It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Building My personal religion: Cognitive Universalism

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I'm making a new religion (this religion is purly to suit my own personal beliefs and it's okay to not like it, it's built for me, by me afterall, but feel free to accept it as your own and become a Desiple of Universal Cognition): Cognitive Universalism. It's pretty much what all religions say, with a bit of a twist on perspective. It's a religion without tributes to a higher power, it's a free thinkers utopia, it's respect for how we got to where we are today.

This is document 1 of chapter 0:

The combination of the vessel(body), thought or mind(or soul if you want), and the universe (god, source, our birth giver, origins, pick one it's all the same.)

This religion has many "gods" or birth givers as we will refer to them. But the three prominent are:

Our first birth giver is the universe in the state of order:

- Order gave birth to Light, Light gave birth to Entropy, Entropy gave birth to Chaos, (the universe in a state of disorder, our secondary birth giver is Chaos.), Chaos gave birth to Possibility, Possibility gave birth to Probability, Probability gave birth to Certainty (The sun, our third and prime life giver, is formed here), Certainty gave birth to Life (Nature), Life gave birth to us and all living things both cognitive and not. This is our orgins, these are our many, many Gods, to which we owe our cognitive gratitude to each equally. To which none are favored more than the other, because they are all nessesary for our existence.
edit on 14-7-2016 by DeadCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Interesting. Should you actually wish to follow through a couple of suggestions:

1. Change the name to the "Universalist Church" or something simple and more catchy.

2. There are a few books you can read that can help you in actually starting up your own religion. Helping you get 501c3 status, etc...

May the luck of the seven pillars of Gulu be with you at all times!

a reply to: DeadCat

edit on 14-7-2016 by AutOmatIc because: spelling

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Just don't let secret societies or power-hungry individuals twist the message for their own bloodthirsty desires. That's something I'd be weary of, just looking at history and whatnot

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AutOmatIc

That's funny, 7 pillars and I happen to have 7 birth givers here that give birth to life.

Order (Unity of the universe)
Light
Entropy
Chaos (Disorder of the universe)
Possibility
Probability
Certainty (The sun)

They work together to create life.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
In my religion, we are generation 9 birth givers.

1. Order
2. Light
3. Entropy
4. Chaos
5. Possibility
6. Probability
7. Certainty
8. Life (Nature)
9. Human (Our physical bodies and brain.)
10. Humanity, morality, self, thought
11. Emotion, abstract thinking
12. Peace, tranquility, inner infinity

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Seems like you are reinventing the wheel here. I am sure it is not a deliberate plagiarism but you have ,in your own way, described the path of the lightning flash down the qabalistic Tree of Life. Names have been changed and descriptions altered.

On the other hand, perhaps you are a qabalist and are disguising and changing some meanings deliberately.

Cognitive Universalism !!!!???

edit on 14-7-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: crowdedskies

I haven't borrowed anything, but in my opinion all religions have the same end goal, and striking similarities, mine is no different. The names and descriptions or some ideology bent to better frame my own mind at peace. A sum of my personal core beliefs.

There is more to come that I know for a fact is a mix of Hinduism and Buddisum. Both duality and non duality, Deity of self, or gods, ect.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadCat

I haven't borrowed anything, but in my opinion all religions have the same end goal, and striking similarities, mine is no different. The names and descriptions or some ideology bent to better frame my own mind at peace. A sum of my personal core beliefs.

There is more to come that I know for a fact is a mix of Hinduism and Buddisum. Both duality and non duality, Deity of self, or gods, ect.

I know for sure that you have not borrowed anything and the penny is dropping naturally. Keep at it.

edit on 14-7-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Do not most religions and theology have their own tree of life in some aspect or another? A path thou shalt follow to attain peace.

My personal opinions and interpretations will truly show when we get down to the details of life, death, and the after life.

For example: There is no opposing force. The universe did not create the consept of heaven or hell, good or evil, demon and angel, for WE are the creators of morality, not they. WE limit only oursleves with these ideas on our path to peace. We can blame no other birth giver for our conseptual endevors.

Preciate the support!

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Not to be disrespectful, deadcat, but between seeing the "e" left out of "purely" so it became "purr-ly," attendant to your screen name, and then with the cognitive stuff, all I could think of was cognitive dissonance, which is more familiar to me, these days, than any religious thought of any sort.....
regards,
tetra50

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

Ahmahgad. No offense taken, I am human, not an English major (thank God or we all be in trouble.)

Cognition is the act of awareness, taking from your surroundings and experience through a process of thought, and your senses that enable you to experience reality.

Religion is just a set of beliefs, morals, and worship of "gods" which in my religion gods are just forces or events in nature, which I attiubute my existance to, and therefore worship them with remembrance and mental graditude.

My screen name is DeadCat because curiosity killed the cat, and I am very curious.

Not sure your point.. but as I said, this merely suits me on a personal level, it is honestly meant for no one else. So it's okay.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
keep talking and I'll keep reading. anything that could save me and I could get behind I'm willing to entertain, truly.
Good on you for even trying to develop something that does this for yourself, and/or anyone else.
tetra

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I think it's smart to tell the potter what you want to be......when you are the clay, mister!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

Once again, preciate the support. Not everyone will get behind my ideas, and I may lose some support once I get into the afterlife aspect of things. But it's important to keep an open mind, as well, it is important to understand the human psyche. I will do my best to keep things relatively simple, but the end result is a consept I have not found in any ideology or religion, unless I am just explaining the consept in a more modern and straight forward manner.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Chapter 0: A synopsis
This combination of ideology, theology, and religion, is built from the bottom up in-order to merely state the current beliefs of a single individual.
He is not a deity, he is not a scholar, he is not a priest. He is merely a man looking for salvation, for peace, through his core beliefs, as all men do. At the end of it all, you will understand his beliefs, and why the following paragraphs are a necessity to his salvation. You the reader, can replace his definition of salvation with your own as the definition of salvation is unique to the individual. He hopes the following will help you guide yourself to your salvation in the very same process as he.

(To be continued.)

edit on 15-7-2016 by DeadCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
(Continued.)

Before we begin the story of his journey to salvation, we must first briefly define what salvation means to him.

His salvation-

He hopes to find acceptance, not from an entity, not from another person, not from society, but from himself.

He hopes to find inner peace through morality, awareness, and sense of truly undeniable attachment to the enticing beauty that is the universe and everything in it.

He hopes to continue to find knowledge, it is what drives his very being, for it is the beauty of truth which he seeks so restlessly.

He hopes to lead a meaningful life, guided in the right direction by these very paragraphs.

He hopes to leave an impression via his words, that will ultimately lead to the salvation of others, for he has always shared knowledge of many names with others openly and without expectation.

He hopes to not fear death, for it is inevitable and must be accepted and understood, less you be caught off guard, and know not where to turn.

He hopes to understand as many aspects of reality, the universe, life, death, and there after, as he can.

To learn, to share, to live, to love, to die with a sound and peaceful conscience.. This is his salvation.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   
These are the principles which he believes will guide him to his final salvation, which he believes you may also pick and choose from them to find your own, or even add your own principles as you see fit:

Gratitude
Self awareness
Good will toward others
Acceptance of others
Knowledge
Modesty
Honesty to self and others
Experience
Sincerity
Compassion
Truth
Lack of judgement
Modest detachment from ones Ego
Health (Emotional, mental, and physical.)
Understanding
Detachment of materialism
Acceptance of ones duality (If such duality is present to the individual.)
Acceptance of universal duality (The balance of "Good" and "Evil".. +, -.. Order and Chaos. Each is necessary and each has contributed to his current state of existence.)
Acceptance of death
Acceptance of the unknown
Open to self correction and development

One must understand that these are only suggestions. If you do not believe that following a certain principle will bring you happiness or closer to your salvation, then surly it will not. One must want to follow said principle, not blindly follow. If you blindly follow something you do not believe in, you are ignoring yourself, your desires, your personal happiness, your salvation.

Down the road he may find that he does not agree with one of these principles.. and that's okay. That is his desire, that is his thought process, that is his reality. You must follow the ideals that radiate with your being, as those are the ones to guide you. Those are the ones you believe in. Those are the ones that will permit change of self.

He sees the beauty in the thought that no birth giver other than Humanity has created these consepts. For it was not Order nor Chaos, nor was it Nature that thought these principles into existence. Humanity has created the conseptual tools with which it can use to attain salvation. Humanity has given birth to Emotion, morality.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Hi DeadCat.

You have a very interesting"religion" and mind thought of how to go around it... Thumbs up.

I do hope it works out for you,, i also believe in the nature of all things within our universe/Earth that can bring Enlightenment.

I'd be glad to see what happens with your religion in the coming weeks/months.. Good luck.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
And what gave birth to order?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ssenerawa
And what gave birth to order?

Good question. You find the answer to that, let me know and I'll add it.

I'm sure we would all love to know the answer. But what have birth to order is unknown. The importance of noting the birth givers is to be conciously aware of your known origions. In other words. Cognitively concluding that the birth giver of Order, may never be known, and that's okay.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join