It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's talk about anything philosophical or spiritual

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

By redefining the context with which that philosophy is generally associated. That is that with a large enough audience one might craft witty and manipulative media through which to re-orient that philosophy into another role, preferably one that wouldn't normally occur to the followers of that philosophy as catching them off guard would add more bang, thought, introspection, and doubt to their minds.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Sure, I'll bite....bear with me...

So, everything we know, everything we've touched, smelled, seen, heard...literally everything we have experienced has been filtered through physiological and cognitive processes. This means that my experience of the world around me is unique to me....it's purely subjective. The classic example of this pits my understanding and experience of the color red against yours....Do you experience the color red the same as I? but the real question is, HOW COULD WE EVER KNOW? How could we truly experience the world around us objectively?

To clarify what my question actually is: Can we ever truly experience the universe through a purely objective lens....ie not through senses/a brain....?

A2D

edit on 14-7-2016 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

In my opinion, the vast amounts of interpretations that are similar, or identical, elude to subjectivity being false or misunderstood. What subjectivity actually is is probably the result of consciousness having free will, so what is different is not out there but in you (your will).

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

Consciousness having free will...that's a whole 'nother bag of worms....

A2D

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Not how can it exist but why must it exist. It must exist because cause cannot be its own effect. If causality (cause and effect) actually exists, it must be the effect of something without a cause. There simply cannot be a cause that caused itself. Something free of cause must initiate things if there is to be a beginning. The only thing that can do that is free will. (By its very definition, free will is free of cause.)

Easier said, infinite regression is an infinite paradox.

edit: If cause and effect were real you would be putting effect before a cause and the only thing that can do that is free will (it is the effect free of cause.)
edit on 7/14/2016 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   

If we go into Empath abilities then another soul can measure part of what you feel/awareness. If you had 2 souls that have created a 100% linkage of all cognitive parts of the body the other should be to know the other souls full experience if it can surface it to consciousness without degradedation.

Lets assume that the way information exchange (telepathy) happen between any two spirits is by entanglement and that the transfer is 100% successful on a quantum level. The information can then be allowed to surface to the conscious awareness and depending on subjective view it might be degraded. Lets also assume that there are ways to measure in real time specific frequencies like you do with an FM/AM radio.

If you in real time measure the quantum body state of several people and make the measure the same frequencies then you can get information on how subjectivity degrades/changes the information.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ssenerawa

god Might be formless therefore no need for to grow

something that dont exist cant grow - only your imagination

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   

You are completely right. The conditions of what you can experience/choose to experience here is high but it is limited and not infinity.

And if you go seek information thru entanglement/synchronicity from the "divine realm"/"higher self"/"blessed one" the information will be an even bigger limiter to what is accepted since you will start to really understand the golden rule and how every action and reaction is connected. If you can fix the degredation between the unconscious and conscious where subjectivity is trying to interpret the information.

With the exact right probability fields for an extended time making sure the particles align in the right way information exchange should be able to happen without to much degredation and if it is self correcting then if something is wrong then self correcting information will be sent.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaddenedRambler
I guess I'll bite. After all, I like flowing brain juices and perspectives.

How does one best (most efficiently) establish common groundwork and a like frame of reference from which to observe what differences there are between their philosophical viewpoints, and thus from there come to the best question to ask in order to stimulate their veracious cognitive appetites?

Yup, dumping responsibility.
I suggest I would make a thread asking other members there philosophical view and give them from my perspective why their view on might or might no be invalid and/or valid giving alternate perspectives on the subject.

Letters can represent sounds rather then words. Sometimes when discussing abstracts, one need look outside the box.

So write it down pretty much or sign language??
edit on 14-7-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ssenerawa

How does one best (most efficiently) establish common groundwork and a like frame of reference from which to observe what differences there are between their philosophical viewpoints, and thus from there come to the best question to ask in order to stimulate their veracious cognitive appetites?

I suggest I would make a thread asking other members there philosophical view and give them from my perspective why their view on might or might no be invalid and/or valid giving alternate perspectives on the subject.

So having started this thread you're asking us what our philosophical views are from which you'll derive the perfect question which which to discuss with us?

I suppose then that I'm a relativist then. One who enjoys a spot of initialism, existentialism, or, well most any philosophical preponderance every now and again.

originally posted by: GemmyMcGemJew
Without using words, what is the meaning of life?
How else could I express my opinion on the meaning of life to you with no means to communicate my thoughts to you?

Hmmmmm ulum haaaaaaaaaa

Letters can represent sounds rather then words. Sometimes when discussing abstracts, one need look outside the box.
I know letters can represent sounds. It's call the alphabet

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
Sure, I'll bite....bear with me...

So, everything we know, everything we've touched, smelled, seen, heard...literally everything we have experienced has been filtered through physiological and cognitive processes. This means that my experience of the world around me is unique to me....it's purely subjective. The classic example of this pits my understanding and experience of the color red against yours....Do you experience the color red the same as I? but the real question is, HOW COULD WE EVER KNOW? How could we truly experience the world around us objectively?

To clarify what my question actually is: Can we ever truly experience the universe through a purely objective lens....ie not through senses/a brain....?

A2D

There is nothing outside the brain but the ether and energy we wouldn't be able to understand it without our brain.

Imagine the static black/white screen with the horrible noise, but when we view it through lenses it changes, and each and every creature has their own perspective of it .

There is honestly no way to tell of another being is actually conscious. This very post could be a figment of your own imagination. It could very well be a simulation to test a morals, characters m, strengths, and weaknesses, so In my opinion no.

Every and anything we perceive and know to be real is merely electrical signals and/or impulses decoded by the brain.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Here's my question... if this is all god's design then why does he condone the rape and murder of children?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ssenerawa

Yes, but not all sounds are words and he'd asked without words. While it's certainly quite difficult to communicate non-verbally via the internet (video or some such?) it's at least possible to articulate feelings without words. That said, it's kind of a mute point now that he clarified via edit that he meant words don't exist they're just symbols that our brain need interpret.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Hello Ats

I want to give you feedback on you philosophical and/or spiritual. I will not try to persuade nor influence you. I only want to debate and show you different perspectives on your views to get your brain juices flowing.

Even if it's my opinion on something like which came 1st the chicken or the egg.

I will pass thanks.

Regarding the 'chicken or the egg' question, if an answer isn't forthcoming, likely the question is misworded. The answer is neither....obviously the rooster came first....

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hi there.

Here's my question:

Have you heard of Judy Goodman? Or better yet, been to any of her seminars or lectures or workshops or website?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
should i feel accountable for myself on a multiversal level as if i existed in other realities?
if god was real how would he make itself known to us?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

IV II...

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Hello Ats

I want to give you feedback on you philosophical and/or spiritual. I will not try to persuade nor influence you. I only want to debate and show you different perspectives on your views to get your brain juices flowing.

Even if it's my opinion on something like which came 1st the chicken or the egg.

I will pass thanks.

Regarding the 'chicken or the egg' question, if an answer isn't forthcoming, likely the question is misworded. The answer is neither....obviously the rooster came first....
Okay I'll bite. Which came first the rooster or the egg. Since it came b fire the egg and/or chicken

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

So having started this thread you're asking us what our philosophical views are from which you'll derive the perfect question which which to discuss with us?

I suppose then that I'm a relativist then. One who enjoys a spot of initialism, existentialism, or, well most any philosophical preponderance every now and again.

How else could I express my opinion on the meaning of life to you with no means to communicate my thoughts to you?

Hmmmmm ulum haaaaaaaaaa

In retrospect you're correct. I'm merely asking ATS their philosophical views, Only to derive the perfect question's that without a doubt contradicts their perspectives on the subject matter.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Belcastro
should i feel accountable for myself on a multiversal level as if i existed in other realities?
if god was real how would he make itself known to us?
I don't know, but only because they say devil and/or demons come to you as angel.

So could we possibly know if it's GOD in the first place?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join