It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Human soul: A 3rd form of Unclassifiable Energy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Since science can't prove nor disprove that the human soul is indeed a form of energy, it will always be discredited as being energy at all in my opinion. Should the human soul/chakras have their own form of energy? They don't fit into kinetic -- the energy of movement, nor are they a form of potential energy. Basically the big question here is: If the science allows the human soul to be a form of energy at some point, would that also mean that science proves the existence of ghosts? The Law of Thermodynamics states that energy cannot be created nor destroyed, and that it can only change form. When a human being dies their physical energy is depleted but what happens to the soul? It seems highly unlikely that it just dissipates into thin air. Could it be that the sould changes into a higher or lower form of energy? For example: During paranormal studies there have been low frequency sounds below the human audible range. Could this be in part because the soul of that person exists in a lower form? Anyway, sorry if my thoughts are discordant here. It's hard to make a good case for such as seculative topic, let alone explain it consicely. Agree - disagree?

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Consciousness is a form of energy that permeates all existence. We are aware of our conscious bodies, that's all. It is indeed a different form of energy - it is the spirit of the universe itself.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
It is my belief that the soul is indeed an energy form containing an essence of some type. We are essentially spiritual beings having a human experience....living inside of a shell in order to have this human experience.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I agree with you. I believe our soul can be described as energy that, I suppose could be extreme low frequency. However energies can be turned into something else, can it not?

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I guess, we will have to wait a few thousand years to answer these questions.... I'll wait up.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
You know...there are quickier ways to find out it the soul exist...

If a group of scientists, physicians are willing to induce a force OBE on a volunteer person...I dont think most people would want to do so...(yet, that doesn't mean it has not happened...)

I think it is been proven already that a soul exist...but this knowledge is not available to the public...maybe due to moral and ethical issues...

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   

It is my belief that the soul is indeed an energy form containing an essence of some type. We are essentially spiritual beings having a human experience....living inside of a shell in order to have this human experience.

Hey, I heard a similar comment somewhere. Can you give me a clue about where it was from?

I don't think that inducing an OBE will be efficient as we probably don't have the technology to detect these changes yet. Not to mention that if something happens to the person who takes part in the OBE, it would set research in this field back by MANY years.

Sometimes I feel like a puppet. I don't feel connected to my body. I look in the mirror and I don't acknoledge what I see as myself. When I am alone, in the dark, and deep in thought, I feel truly like myself. When I don't feel my body. We are just vessels for something but I don't like the idea that I am just a part of a universal conciousness. Although it provides some comfort, it also makes me feel like an amnniesa patient.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It has been a saint who could fly, I just can not remember the name. It was told by Catholics that this saint was so joyous was able to fly to the poor and make it possible to help more people by doing so. Some say it can not happen, remember that with the Holy spirit we can acheive things, even fly. No it is not the flying nun........lol People did see him fly. It is an energy that is vibrating on a very high level, but if it vibrate at a low level this means you have not reached the higher level of self Consciousness. I do believe that we have more energy than you know, if we believed in it. If one could look at most religion what do they have in common? I mean be serious! Meditation! (did I spell it right?) It where you pray and get lost in your own world of thought and time does have no meaning. Does this make sense to anyone? I hear the hecklers coming with their keyboards.......lol

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Did a search on the subject and here is what I come up with.

The human soul is shaped very much like a rough gemstone

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by damefool
Did a search on the subject and here is what I come up with.

The human soul is shaped very much like a rough gemstone

Thanks damefool. It was different and what was said hit the spot for me. This was something I could not explain to people or myself. I understand a little more than I did before. This is cool to discover from you.
But does this mean I have to wait another million years to be a perfect gem? lol

[edit on 18-1-2005 by ancientsailor]

[edit on 18-1-2005 by ancientsailor]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
ok so im new and all... i have always wanted to talk to people about this sorta stuff.. anyhoo..

the theorys behind "after life" and where the dead persons mind set "goes to" kinda play with my head a lil and i tihnk if i was more anylitical about this topic i think i may end up in a loony bin.

the fact that no one canconfidently say that our mind set or souls if ya like, just cease to exist.. it cant be posible. a freind of mine say that maybe it kind of "recycles". i think about this and only say to it that if thats the case why dont we know who we where... why dont we remember stuff from before... is this what deja'vu is... us remembering lil tidbits of our past life.. that kinda rules out that theory... i do believe we go elsewhere. and our "energy" or soul never ceases to exist. i can't if we cant get our heads around that then it can't be possible...

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The Law of Conservation of Mass

1. Matter can be neither created nor destroyed during a chemical change
2. The total mass of all substances must be equal to the total mass after a chemical change
3. There can be no loss of mass nor gain of mass during a chemical change

So, perhaps when you "die", your soul (assuming we have one) would still remain just in a different form.

top topics

join