It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ginsburg Dissent in Hobby Lobby Case Made into a Song

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I just came across this today, though it was from June 2014. He doesn't have the greatest voice, but the face that this is so singable and he figured that out is a talent. I have the idea that more people would pay attention to judicial opinions if they could be made into a form like this for mass consumption. The song really highlights key point of a brilliant dissent.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I never saw this before. Thanks. I loved it! I hope they play it at RBG's memorial service, a long time from now.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Good video. Heres another one of one of my favorite bands doing the Scalia dissent recently...

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I never saw this before. Thanks. I loved it! I hope they play it at RBG's memorial service, a long time from now.

That's "The Notorious RBG".

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

The New York Post had her as Darth Bader on this morning's cover.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

And another... Mitch McConnel's.

a reply to: SteamyJeans

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SteamyJeans

I do love anything Funny or Die. The words in those decisions begged to have a song made, they made little sense, not to speak ill of the dead.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: reldra

The New York Post had her as Darth Bader on this morning's cover.

Oh wow...I just found that. And depicts Trump as Han Solo in carbonite. I wonder who they favor? lol

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Certainly not Madame Pantsuit. The Post had a decidedly conservative editorial page slant. They will not endorse Clinton.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Ya I found it to be a pretty clever little tune..

Only complaint is that the Band in question has always been NON POLITICAL...to me that is a good thing....seeing these videos was a bit of a bummer in that regard, but at least they are using a sense of humor with it.

Good thread. I always appreciate an opportunity to sneak some Coheed into someones brain...

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Certainly not Madame Pantsuit. The Post had a decidedly conservative editorial page slant. They will not endorse Clinton.

I am actually realizing just now that the Post is conservative. I had really just thought it to mainly be a tabloid with no slant.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Nope, owned by News Corp. Out of the two big New York tabloids the Post has a conservative spin while the Daily News has a liberal one.

I do like the Post sports section the best however.

new topics

top topics

join