It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Despite being stopped the least amount of times, white people have murdered the most cops this year

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Unity_99

This deletes the thread. Seriously. This is the facts. So the author of this "media enriched tale" was making something up.

It should be in the HOAX or LOL forums.

Any publicly available information will show the title of the OP to be true. You would have to prove it to not be true to claim the thread is a hoax or an LOL.

I've already proven it with a source that updates the death of police daily. The OP is using a fabricated source.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

This deletes the thread. Seriously. This is the facts. So the author of this "media enriched tale" was making something up.

Any publicly available information will show the title of the OP to be true. You would have to prove it to not be true to claim the thread is a hoax or an LOL.

I've already proven it with a source that updates the death of police daily. The OP is using a fabricated source.

You are missing 30 dead cops, 30 names.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: theySeeme

I was with you the whole thread until you said "Over 1,000 blacks have been killed by police this year alone"...

Where did you get that number from?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: theySeeme

I've done some research on all the deaths, let's see what I was able to come up with.

Joe Zangaro was shot and killed by Larry Gordon. White male
Ronald Kienzle was shot and killed by Larry Gordon. White male

Michael Smith shot and killed by Micah Johnson. Black male
Brent Thompson shot and killed by Micah Johnson. Black male
Patricio E. Zamarripa shot and killed by Micah Johnson. Black male
Michael Leslie Krol shot and killed by Micah Johnson. Black male
Lorne Bradley Ahrens shot and killed by Micah Johnson. Black male

David Michel was shot and killed by Jerman Neveaux. Black male

Gilberto Colón-Leon was shot and killed by Arnaldo Rodriguez. Hispanic male

Ronald Tarentino was shot and killed by Jorge Zambrano. Hispanic male

David Van Glasser was shot and killed by Israel Santos-Banos. Hispanic male

Brad Lancaster was shot and killed by Curtis Ayers. White male

Steven Smith was shot and killed by Lincoln Rutledge. White male

Chad Dermyer was shot and killed by James Brown III. Black male

Carl Koontz was shot and killed by Evan Dorsey. White male

Allen Jacobs was shot and killed by Deontea Perry Mackey. Black male

David Hofer was shot and killed by Jorge Gonzalez, Hispanic male

Ashley Guindon was shot and killed by Ronald Hamilton. Black male (it was Ashley's first day as a police officer)

Nate Carrigan was shot and killed by Martin Wirth. White male

Lee Tartt was shot and killed by Charles Lee Lambert. White male

Gregory Barney was shot and killed by Jerand Ross. Black male (only black officer so far this year)

Jason Moszer was shot and killed by Marcus Shumacher. White male

Patrick Dailey was shot and killed by David Evans. White male
Mark Logsdon was shot and killed by David Evans. White male

Derek Greer was shot and killed by Austin Holzer. White male

Jason Goodding was shot and killed by Phillip Ferry. White male

Thomas Cottrell was shot and killed by Herschel Jones III. White male

Douglas Barney was shot and killed by Cory Lee Henderson. White male

14 white males shot and killed police officers so far this year.
10 black males shot and killed police officers so far this year.
4 Hispanic males shot and killed police officers so far this year.

That's a far cry from your 71% stat. The rest of officers that died this year have been from car crashes or natural causes. Most of these cops were shot while serving a warrant or shot during an ambush. Few were done during traffic stops.

These deaths are updated daily. If you want to click each officer's name and then Google the shooting to find the name and race of the shooter because you doubt me, here is the link.

www.odmp.org...

Here you have 28 officers, but the source of my topic is 42 officers. I've since double checked, and 56 officers have been killed this year (if we count the 2 officers killed by the white guy in the court house the other day). Are those 2 officers listed in your post too? Nope, many names are missing apart from those too, the Dallas ones are there though.

But I applaud you on this, half of the work is done. Shall I complete the other half of the list, so we can settle this?

Yes, they are the first two officers mentioned in my post. 28 officers have been shot and killed. Not 42, not 56. Twenty eight. I'm challenging you to find an accurate source or prove my source wrong.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

According to statistics from the FBI, white males make up the smallest amount of people stopped by the police in total for 2016 - yet this very small group makes up over 70% of all police murders. 71% of police killed in 2016 were killed by white males. The remaining 29% make up black, latino, and other.

:

A few problems, not all police murders are the result of a police stop and Latinos are typically placed into the white category.

Here is another article.

WP

link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

I was with you the whole thread until you said "Over 1,000 blacks have been killed by police this year alone"...

Where did you get that number from?

Sorry, seems I mispoke - over 1,000 blacks have been SHOT by police this year.

We don't know how many are killed because statistics are not properly kept, however from news reports alone

This number comes from The Guardian’s police killings database, but the Killed by Police database counts 580 people who have died at the hands of police so far this year. The Washington Post also reports that 488 people have been shot and killed by cops.
Going by the Guardian’s count, 261 white people were killed by police — the highest total out of any racial group. But data also shows that black people and Native Americans are being killed at higher rates than any other group.

So from this information alone we know that OP is incorrect when he says blacks are more likely to shoot cops then be shot by cop, that's a lie.

link   

No I'm not. You're making # up as you go. 28 officers have been shot and killed this year. The rest are all from car crashes or natural causes. I linked the source, use it.

ETA: My source says 62 officers have died this year.
edit on 14-7-2016 by LSU0408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I've done some research on all the deaths, let's see what I was able to come up with.

Ashley Guindon was shot and killed by Ronald Hamilton. Black male (it was Ashley's first day as a police officer)

Gregory Barney was shot and killed by Jerand Ross. Black male (only black officer so far this year)

That's a far cry from your 71% stat. The rest of officers that died this year have been from car crashes or natural causes. Most of these cops were shot while serving a warrant or shot during an ambush. Few were done during traffic stops.

These deaths are updated daily. If you want to click each officer's name and then Google the shooting to find the name and race of the shooter because you doubt me, here is the link.

www.odmp.org...

Here you have 28 officers, but the source of my topic is 42 officers. I've since double checked, and 56 officers have been killed this year (if we count the 2 officers killed by the white guy in the court house the other day). Are those 2 officers listed in your post too? Nope, many names are missing apart from those too, the Dallas ones are there though.

But I applaud you on this, half of the work is done. Shall I complete the other half of the list, so we can settle this?

Yes, they are the first two officers mentioned in my post. 28 officers have been shot and killed. Not 42, not 56. Twenty eight. I'm challenging you to find an accurate source or prove my source wrong.

Your own source proves you are incomplete, lol. It says it right there on the website you used for a source

Cops killed 2016
9/11 related illness: 1
Aircraft accident: 1
Animal related: 1
Automobile accident: 9
Gunfire: 28
Gunfire (Accidental): 1
Heart attack: 4
Motorcycle accident: 3
Struck by vehicle: 2
Vehicle pursuit: 3
Vehicular assault: 9

But you only counted gun fire. What about the 9 cops killed by vehicular assault? Pursuit? Those count as murder, the rest are classified differently.

link   

www.odmp.org...

Your own source proves you are incomplete, lol. It says it right there on the website you used for a source

Cops killed 2016
9/11 related illness: 1
Aircraft accident: 1
Animal related: 1
Automobile accident: 9
Gunfire: 28
Gunfire (Accidental): 1
Heart attack: 4
Motorcycle accident: 3
Struck by vehicle: 2
Vehicle pursuit: 3
Vehicular assault: 9

But you only counted gun fire. What about the 9 cops killed by vehicular assault? Those count as murder, most of the rest are classified differently.
edit on 14-7-2016 by theySeeme because: (no reason given)

link   

The FBI. Same as yours supposedly

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

No I'm not. You're making # up as you go. 28 officers have been shot and killed this year. The rest are all from car crashes or natural causes. I linked the source, use it.

ETA: My source says 62 officers have died this year.

So I suppose that the 9 officers killed by Vehicular assault on the same source you linked are car crashes and natural causes? Not the suspect assaulting the cop with a vehicle until the officer died? Ok then.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
So white people kill 70% of cops but make up 70% of the population and blacks kill 30 percent of cops and make up only 13% of the population. What am I missing other than your sources?

What you are missing is that

White people make up 70% of the population, but are stopped the least amount of times.

Despite being stopped the least amount of times, this group has killed the most amount of cops.

Get it now?

The group with the highest population comes into contact with the police the least amount of times, but has killed the most officers. That's an epidemic.

But cops aren't pulling whites, blacks, or anyone over in search of cop killers, are they ? Of the thousands or if not 10's of thousands off stops its for road infractions(I assume you mean traffic stops), searches, potential stolen property etc. They aren't pulling them over for one of these 42 cop killers, I don't think you can correlate these two facts you've supplied as they don't really have anything to do with each other.

As well it would be interesting to see the stats for previous years as per the race of cop killers, are they the same as you claim for the first 1/2 of this year ?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Indeed.

The 'source' of the op.

I am so moving on to something else more worthy.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

"Despite being stopped the least amount of times, white PEOPLE have murdered the most cops this year"

This is your title but your content is relevant to white MALES. I am getting sick and tired of getting lumped in with white males, tbh.

Happens all the time.

Today I read how Megyn Kelly, as a privileged white woman, was in no position to contribute to the subject of racism. Even though that woman has had more hateful misogyny thrown her way, in the last year, than most women in the public eye. Perhaps, she could draw on those experiences when discussing racism.

One in four women are sexually assaulted in her lifetime and I hear far too much about how priveledged we are. We aren't. We do face adversity and hate. And there is no room to even talk about it because racism seems to be the only discrimination that matters.

I think you should change your title.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

www.odmp.org...

The 28 is for officers killed by hostile gunfire. Nine have been killed by vehicular assault. Nine more by auto accident. Three in motorcycle accidents. Four by heart attacks. And this is not an exhaustive list of causes of death.

62 officers total have been killed, and that's counting the five in Dallas and others since. Taking out the nine, and only those nine, killed in auto accidents, that leaves 53 officers killed by something, anything other than a car accident. Felonious assault or otherwise.

Your math is off.

ETA - what's with the continuous daring? Start another thread. Or don't. No need to act like you're gonna double dog dare somebody.
edit on 14-7-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

"Despite being stopped the least amount of times, white PEOPLE have murdered the most cops this year"

This is your title but your content is relevant to white MALES. I am getting sick and tired of getting lumped in with white males, tbh.

Happens all the time.

Today I read how Megyn Kelly, as a privileged white woman, was in no position to contribute to the subject of racism. Even though that woman has had more hateful misogyny thrown her way, in the last year, than most women in the public eye. Perhaps, she could draw on those experiences when discussing racism.

One in four women are sexually assaulted in her lifetime and I hear far too much about how priveledged we are. We aren't. We do face adversity and hate. And there is no room to even talk about it because racism seems to be the only discrimination that matters.

Sorry, I refuse to conform by sugar coating because some people are hurt by the truth. The truth is what sets us free.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

And lastly, your incomplete research confirms the thread title. Thank you for your reeasrch. According to your research, white people kill more cops, despite being stopped less. That's what this topic is about.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Happens all the time.

Sorry, I refuse to conform by sugar coating because some people are hurt by the truth. The truth is what sets us free.

Sugar coating what? The truth is that you cited statistics about white MALES and your title is too broad and includes white women.

The truth. Ha! You have no idea about truth. Wanna hear about my experience as a white woman?

No. I don't think you do. I think you want to point your finger at everyone white and stew.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Happens all the time.

Washington Post

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: anton74

Happens all the time.

Washington Post

Thank you, this article (with older data) confirms the topic's title - white people are killing more cops despite being stopped less when compared to any other group, grossly disproportionate.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join