It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebony Editor Isn’t Sure Killing White People Should Be Considered a ‘Hate Crime’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: theySeeme

Oh since you dont have anything to hide want me to get some CIA buddies to investigate you? O R maybe go to rewards for justice and suggest you made terroristic statements? See how easy it is to screw with you?

I wont do any of the above though because thats what MODS are for.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I have to agree with her except to say a crime is an act that injures another and the feelings of the guilty party are irrelevant. Either you have committed homicide or you haven't, hate crimes are just one more step over the line of rational laws and sentencing.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
[SNIP]

It's a distraction technique to derail the thread, we all fell for it. I suggest ignoring it from here out and staying on the OP's topic.
edit on 14-7-2016 by eeyipes because: (no reason given)

edit on 14/7/2016 by Gemwolf because: Removed quoted post

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
ATTENTION ALL:

As you may have noticed, that is how you destroy a thread with off-topic bantering.

Now, to avoid any further post removals or posting bans, can we focus on the actual topic?

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: theySeeme

Reply removed.
edit on 14-7-2016 by LSU0408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

The shooter said he wanted to kill white people, preferably cops. Which he clearly made secondary to being white.

"we dont know what his motivations were"

I call that downplaying the situation for the sake of your own agenda. No credibility left after that.

"Hate crimes are committed when it is aimed at people of color"

In her world yes. In reality ,If a white man, woman or child is killed by someone because they were white it is a so called "hate crime" end of story. Although "Racial crime" would fit it all better imo then hate crime but the media has to have their roll of the tongue buzzwords to keep poking the beehive.

Stating that hate crimes cannot be committed on people who are "white" is a racist statement in and all by itself so this woman just exposed herself to be a racist, end of that story.

Edit: there is also no such thing as "Reversed racism" there is only "Racism".

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoThu, 14 Jul 2016 12:52:05 -05001620167America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

s long as people want to manufacture this false reality where white people are an oppressive group of monsters, I'm going to keep posting this stuff to show the actual reality.

Uh, hate to break it to you, but a lot of "white people are an oppressive group of monsters", and the evidence is pretty easy to find. I suggest you go read the comments on YouTube videos related to any of the recent shootings. Or maybe go look at comments in Yahoo News. Pretty brutal stuff coming from all sorts of people. Some of the stuff must be pure trolling to get a response, but much of it is really horrible. I am glad we have mods here, or else ATS would quickly descend into some very evil speech.

Yes, sorry to say that "white" people can be and often are oppressive monsters, and this coming from me, and my very northern European ethnic background, which I guess you would like to classify and call me “a person of the white race.”
edit on 14-7-2016 by olbe66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

www.mediaite.com...

After President Barack Obama said the murder of fives Dallas police officers was a “hate crime,” EBONY editor Jamilah Lemieux said she wasn’t “comfortable” with the use of the term to describe the murder of white police officers.

“I have to say, I would not describe ‘hate crime’ as the most comfortable word choice, considering these circumstances,” she said on CNN Wednesday.

CNN contributor and former FBI agent Steve Moore wasn’t buying that argument. “You can’t just say that only certain groups are allowed to be hated, only certain groups can have crimes designated as hate crimes against them,” he replied. “That’s racism.”

Because whites aren't real humans like "people of color" are!

This is disgusting and just more of the open anti-white racism that seems to be gaining steam by the day in our main stream press and from the government. Just a few days ago Marc Lemont claimed "black people are incapable of racism" on CNN. This is the sort of rhetoric that is going to leads to lots of pain, misery and death. It worries me because NOBODY (in the media or government) wants to address it. In fact it seems they actually want to promote it.

edit on Thu Jul 14 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

Of course, it is technically a hate crime, it is within the very definition. I do know what she means when she states she is uncomfortable with the use here. It would speak to the fact that whites are responsible for the vast majority of hate crimes and the reasons why the FBI took a more active role in investigating hate crimes after 1964.

FBI-Hate crime overview

However, the murders of civil rights workers Michael Schwerner, Andrew Goodman, and James Chaney, near Philadelphia, Mississippi, in June 1964 provided the impetus for a visible and sustained federal effort to protect and foster civil rights for African Americans.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: olbe66

s long as people want to manufacture this false reality where white people are an oppressive group of monsters, I'm going to keep posting this stuff to show the actual reality.

Uh, hate to break it to you, but a lot of "white people are an oppressive group of monsters", and the evidence is pretty easy to find. I suggest you go read the comments on YouTube videos related to any on the recent shootings. Or maybe go look at comments in Yahoo News. Pretty brutal stuff coming from all sorts of people. Some of the stuff must be pure trolling to get a response, but much of it is really horrible. I am glad we have mods here, or else ATS would quickly descend into some very evil speech.

Yes, sorry to say that "white" people can be and often are oppressive monsters, and this coming from me, and my very northern European ethnic background, which I guess you like to classify a call “a person of the white race.”

Your first mistake is using youtube comments as a judge of a ethnicity. You do know not all people with white people as their avatars are.. gasp!! white right?

Evil does not know just one Ethnicity its in all humans at the same time. This lady at EBONY knows this but she is trying to please her perceived readership.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

"the vast majority of hate crimes are committed by white people"

A extremely bold claim to make. Especially in a culture that hesitates to recognize and define it as such when the reverse occurs.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoThu, 14 Jul 2016 13:14:19 -05001620167America/Chicago by everyone because: TYPO

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
A hate crime is a hate crime. Doesn't matter if you are white, black, purple, or green. It really bothers me that they have built such a divide in this country that people don't see this!!!!

HATE is always HATE You can wrap it in whatever bow you want but it is STILL a hate crime.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
A hate crime is a hate crime. Doesn't matter if you are white, black, purple, or green. It really bothers me that they have built such a divide in this country that people don't see this!!!!

HATE is always HATE You can wrap it in whatever bow you want but it is STILL a hate crime.

I some what agree and disagree. I think crimes motivated by hate towards an unrelated innocent person are especially heinous, and I'm glad we have special laws that dish out more severe penalties to those types of criminals.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Of course, it is technically a hate crime, it is within the very definition. I do know what she means when she states she is uncomfortable with the use here.

Yes, she can use any definition she wants, but that is not the common definition, or a legitimate one. We all have to have at least some understanding of what words mean if we want to communicate. Evidentially, she is making up her own definition of what some words mean. Fine for her - but she will have trouble communicating clearly, and this will cause misunderstanding and in this case, some outrage.

Even the FBI recognizes differing categories of hate crimes:

Among the single-bias hate crime incidents in 2012, there were 3,467 victims of racially motivated hate crime.
66.2 percent were victims of an offender’s anti-black bias.
22.0 percent were victims of an anti-white bias.
4.4 percent were victims of a bias against a group of individuals in which more than one race was represented (anti-multiple races, group).
4.1 percent were victims of an anti-Asian/Pacific Islander bias.
3.3 percent were victims of an anti-American Indian/Alaskan Native bias

FBI Link

I think I will stick with the commonly understood usage of the term, as offensive as I find it (there really are no "races" as defined by science - people who believe there are - well they are by their own admission "racists")

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

"the vast majority of hate crimes are committed by white people"

A extremely bold claim to make. Especially in a culture that hesitates to recognize and define it as such when the reverse occurs.

A true claim with supporting statistics from government agencies. 71% of cops were also killed by white people this year, you don't see people crucifying white people for it though.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

our first mistake is using youtube comments as a judge of a ethnicity.

Re-read what I said - Idid not use it as any judge or "marker" of ethnicity - except where the poster explicitly identified themselves. Note that I also somewhat controlled for, and accepted that "Some of the stuff must be pure trolling to get a response," however the self-identification of ethnicity is pretty blatant.

Evil does not know just one Ethnicity its in all humans at the same time. This lady at EBONY knows this but she is trying to please her perceived readership.

With you there 100%. Or maybe 99%. I believe she knows, not 100% certain.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join