It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebony Editor Isn’t Sure Killing White People Should Be Considered a ‘Hate Crime’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: secretboss
I know the racists hate to be reminded, but....non-whites, especially blacks in America, CANNOT be racist. Period.

If blacks had any real power, you might have had a case for a hate crime against whites, but thats really not the case, is it?

I bet some of the racists here think its a "hate crime" if a black slave were to revolt against his white slave master.

I guess we don't have a black president?

edit on 15-7-2016 by FaunaOrFlora because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

When a black person states that it wasn't a hate crime when it clearly was a hate crime, it means they personally do not want to heal any real or perceived racial divide that exists, plain and simple.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
FYI, This is the same dumb bitch that said "Nothing says let's go kill some Muslims like country music"

This bitch is hostile and racist to white culture and white people in general. Why can't people like her be the ones who get slaughtered in droves in terrorist attacks?

youtu.be...
edit on 15-7-2016 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist

Why do you and some others put so much faith in the media and buy into the narrative? Why do you allow the media and others to manipulate your emotions and perspective so easily? Why allow the manufacturing of anger to continue at your own expense? Why do you treat the news as gospel? Treat it like ATS - it's just humans sharing their views.

Talk about missing the forest for the trees...

This is not just about one idiotic person demonstrating a double standard in their views. The deeper issue here is how this person can openly advocate such views in a public setting without fear of any genuine repercussions. If a white person expressed similar views on the topic of hate crimes perpetrated against black people, not only would their social media accounts be bombarded with hate, they would lose their job, be socially ostracised, universally condemned and branded a racist, incur legal action against them, become the victim of harassment etc..

What you are suggesting is "turn the other cheek" to a blatant double standard that seems to be socially acceptable, legally negligible and morally permissible all because the race of the victims are the wrong colour.

edit on 15/7/2016 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

But Killing Black People Is a Hate Crime to him ? I see a Logic there that is so Flawed that I dare say this Man is Voicing an Opinion of Racism against White People Publicly . Am I somehow Mistaken about that ? Hmm.....

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

I know the racists hate to be reminded, but....non-whites, especially blacks in America, CANNOT be racist. Period.

Have you been smoking the crack?

Exactly where is there an exemption for racism based on race?

That's literally racist in itself.

If a guy says "I want to kill white cops" an then guns down several white cops, he is guilty of a hate crime. "Period".

He's smoking the "racism = racial discrimination + power" crack.

Which is #ing stupid anyway because power is relative. A poor white white family in a predominantly black neighborhood is at the bottom of the "power" totem pole, period.

It's insane that some people actually believe white people have some sort of power over other racial groups in the country.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The danger isn't him getting worked up its others watching it believing it and acting on it. We seem to be in a weird situation where ideas and problems are no longer discussed but instead acted upon.

I understand your perspective and can see where it could be valid. The OP, and some commentators in this thread, demonstrated to a lesser degree, what you state above: they (re)acted to the opinions (rhetoric) of what a few people had to say that was presented to them and then formed an image within their mind that paints a fear based narrative. The danger the OP speaks about begins when one allows their emotions, thoughts and worldview to be manipulated by news media and other external means and then acts upon them. Again, the OP is guilty of what he is speaks about to a lesser degree. Ironic.

Well I figure eventually all this hype created by the media will acomplish it's goal a whole new breed if racists. Guess hate is easier than understanding and sympathy.

I feel you. Again, I like to believe most grown people are not that dense to allow media to influence them -especially those here on ATS. However, it seems many still do.

Some people lack empathy. I agree. Some people possess hate towards different demographics and find it difficult to express love because they have lived a life of segregation. Most of these people who seem to express disdain and intolerance for others do not have a diverse set of friends who reflect the global community. If one cannot relate to another human; empathy is usually lacking, and hate becomes easier to nurture. The military industrial complex have been exploiting this for ages. How else can you get a human to give up their freedom and dreams to become a puppet for the army...?

Most of the racist and bigots (especially the ones who deny it) on this site, and in the world, do not have a diverse set of friends with eclectic taste. Most are not cultured at all. Their bias is unconscious. Some may not even be aware of their bigotry when they express themselves on social media and in coffee shops...

I figured people were smarter than we had thr guy here in Tennessee decided to start shooting white motorists on thr highway guess we need bullet proof glass.

America, with a population of 300 million plus, along with many who seem to be easily manipulated beyond just consumerism, with easy access to guns, along with the culture of violence it perpetuates, is going to have a few nuts like that guy in Tennessee and Dallas, Texas. The good news is most Americans are not that stupid and understand that everything you and I have stated is redundant.

Therefore, the OP is making a fuss about nothing. Unless, of course, he believes the opposite...
edit on 15-7-2016 by Involutionist because: Grammar and punctuation SUCKS!

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SM2
i guess it all comes down to "all animals are created equal, but some are more equal"

Want to see an open racist with no shame, look no further than that woman. We know what motivated this guy, he himself stated he wanted to kill white people. just because they were white, thats a text book case. Anyone saying anything different is a complete moron and a racist.
Exactly, you hit it on the dot. The editor is a real piece of work just like the cop killer was....

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

originally posted by: Involutionist

Why do you and some others put so much faith in the media and buy into the narrative? Why do you allow the media and others to manipulate your emotions and perspective so easily? Why allow the manufacturing of anger to continue at your own expense? Why do you treat the news as gospel? Treat it like ATS - it's just humans sharing their views.

Talk about missing the forest for the trees...

This is not just about one idiotic person demonstrating a double standard in their views. The deeper issue here is how this person can openly advocate such views in a public setting without fear of any genuine repercussions. If a white person expressed similar views on the topic of hate crimes perpetrated against black people, not only would their social media accounts be bombarded with hate, they would lose their job, be socially ostracised, universally condemned and branded a racist, incur legal action against them, become the victim of harassment etc..

What you are suggesting is "turn the other cheek" to a blatant double standard that seems to be socially acceptable, legally negligible and morally permissible all because the race of the victims are the wrong colour.

I Starred Your post there. I felt it needed to be quoted...
I couldn't agree with You more! Very well stated!!

edit on 15-7-2016 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

I did not miss anything. You simply did not understand the context of my message based on your response.

The deeper issue here is how this person can openly advocate such views in a public setting without fear of any genuine repercussions.

The answer is simple: It's called free speech.

If you want to know "why" that person was given a platform than go back and read my previous comment...

If a white person expressed similar views on the topic of hate crimes perpetrated against black people, not only would their social media accounts be bombarded with hate, they would lose their job, be socially ostracised, universally condemned and branded a racist, incur legal action against them, become the victim of harassment etc..

Perhaps that is true some of the times. Perhaps that is false some of the times. I'm pretty sure we can find examples for each...

Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees...

That is not what I was saying at all. Where in my words below that you quoted in your reply allowed you to come to that conclusion?

You missed my point entirely. I was basically stating: Stop allowing oneself to be manipulated by the words and opinions of others. Simple.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

That's always your rebuttal: that somebody didn't understand the "context" of your reply. Just cannot admit that your viewpoint is narrow-minded and quite possibly wrong, can you?

And I strongly suggest you refrain from using that idiom as you clearly don't understand its meaning.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I would think killing any one that's Human, would be considered a hate crime.

Is this lady on crack, how come people like this have a Voice in media at all? I'd be questioning this entire group. If anyone else said that, no associated with a 'Group' they'd be called Mentally Unstable, or something.

Crazy ....

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

“I have to say, I would not describe ‘hate crime’

If the police were failing to arrest those whose religion requires them to kill but will issue you a citation for driving 5 miles over the speed limit then I'd say the police are probably guilty of sedition. White or not.

You know when I was in the Coast Guard. I wasn't fond of sharks or swimming in the waters of the Chesapeak bay around lighthouses that stuck out of the middle of the water under a helicopter whose noise attracted sharks. Especially at night. For non emergency purposes like training. But I endured the apprehension and fear because it was my f-ing job.

Perhaps the police can demonstrate some of the same kind of matzee when apprehending members of the legislature who refuse to take action against this religion. Until then, what this guy did was no more hateful than the police bravado in failing to "protect and serve" except when issuing a speeding ticket. Religious sedition is not a problem as long as you worship space rocks in Mecca. Speeding, you can bet the police will show some shark defying matzee then. Because apprehending people whizzing past the speed limit at 5 over the limit violates the public safety in a way that religious sedition, in worshipping a religion which requires people to kill those who will not bow before idols encased in silver at Mecca, does not
edit on 16-7-2016 by Miracula2 because: shark defying matzee

edit on 16-7-2016 by Miracula2 because: spelling and grammar

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost
a reply to: Involutionist

That's always your rebuttal: that somebody didn't understand the "context" of your reply. Just cannot admit that your viewpoint is narrow-minded and quite possibly wrong, can you?

And I strongly suggest you refrain from using that idiom as you clearly don't understand its meaning.

I fully agree on that observation.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258

originally posted by: DeadFoot

Have you been smoking the crack?

Exactly where is there an exemption for racism based on race?

That's literally racist in itself.

If a guy says "I want to kill white cops" an then guns down several white cops, he is guilty of a hate crime. "Period".

He's smoking the "racism = racial discrimination + power" crack.

Which is #ing stupid anyway because power is relative. A poor white white family in a predominantly black neighborhood is at the bottom of the "power" totem pole, period.

It's insane that some people actually believe white people have some sort of power over other racial groups in the country.

I was in "that" family.

I went to a 95% black school, and I'm here to tell you they can be/are racist.

To think that some people believe racism to be exclusive to one race is absurdity at it's finest.

It has a pretty simple definition.

Racism - the belief that one race is superior to another

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982
I went to a 95% black school

I had a friend that went to a school like that, but he wasn't ostracized. He was happy there as I a remember. Strange too, because he wasn't very tall. Easy target for picking on being that short. He must have been accepted otherwise it would have shown in his mood. He was always happy and creative.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982

Racism - the belief that one race is superior to another

Blacks are far superior to whites. I have had white Mormons threaten me with abduction because I don't believe in six foot tall quakers on the moon. And they have used these tactics against law abiding US citizens to intimidate other white people.

White people don't even respect others of their own race. And no WHITE CONGRESS, nor WHITE POLICE force will do anything about them. And then they wonder why they get shot by black men who have enough of their BS.

And if white Christians don't respect their own race, or honorably discharged Coast Guard rescue swimmers than you can take a wild guess how they treat black people who they perceive as being beneath them.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

Wow! Generalize much? Can't we say the same thing about every group of people with your definition. Black people in gangs shooting each other. Black people don't respect black people. North Korean leaders killing their own people. Asians don't respect Asians. Etc., etc.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: whatmakesyouright

Wow! Generalize much? Can't we say the same thing about every group of people with your definition. Black people in gangs shooting each other..

Yeah, but blacks when they attack other gangs, generally the other gang has done something to antagonize them. Trespass on another gang territory. Disrespect someone in another gang.

White people will threaten you for doing nothing other than questioning the presence of Brigham Young's speculations about six foot tall men on the moon. It's not an act of disrespect to question the presence of six foot tall men on the moon. Nor is it trespassing on their turf.
edit on 17-7-2016 by Miracula2 because: grammar

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   

And it's bizarre because threatening to abduct people....well you have the right to use deadly force to protect yourself from loss of limb, threat to your life, or prevent your own abduction. Legally.

And yet there are NO six foot foot tall quakers on the moon.

And by the Mormons own standards of killing children for threats uttered by their parents at Mountain Meadows Massacre, I would have every right according to Mormon moral standards to grab an AR-15 and prevent my own abduction.

It seems to me religious organizations shouldn't be threatening law abiding, honorably discharged veterans of the Coast Guard for questioning the presence or lack thereof of six foot tall Quakers on the moon.

I am still wondering why the police haven't done anything about this religious group. It's like the Branch Davidians and yet the police do nothing about them.
edit on 17-7-2016 by Miracula2 because: by their judgments

edit on 17-7-2016 by Miracula2 because: Mountain Meadows reference

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join