It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The USA is the "best country in the world"-- Which countries might be better in some ways.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
Nice.. I would probably want to live in Milano or Florence.

Better off in a medium size town in the Tuscan countryside.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok
I can get behind the idea of working as a team vs individualism. That's how ants work. Ants are communists.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Texas

Between Austin, San Antonio, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and hundreds of miles of coastline the culture if very diverse and the cost of living is relatively low. Best nation in the Union.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I don't want any country bashing in here.

So this is not the thread to mention I would not go back to England until Crazyewok and Nonspecific get deported?

You can cope with me here then...interesting...I do try to offend everyone equally in turn, must have missed you along the line.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1
japan i want to go to the suicide forest

but do you want to leave the suicide forest?

Anyhow, I think the word 'best" is interpretive. If you are seeking out adult entertainment, living outside of Amsterdam would be a blast no doubt. If you are seeking ancient culture, then east Asia may be your cup of tea. If however you are more wanting a happy and healthy child rearing experience, maybe Norway is more your fit. etc. It depends on what you are wanting.
You cant tell me living in some suburban apartment in Wyoming watching the hours of your life tick away is better than exploring the German taverns, the temples of japan, or the pyramids of Giza if you are an adventurous spirit..alternatively, if you are retiring, a Mexican chateau overlooking a beautiful harbor is far better than living than a studio apartment in new jersey, etc.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

You promised to buy me a drink sometime back, the other two cheapskates didn't.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Yes

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

You really want warm british beer?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

If it's free I could tolerate it.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Oh come on, the UK wins hands down, we're the worlds best at roasting pretty much anything as even our French enemies agreed, also we have proper bacon as that crap you call bacon is more like streaky stuff we used to use for our roasts before tin foil became so much available.

And as for the ancient art of urine extraction from our politicians we've been at it so long its become a national institution.....make a joke about a 18/19th century US president and people will call for the drones to bomb them to the stone age while in the UK we'll just say read punch or watch blackadder as we've got it all covered.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
Oh come on, the UK wins hands down,

Bah, nonsense. the UK only has that awesome accent. everything else is garbage.

watch blackadder as we've got it all covered.

well ok, you got blackadder. but otherwise..garbage!

and no, your jaffa cakes are also garbage! same with marmite!

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

a reply to: TonyS
Nice.. I would probably want to live in Milano or Florence.

Milan is a graffiti ridden sh*t hole. Don't bother. Italy is beautiful though and forget France with regards to food, Italy has the best food by a large margin in Europe. I say Europe because the food in Lebanon is transcendent. Coupled with the their legendary hospitality and generosity, it's a great combination. In fact, I can assure you guys most of the middle east, other than the extreme countries like Saudi Arabia, are unbearably generous, friendly and accommodating.

I adore french people as well. Other Than parisians, they are incredibly friendly.
edit on 14-7-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014
Maybe Dubai?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

a reply to: 3danimator2014
Maybe Dubai?

Well, the people in Dubai are very friendly, but id rather go next door to Oman. Excpetionaly friendly and with great history. And beautiful desert, mountains, sea. Dubai isnt my personal cup of tea
edit on 14-7-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I can also report that Slovenia (not slovakia) is an amazing place to live. I was there every month while going out with a Slovenian girl. The country is stunning, the people are beautiful, friendly and the country is rich. Its got it all. Plus the freshest tasting beer i have ever drunk. Lasko

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Definitely Canada.

Why? Well, for one thing it is just like the USA in many ways.

The road signs, the motels, the restaurant chains, the stores, clothes, language, on and on...

Except, with only 1/10th the population, so 1/10th the problems.

Plus, more land than the USA. Canada is huge, vast, lots of space for that smaller population to spread out if they wish to.

There's no corruption in Canada. Well, even if there is, it's a joke compared to the USA.

There was one Pot Smoking Mayor of a major city. But, that was the strangest anomaly.

There are no dead bodies connected with any Canadian politician. Literally, none. Nada. Not a single one.

Think about that.

Every president that enters the Oval Office brings with him a string of dead people, dying of mysterious suicides, strange accidents, and unlikely disappearances.

Most Americans would run to Canada if they could. It's the first country Americans investigate as possible place to move to whenever a problem turns up in the US. Strange enough, when the Brexit vote came in, lots of people in Britain also began investigating Canada as a place to move to, to escape the madness in Europe.

Canada has the smallest immigration of any advanced nation on earth. Immigration is strictly controlled, waiting lists are long, but there are still people from all over the world there. So, you'll still find your blend of Japanese restaurants, and Chinese restaurants, Indian food, etc..

The Banking system in Canada is the strongest in the world. There's no possibility of collapse there. Capital requirements were always very strict.

Canada has the only sensible Health Care system, far superior to the crazy US Obamacare. In the US the gov tells you that you must buy insurance, but they don't provide it, so each person has to visit the sharks to get insurance. The problem with being forced to purchase insurance from the private industry is that you must pay all the markup.

When an insurance co sells insurance, the premium contains things like marketing costs, broker compensation fees, and all sorts of additional things private companies include to cover their "competitive" operations. When the gov provides the insurance, your premium is just the bare insurance required to cover claims as determined by mathematical statistics. There's no need to add marketing markup, etc.., because there's no competition to add costs to the sale. So, in Canada you get the best of all worlds, the least insurance premium, the smallest headache, the smoothest transactions.

It makes no sense to buy insurance from private corporations, because the only part of the insurance premium that the private companies can reduce to compete among each other is the "markup'". That markup contains their marketing fees, broker compensation, and profits. No private insurance company can reduce the insurance premium below the floor set by the mathematical statics on actual claims, so you can never get a better deal than buying insurance from the government that doesn't have these extra expenses to pad the premiums with.

This is something the USA has yet to figure out.

Canada has the worlds largest deposit of "fresh water". Many states in the US are always running out of water, like California, Florida, Georgia, etc..Canada exports water to the rest of the world.

Canada has some of the largest deposits of minerals, especially potash, which is used to make fertilizer, which in turn is used to grow food. So, food and water is completely covered. Then there's oil.

Whatever you ask for, Canada's got it. It even has sunshine, but you've got to go to British Columbia for that.

So, yeh, I can't see any other nation competing with Canada for that top spot.

There, is one problem though. The US pays more for talent. So, all the talented Canadians tend to run down to the USA to earn bigger paychecks. Even so, many come right back to Canada to make their movies, etc..

Oh well. One nation can't be best in everything. The ideal life is a US paycheck, with a home in Canada.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Really? ...I must have been drunk at the time

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Really? ...I must have been drunk at the time

Pretty sure you were hammered out of your gourd.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Pretty sure you were hammered out of your gourd.

That would explain it then

I reckon it would be a laugh getting mullered at the pub with Crazyewok and Nonspecific though. I'd argue and laugh with them about various differing issues. Just like my eclectic mix of mates in real life.

Your good self?
...if you joined us I'd whisper to a bouncer to keep an eye on you, making up some lie about touching women up, dealing coke on their patch, or something else amusing and equally effective.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Has Chile been cited here?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join