It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undeniable proof that the ancient egyptians were BLACK.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
lol reading the other replies; I almost forgot where I was. Slipping out quickly

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: 711117

originally posted by: Marduk

wait, people think they weren't black? what do people think they were?

Egyptian, which isn't a race....

originally posted by: kibric
a reply to: Marduk

amazingdiscoveries.org...

carbon dating is not always reliable

Sorry, the author of your article is a creationist, spouting obvious nonsense, here is real science
ncse.com...

Guess you got that wrong, don't believe all you hear from people with an obvious bias caused by a belief that requires scientific evidence to be wrong, before they even put pen to paper...

we're talking about the colour of skin right.. i don't understand your reply

No, we are talking about genetic inheritance. DNA studies have shown that the Egyptians were a multi racial society on every level. The same as they are today

so ranging from brown to black then right

No, ranging from white to black to red and every mixture in between
Here are the Haplotypes responsible :- H 14.7%, I 5.9%, J 5.9%, L1a 11.7%, L1e 5.9%, L2a 2.9%, M1 17.6%, N1b 8.8%, T 5.9%, U 8.8% U3 2.9%, U4 5.9% ,L3*(a) 5.9%, L3*(b) 2.9%, Other 2.9%.

Of these, the L haplotypes are typically sub Saharan (23.7%), M1 and U are ancient Eurasian, present at least 30,000 years and many of the other Eurasian haplotypes have been found in 12,000 year old bones in Morocco. The N an I are possibly attributable to Arab ancestry, about 15% non-Arab in upper Egypt.

Egypt is on the crossroads of Africa and the Middle east, as such populations move in and out of its territory

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

I have I on good authority that the labourers that built the Pyramids were Irish...

I read that in a book too. Apparently, the Irish built the Pyramids even before there was an Ireland.

Strange facts.

The Irish were a highly advanced culture. And then whiskey was invented and...

Harte

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

Uhmmm... if you read the hieroglyphs, those aren't Egyptians. They're representing other nations. (Yes, I know what the text below it says. The actual hieroglyphs contradict the English text.)

(I'll look up the original. The hieroglyphs have been hacked off so it's hard to read.)
edit on 15-7-2016 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd
From The Gate of Teka Hra from The Book of Gates, a New Kingdom funerary text. As I understand it, there are varying versions of this vignette, but I don't care enough to look further.

Harte

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

More so an example of skin tones that the Egyptians used to represent humans. Based on that, apply to any of the other paintings to see what race is in context.

You can have your "Uhmm.." back

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: secretboss

It is not taught in schools because it's not true.

Egypt was a melting pot of different races.

The facts are that during the Last Glacial Maximum, the Sahara desert was double its size and most of Egypt was uninhabitable. It is only during each melting phase of ice age cycles that Egypt is fertile.

During the Eemian melt approx. 120,000 years ago, Egypt was savannah steppe grasses. But as the planet froze up again, by the Last Glacial Maximum Egypt's Sahara was twice as extreme as it is now. Fact is that any of the black populations that were living in Egypt moved south of the Sahara desert into rain forests at the LGM. Most people have a difficult time surviving the modern conditions of the Sahara desert. During the Last Glacial, the Sahara desert was twice its present size and twice as harsh conditions.

With the present melting phase, Egypt's sands did not become fertile again until around 4000 BCE. But by that point, there were already a collection of non-black, Caucasian groups living along the coast and the delta region.

Some of those groups moved in from lands to the east, by foot, while other groups moved into the Egyptian coast from boat settlements.

Many of Egypt's crops came with the groups that colonized by boat, via the Mediterranean and the Aegean.

For example, papyrus does not come from Africa. The plant originally came from the island of Cyprus. That is the origin of papyrus. Boat groups that settled Cyprus also settled coastal and delta Egypt. They were Caucasian, not black.

Another example, einkorn wheat is endemic to Turkey. Boeticum einkorn is what was grown by land-locked groups along the Tigris and Euphrates. Aegilopoides einkorn was grown by boat groups along west Turkey and on Aegean islands.

Egypt grew aegilopoides einkorn wheat brought to Egypt by boat groups from the Aegean settling the delta region.

Fact is that the majority of crops grown in Egypt were endemic in the wild forms from non-Egyptian places along the Meditarranean or Aegean. But that would be logical too. Since the Sahara desert sand dunes were double the size at the LGM, that means that groups settling coastal Egypt BROUGHT PLANTS for agriculture to Egypt.

While many of the plants are Palestinian, so many other crops come from islands in the Mediterranean.

As for the Irish joke above, the RED heads of Egypt came from Cyprus and the Levant. They colonized the island of Cyprus c. 7500 BCE, when the first appearance of red head excarnation burials appear. Theoretically they attempted to colonize Egypt around the same time by boat. But Egypt was not fertile during that time, so they could only live by lakes, along rivers.

As other boat groups colonized the delta, red heads got pushed into south Egypt. Their originally burial practice of excarnation encompassed the Vulture goddess as vultures were used to pick bones clean. But the 2nd style of excarnation is what became mummification.

The 2nd style of excarnation burial was painting a dead body with a substance and burying it in the ground. The substance was supposed to attract worms and vermin to devour the flesh of the corpse.

But in Egypt's arid desert, red heads from Cyprus and the Levant who attempted this 2nd form of excarnation burial in Egypt wound up with mummies. Egypt's dry, arid air and sand mummified any body they tried to excarnate.

Thus the red heads Vulture Goddess was placed on the Egyptian crown. Even Seti I was a red head.

Egypt was not all black. Only a white-hater would spew such nonsense.

Egypt was a melting pot of different racial groups of different origins.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: MapMistress

Papyrus is native to Africa, its latin name Cyperus papyrus is not derived from Cyprus, but actually derived from Latin cyperos, a kind of rush, in turn from Greek kypeiros, "a sedge". whereas the current pack leader for the unknown etymology of Cyprus imo is derived from aes Cyprium, "metal of Cyprus", i.e. copper

In Egyptian the name of the plant is wadj or djet

Loved your info about the redheads, I would suggest that the original genetics for that came from the pre Thracian peoples, who were usually described as red haired and blue eyed, some of their tombs are annotated with the name "Rufus", which means "redhead"

Until recently the excuse made in academia for red headed mummies was that the dark pigment degraded after death, leaving red. But since then its been discovered that some pharaohs were actually redheads in life, long before death. (The academic claim for red from dark still holds true, but its the wrong answer here). Again then by academia this was attributed to dye (henna). Then iirc with a close examination of Seti I it was discovered that although his hair was white (died in his eighties iirc) and dyed red his follicles contained red pigment in the roots, so before his hair was white it was red in his youth. Set I was the father of the legendary Ramses II, who was also determined to be a red head from microscopic analysis

There's a great page on the evidence for red headed Egyptians here, though the colour is more often described as "natural auburn" than ginger
www.egyptorigins.org...
edit on 31-7-2016 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

why does one need DNA when it is common knowledge?

en.wikipedia.org...

The Ptolemaic dynasty /ˌtɒləˈmeɪ.ᵻk/ (Ancient Greek: Πτολεμαῖοι, Ptolemaioi), sometimes also known as the Lagids /ˈlædʒᵻdz/ or Lagidae /ˈlædʒᵻˌdiː/ (Ancient Greek: Λαγίδαι, Lagidai, after Lagus, Ptolemy I's father), was a Macedonian Greek[1][2][3][4][5] royal family which ruled the Ptolemaic Kingdom in Egypt during the Hellenistic period. Their rule lasted for 275 years, from 305 BC to 30 BC.

They were the last dynasty of ancient Egypt. Ptolemy, one of the seven somatophylakes (bodyguards) who served as Alexander the Great's generals and deputies, was appointed satrap of Egypt after Alexander's death in 323 BC. In 305 BC, he declared himself King Ptolemy I, later known as "Soter" (saviour). The Egyptians soon accepted the Ptolemies as the successors to the pharaohs of independent Egypt. Ptolemy's family ruled Egypt until the Roman conquest of 30 BC

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: digital01anarchy

why does one need DNA when it is common knowledge?

en.wikipedia.org...

The Ptolemaic dynasty /ˌtɒləˈmeɪ.ᵻk/ (Ancient Greek: Πτολεμαῖοι, Ptolemaioi), sometimes also known as the Lagids /ˈlædʒᵻdz/ or Lagidae /ˈlædʒᵻˌdiː/ (Ancient Greek: Λαγίδαι, Lagidai, after Lagus, Ptolemy I's father), was a Macedonian Greek[1][2][3][4][5] royal family which ruled the Ptolemaic Kingdom in Egypt during the Hellenistic period. Their rule lasted for 275 years, from 305 BC to 30 BC.

They were the last dynasty of ancient Egypt. Ptolemy, one of the seven somatophylakes (bodyguards) who served as Alexander the Great's generals and deputies, was appointed satrap of Egypt after Alexander's death in 323 BC. In 305 BC, he declared himself King Ptolemy I, later known as "Soter" (saviour). The Egyptians soon accepted the Ptolemies as the successors to the pharaohs of independent Egypt. Ptolemy's family ruled Egypt until the Roman conquest of 30 BC

Well to start with, Ancient is most often used to refer to civilisations that existed before the rise of Rome, so the Ptolemy's don't count

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Actually they were Arabs kinda like the Egyptians of today and much like most of North Africa from Morocco East.

Well, actually, no. Many people in West Africa, such as the Annang people (what is now known as the Calabar and Cross-river state in Nigeria and formerly Biafra) moved there from Egypt some 10,000+ years ago. Books have been written about it by anthropologists. And they are black. My wife is from there.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: moniker

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Actually they were Arabs kinda like the Egyptians of today and much like most of North Africa from Morocco East.

Well, actually, no. Many people in West Africa, such as the Annang people (what is now known as the Calabar and Cross-river state in Nigeria and formerly Biafra) moved there from Egypt some 10,000+ years ago. Books have been written about it by anthropologists. And they are black. My wife is from there.

Not buying it.
I've seen the reference, but it's 7500 BC, not 10,000+ years ago.
But I don't buy that either.
Anthropology at present seems to think they migrated from Cameroon. Link

Harte

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join