It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Despite being stopped the least amount of times, white people have murdered the most cops this year

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: theySeeme

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: theySeeme

And still you have no solution.

You are right, I don't think anyone does. The only thing I can do is shed light on facts. I'll bet before this topic you all assumed blacks kill the most cops - data shows otherwise. Sorry.

Historically, they do kill more cops in disproportionate numbers. Did they last year? Maybe not. But historically, they do.

It doesn't matter though. It's meaningless really. The number of people killed by cops and the number of cops killed are dwarfed by the number of children who are abused, neglected, and murdered, and the number of women raped and murdered by men.

It's a problem, yes, but it's not an epidemic. Yet, it dominates the headlines, none-the-less, and at the expense of real epidemics that deserve headlines.

There is a solution. But no one wants to talk about it because it requires that EVERYONE make some goals and work towards them. The national conversation on race is one-sided no matter which side is talking.

edit on 14-7-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

That 80% is whites Jews Arabs and Latinos. Like I've showed you now three times.

www.quora.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

You are right, I don't think anyone does. The only thing I can do is shed light on facts. I'll bet before this topic you all assumed blacks kill the most cops - data shows otherwise. Sorry.

Historically, they do kill cops in disproportionate numbers. Did they last year? Maybe not. But historically, they do.

It doesn't matter though. It's meaningless really. The number of people killed by cops and the number of cops killed are dwarfed by the number of children who are abused, neglected, and murdered, and the number of women raped and murdered by men.

It's a problem, yes, but it's not an epidemic. Yet, it dominates the headlines, none-the-less, and at the expense of real epidemics that deserve headlines.

There is a solution. But no one wants to talk about it because it requires that EVERYONE make some goals and work towards them. The national conversation on race is one-sided no matter which side is talking.

I completely agree, perhaps I should of made a disclaimer in my OP. I don't think this is an epidemic (cop killings), these are very low death tallies compared to other hazards in other professions - my point is simply that there are many racists and bigots and uneducated people who believe the conception that most cops are killed by black people - especially after what happened in Dallas. This is simply not true.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

That 80% is whites Jews Arabs and Latinos. Like I've showed you now three times.

www.quora.com...

Jews are NOT a race. If you have information saying otherwise, please show us. Why are you calling Jewish people a race?

Secondly, if you source Quora you might as well source Yahoo Answers, they are exactly the same thing.
edit on 14-7-2016 by theySeeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

my point is simply that there are many racists and bigots and uneducated people who believe the conception that most cops are killed by black people - especially after what happened in Dallas. This is simply not true.

You mean it's not true some years.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

What level of education do you have to have to not know that ethnic Jews are a race?
edit on 14-7-2016 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

What level of education do you have to have to not know that ethnic Jews are a race?

I've had other Jews tell me Jews are not a race, it's more than I needed - but I immediately did my own research after hearing such and can confirm.

Have you?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Judaism is a religion. Those that practice Judaism are called Jews.

link   

And before we come to the die down of this topic, I just want to say I hope no one feels truly offended - if you do, this topic wasn't targetted at you. I am only talking to the people who a part of the problem, those people know who they are when they read facts like these.

I'd also like to add some of my numbers were in fact off, but the general premis and fact within the title of this topic is still fact, it hasn't changed. At the end of the day this is all about inciting discussion and motivating people to do research - especially as a community; so we can fact check eachother, so we can have civil debates without dealing with bull#.

How can a nation rise if it's foundation with which it takes actions on is built on lies? Think about that for a second folks, and have a good night.

edit on 14-7-2016 by theySeeme because: (no reason given)

link   

link   

originally posted by: Tsubaki

Judaism is a religion. Those that practice Judaism are called Jews.

Exactly! They are not a RACE, they are a RELIGION. Thank you

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Tsubaki

Yes and Jews also have specific DNA makeup that make them ethnic Jews

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Historically, they do kill more cops in disproportionate numbers. Did they last year? Maybe not. But historically, they do.

You probably wouldn't feel that way if you had to worry about your son/daughter getting murdered for driving miles 2 above the speed limit.
edit on 14-7-2016 by Tsubaki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Gee, I suppose we could say Christians have specific DNA makeup that make them ethnic christians? ethnic buddhist? ethnic hindus?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
So how many more things would you like to be wrong on tonight?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Completely different different check my links

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

ATS needs the Picard facepalm

link   

You probably wouldn't feel that way if you had to worry about your son/daughter getting murdered for driving miles 2 above the speed limit.

Right. I feel that way as a woman who survived a kidnapping, rape, and attempted murder. Well, it was more like an attempted lynching as the man tried to hang me from a tree with an extension cord while I was gagged with my own bra.

And I feel that way as the mother of a rape-survivor, too. She was gang raped by five teens & young men while staying all night with a friend.

So I just worry about my girls walking out the front door.

Rape. Now that's an epidemic.

edit on 14-7-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

link   

He wasn't being negative, but I understand your response and can totally empathize with that.

He's just saying that we have things that cause death at ridiculously higher rates than police killing civilians / killed by civilians. Death by cop is lower than death by animal for example, and so on. In my opinion that doesn't take away from it because those who enforce the law should be our cream of the crop - best of the best, no excuses. We need professionals.

Professionals are what will reduce - but never entirely eliminate - the deaths.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Did you graduate high school, or is genetics a foreign subject to you.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join