It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energy absorption

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Does anyone else have any experience with absorbing energy from natural sources to fuel their internal energy? Or any stories about people who can?

Like passive solar energy absorption, active cloud plasma absorption, stuff like that.

557x

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Only personal anecdotes.

If i can add I'd be happy to. What are you looking for?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
There's a good book called "Melanin: energy from light and the soul's ascent"

It talks about the scientific basis for melanin-mediated ATP (energy) production from sunlight and water, and then goes to discuss the spiritual implications of this ethereal energy source. Paracelsus, a 16th century occultist, was described as having lived "several years by taking only one half scrupule of Solar Quintessence"

Me, personally, I have felt an intense cognitive/spiritual upliftment during times of water fasting (abstaining from food, drinking water, getting sunlight). This may be the original purpose of being baptized with water, it purifies the body and opens your spiritual sensation - A release of your material anchor.
edit on 14-7-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Mrgone

I'm open to hearing anything. The things that have been happening, nothing surprises me anymore
I'm just seeking answers as to what is happening to me.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

I have this ritual I do every morning when I can. Wake up, drink some water. Then go out to the garden and trim some plants, soaking in some morning sun for about an hour. It does seem to energize me. Don't need to eat until around an hour or two before sunset.

557x

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
There's a good book called "Melanin: energy from light and the soul's ascent"

It talks about the scientific basis for melanin-mediated ATP (energy) production from sunlight and water, and then goes to discuss the spiritual implications of this ethereal energy source. Paracelsus, a 16th century occultist, was described as having lived "several years by taking only one half scrupule of Solar Quintessence"

Me, personally, I have felt an intense cognitive/spiritual upliftment during times of water fasting (abstaining from food, drinking water, getting sunlight). This may be the original purpose of being baptized with water, it purifies the body and opens your spiritual sensation - A release of your material anchor.

The way the human body works is that cellular waste products are left outside the cell membranes until they are needed or are converted into fat.

Doing exercise and fasting burns off the fat. But fasting alone will help use up all those waste products.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5plus5and7withX

I'm open to hearing anything. The things that have been happening, nothing surprises me anymore
I'm just seeking answers as to what is happening to me.
ok. I learned a long time ago that i can drain a person at a distance. Make them exhausted. Not everyone. And some can feel it.

I figured out somewhere in my early thirties that it was not unlike stealing to take from someone without permission so i don't. If I'm particularly moody i can do it on accident.

My wife can feel it more than any other partner I've had. I've made her pass out on accident occasionally from across the room and the first time she felt me from ten miles away i tried an experiment. I drove buy a dry docked antique red boat on the Tacoma waterfront and asked her through a text to describe what i saw. She said a red canoe. Close.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

That is very fascinating. How does it go? Do you visualize energy being transferred or do you actually see the energy? What is the process?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Is this book a product of blatantly racist Afro-centrism?

I already added it to my reading list but if this book is coloured by notions of black superiority I'm not interested.

(In case you didn't know books about the power of melanin and the superiority of blacks(as well as the evil of whites) is a staple in Afro-centric literature)

Also, is there some legitimacy to the scientific claims in this book or is it an exercise in pseudoscience?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod

Is this book a product of blatantly racist Afro-centrism?

I already added it to my reading list but if this book is coloured by notions of black superiority I'm not interested.

I saw no afrocentric tone, the book plainly stated that those with lighter skin tones just have to take a bit to adapt (get a tan) to acquire the same benefits as dark-skinned people do in sunlight. Melanin within the body, as exhibited in the pineal gland, locus coeruleus, and nigra striatum, is also discussed.

Also, is there some legitimacy to the scientific claims in this book or is it an exercise in pseudoscience?

The author goes into detail about the proposed mechanism. It is mostly based off already known science such as the electron transport chain - essentially it is stated that melanin catalyzes a photon-induced splitting of the water molecule into H2 and O2 gas, which are the two gases required for ATP production in the electron transport chain. What blew my mind was that melanosomes (melanin-harboring organelles) are physically attached to mitochondria - all supported by peer-reviewed papers. I was really impressed. The second half of the book discusses the spiritual implications as well.

originally posted by: stormcell

Doing exercise and fasting burns off the fat. But fasting alone will help use up all those waste products.

I've found that just one day of fasting effectively cleanses my body back to an archetypal physiology.

Don't need to eat until around an hour or two before sunset.

Yeah once I got used to intermittent fasting, I began to prefer such a lifestyle - I felt much more cognitive lucidity without blood-flow having to attend to the gut.
edit on 15-7-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Wow that is really fascinating! I heard about so-called sunworshippers amongst mystics in India who do not need to eat, but just sun themselves in the morning to get energy. It's what initially sparked my curiosity.

Then I recently read an article regarding bacteria that can obtain energy directly from electrons, which made me think the stories of the sunworshippers may somehow be plausible. The article mentioned that life is basically a flow of electrons.

Here's the link if you are interested - www.newscientist.com...

557x

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 5plus5and7withX
I'm not sure what you're after here. On the one hand you post a scientific article as if the science means something (which it probably does).

On the other hand you post your thread in the paranormal forum which means that there's no science because if there was, it wouldn't be paranormal, it would be science.

The bacteria are using electrical energy, not sunlight. The sun emits free electrons but they never make it to the earth's surface so what we get on Earth's surface from the sun are photons which are different from electrons in many ways.

The article confirms this as it doesn't say the human equivalent would be sunbathing, it would be sticking your fingers in an electrical wall socket. I don't recommend it. Humans and bacteria have different biology as do plants so what works for bacteria or plants as energy sources doesn't necessarily work for humans.

There was allegedly a "controlled experiment" to monitor one of the Indian fakers who supposedly got his energy from the sun and claimed he didn't eat food at all, and a reporter got interested in the story and contacted the "researcher" who at first invited the reporter to observe. But after finding out this reporter was really nosy and would want to truly verify the experiment, eventually he was denied because it was fake.

However, I went water skiing in a lake when the water was still cold in March. So I was feeling kind of chilly. When I got back to the boat I stretched out on the sundeck and soaked up some sunlight, and it warmed me up.

As you know the human body maintains a constant temperature so if I hadn't done that, I would have had to eat more to burn more calories to stay warm, but since the sun warmed my body, I could eat less food, so in this sense yes you can get thermal energy from the sun that reduces your caloric needs to maintain body temperature. However there's no science to support the hoaxer's claims that you can get all your energy from the sun without eating, and as the reporter found out when he tried to verify that claim, it's a hoax which is why they refused to allow the journalist to observe.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Sounds interesting, I will have to get to it some time.. =)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Photons hitting certain chemicals produce an electron flow. It's how photosynthesis and solar panels work.

I posted a science article here because I strongly believe that paranormal is just science that hasn't been fully uncovered due to lack of data, mostly because we don't have proper and reliable detectors.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   
If you are looking for a paranormal explanation, you could do a search for psychic vampires. Supposedly they can drain the energy from other people, supposedly by accident if their body needs the energy. Fortunately most people don't believe anything they haven't seen themselves so by posting stories here, many will just think things are coincidences.

I myself have noticed a lot of weird energy events. I think it's really hard to attempt to prove anything weird unless it happens consistently and you can measure it and record it. If you can't, there will always be people saying it's all in your head. I have wondered if psychic vampire was a poorly chosen term and if it should be more like energy manipulator. I have had problems with static electricity charges during all seasons. I'm not experiencing any problems lately though.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

a reply to: Arbitrageur

Photons hitting certain chemicals produce an electron flow. It's how photosynthesis and solar panels work.

I posted a science article here because I strongly believe that paranormal is just science that hasn't been fully uncovered due to lack of data, mostly because we don't have proper and reliable detectors.
It seems like you're contradicting yourself because you talk about how we have detectors to measure these things and then you say we don't.

We don't know everything but we do know that human skin doesn't react to sunlight the same way as a photovoltaic cell, or a plant, etc.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 5plus5and7withX

Thank you for that affirmation --- I've read or been told both of those things ... drink water and go outdoors as soon as I wake up. I've sporadically done these things wondering if it really made a difference. Now I know I haven't been imagining the positive effects ... motivation to carry on :-)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Wow that is really fascinating! I heard about so-called sunworshippers amongst mystics in India who do not need to eat, but just sun themselves in the morning to get energy. It's what initially sparked my curiosity.

Then I recently read an article regarding bacteria that can obtain energy directly from electrons, which made me think the stories of the sunworshippers may somehow be plausible. The article mentioned that life is basically a flow of electrons.

Here's the link if you are interested - www.newscientist.com...

557x

Yeah apparently incoming light photons, catalyzed by the photopigment melanin, split water into H2 and O2 gas - H2 is the ideal antioxidant and therefore is an ideal electron donor

new topics

top topics

join