liar that rode the coat tails of her husband is some kind of role model for youngsters, and old people alike.

Hell people it was 3 AM in Benghazi and Clinton was no where to be seen.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Jansy

5 months from now it will be misogynist.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The Clinton campaign is so desperate for material.

Most of the BS is about blaming others to get the guilt off her own back.

All the proven lies and tall tales told by Hillary is the example.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Hey kids! Just pretend to play the role while you lie and cheat your way to a better life. It worked for me! As you get older, our expectation of you to obey the law is only as good as your knowledge of it. Stay ignorant and don't ask questions, we have your best interests in mind.

Insincerely,

Hillary Clinton

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Yes Hillary lets talk about role models...

Look OP I found a video chalk full of sound bytes that make Hillary look like a horrible person. Only difference is my video has a better thumbs up to down ratio by a lot is thirteen times longer and millions more views. Sure it's been out longer but I would put a few Trump videos that show the same disparity.

Oh wait I forgot Youtube if full of sexist, misogynistic, Hitler loving rapists so they opinions are invalid.
Continue...
edit on 14-7-2016 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

eta: Broken video link.
edit on 14-7-2016 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Yeah Hillary. It was WAAAYY different when I was raising kids during the 'oral sex, Monica Lewinsky, cigars and the Oval Office, your husband being impeached and sued for sexual harassment' phase of your last incarnation in power.

You missed your chance to impress me when you didn't cut off Bill's gonads and throw him off the White House roof when you had the opportunity.

But of course, that would have meant that you wouldn't be able to ride his coattails anymore, and pretend against all evidence that he's an 'elder statesman' and not a sexual predator.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I think that:

(a) any thinking person can watch that and say (save for maybe one child) that those kids aren't even watching the video of the soundbytes being played,
(b) that like other people have said, politics and political speeches are not appropriate for 7-to-10-year-olds, as they cannot properly understand the messages or intended meanings of comments, and
(c) if they CAN comprehend what's being said, it's probably a lie meant to be aimed at the lowest cognitive level of the intended audience (which is the voting public who will be >18 years old at the time of the election).

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that, I don't see what exploiting kids and using crappy editing to pretend that kids are watching Trump speeches is going to do for the general voting public come November. I do, however, find it a deplorable act when ANY politician resorts to the exploitation of children in order to garner emotional reactions from "any thinking person."

Those are not "thinking people," they are emotional people.

Oh, and Trump could easily fire right back, use the same type of kids' reactions, and insert Hillary comments in there that can be perceived as just as offensive--it'd be an easy rebuttal, actually.

Neither of these clowns deserve to be in office, period.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

The ad is pointed and effective...and that can be said without a partisan slant...I have seen GOP strategists say the same thing.

Donald Trump mocking disabled people is easy to digest...the location of an email server and whether it was secure is frankly boring to the Middle America both candidates need.

And Trumps Ads thus far?...Kind of freaks out Middle America...

edit on 15-7-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join