It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Megyn Kelly D.L. Hughley FULL HEATED Interview On Race & Police 7/13/16

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Megyn Kelly D.L. Hughley FULL HEATED Interview On Race & Police 7/13/16

During a segment on The Kelly File tonight, Megyn Kelly and D.L. Hughley went at one another about racism. Kelly told Hughley not to assume race is a factor in situations that few details are known about. Hughley told Kelly that his perspective as a black man has led him to see police, in particular, in a way that is different than how she might. That sounds civilized typed out like that, but the actual interaction was very different.

You know what is completely idiotic about this. Fox news trusts a government agency when it clears a cop of wrong doing but Clinton is cleared or a government agency states they will not follow through with charges, the government agency is wrong.

Fox news is for idiots, plain and simple.
edit on 13-7-2016 by shredderofsouls because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
shredderofsouls

D.L. called Faux News out. It was a heated and awkward exchange.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

You know what is completely idiotic about this. Fox news trusts a government agency when it clears a cop of wrong doing but Clinton is cleared or a government agency states they will not follow through with charges, the government agency is wrong.

False Equivalence.

EVERYONE got to watch the hearings.

Big damn difference.

And Hughley was out of line.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: shredderofsouls

Fox news is for idiots, plain and simple.

I find this to be in violation of the T&C.

15g.) Political Baiting: You will not engage in politically-charged rhetoric, politically-inspired name-calling, and related right-versus-left political bickering while Posting in any topical forum or discussion thread on the Websites. You will not alter political candidate names or party affiliations in order to insult or deride the opposition.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
MysticPearl

I guess that's why you're not staff.

Mud-Pit Rules and Guidelines 

The rules and guidelines are simple, basically just two things to remember in addition to common-sense avoidance of vulgarities and personal threats: 

Don't throw mud outside of the political mud pit forum. 

If you go into the Political Mud-Pit forum,expect to get dirty. 

1) Don't throw mud outside of the political mud pit forums. 

If you're wandering about ATS, and find a discussion that throttles your political angst, and really really want to start casting harsh aspersions in the direction of one or more political ideologies: 

YOU CAN CREATE A NEW THREAD: Quote the post that inspired your ire, link to the non-mud-pit ATS thread, and start a new thread in the Political Mud-Pit forum, making certain not to call-out or otherwise throw mud at any ATS member in the original thread outside the Mud-Pit. 

2) It's bad-form throw mud at someone who's not throwing mud. 

Even in the Political Mud-Pit forum, there will probably be someone attempting to make a valid point who does so without rancor, name-calling, or other political mud. 

Perhaps the topic and direction of discussion is different enough from other threads on ATS that they felt compelled to get involved. 

If you can respond without throwing mud, everyone will think better of you… but there is no requirement to put down the mud when you respond. 

3) Everything but vulgarities and threats are "tolerated." 

We've come to accept that many feel the "political stakes" are so high, that intense debate is necessary, and very often name-calling, baiting, and activity we've previously classified as "Political Trolling" are simply part of the process. Have at. But don't come running to us if someone throws mud harder than you, or hides rocks in their pile of mud. 

And to avoid further confusion; restricted topics such as personal drug use, hacking, etc. are still not allowed in the Mud-Pit. Politics only please.

About Political Mud-Pit

In layman's terms thats the whole reason this particular sub-forum exists.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

edit on 13-7-2016 by Aristotelian1 because: Needless

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
When is America going to stop listening to comedians and actors for news? Remember when there was a Cronkite on the evening news?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

From what I saw Megyn Kelly is the one who raised her voice first.

In fact, the way she escalated the situation is exactly the way it goes with my mom (who watches Fox News) when I talk politics with her. It went from a conversation to bickering, THAT is the best way to dispel genuine conversation: raise your voice.

Hughley raised some valid points so to keep him from going down that line of thought she raised her voice to dispel the conversation into an argument.

Watch it again, Kelly was out of line, not Hughley.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
matafuchs

I know right? Megyn Kelly is such a plastic phony.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Sometimes I find myself wondering if there are filters on my devices that do not allow me to see things as other people see them. Your post is one instance. Things started off well enough on this clip, until Megyn pointed out that we still don't know all the facts about what led up to the shooting in the Minnesota case. Hughly's continual response was that the guy had a permit. I suppose that it never occurred to Mr. Hughly that people that hold concealed carry permits are capable of and sometimes do commit crimes with those firearms. We DO KNOW that the police officer in question suspected the deceased of a violent crime. We don't know anything else, except for what the continually dishonest girlfriend has alleged. None of that matters to Hughly. All that matters to him is that he had a permit.

Megyn tries to point out to him that the media had the story all wrong in the Mike Brown case, and even the Justice dept found that the officer was justified. Hughly, who is either mentally disabled or a very dishonest person, acknowledged none of that. Things escalated from there, and Megyn was right in ending the interview. It is evident that this guy had an agenda from the get-go.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

But Megyn Kelly was doing exactly what Hughley was talking about: giving the police officer a presumption of innocence. Hughley never said that the cop killed him in cold blood, he only pointed out the fact that he had a gun permit, maybe alluding to the fact that the man was a responsible gun owner because of said permit. Megyn Kelly just assumes that the guy was guilty and the cop innocent because of what Hughley said: presumption of innocence. Hughley never said who was guilty or who was innocent, Kelly said "that doesn't prove that he didn't assault the officer with the gun". assuming he did.

Megyn Kelly raised her voice when Hughley pointed out that the man was a permit holder, implying he was responsible with his gun. You can tell at a few points she has someone talking into her ear telling her what to say as well. Hughley pointed out some things they didn't want to talk about so they cut the interview short.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Yup. She used classic gaslighting, and false outrage. It's a good trick if you want your opponent to get angry, which he did. Then, you seal the deal by acting calm and the "bigger person".

Looks like he fell for it...

Sadly, all discussion on racism in America gets dismissed. If you press forward, you get violent blowbacks from people terrified of the idea of being racist.

It's like people are so afraid of that label that they end up showing their racism by their fervent denial and eventual use of racism to shift the focus from themselves.

...if one vehemently denies racism and racial bais...it makes it easier for one to continue being racist.
edit on 14-7-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Says the guy who sees what he believes to be racism in action at his job and does NOTHING about it. Clean up your own house before you start critiquing the cleanliness of your neighbor's house. Oh wait...you did do something...you went on ATS and posted about it! That's how we solve things nowadays.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I must still have that filter on my internet access. I could have sworn that I heard Megyn say that she doesn't presume his innocence...the law does.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

1. I don't answer to you or owe you anything in this discussion

2. Good job deflecting and dodging the subject

3. The racism I experienced is nearly impossible to prove, which is why it continues

edit on 14-7-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

1. no, you don't.
2. Not deflecting or dodging...I'm dismissing anything that you have to say.
3. If I see something that I don't agree with that could be hurting somebody you can be sure that I'm piping up about it. Obviously you don't view things the same way, but I have no respect for gutless people that see what could be injustice and do nothing about it.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
The thing is there is a large swath of the population that really don't see that they're being racist, or else I've just been unlucky enough to keep meeting folks like that my entire life.

The bias is so woven into parts of the culture that it might be hard to see it from the inside. And it does seem that they are overly defensive about their perceptions of that scary "other." Denial is what occurs to me, too.

And, I also had a loved one get loud and hostile if the FOX News narrative was questioned, at all.

Must be a very effective channel.

edit on 7/14/2016 by Baddogma because: got my inside out

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I could say the very same about you. By denying that systemic bias and racism doesn't exist, you are writing off an entire nation's-worth of racism and wiping your own hands of a massive problem.

Sounds pretty gutless to me.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   

First of all, please elaborate on what you believe I have denied existed, or washed my hands of? Secondly, I do what I can in my daily life, I'm not a " join the cause bro" type of guy, but if I see something unjust happening before me then I DO address it. That's ALL any of us can do, address what we see in our lives. Thirdly, you need to be able to see things more clearly. Do you honestly believe Black Americans are ever going to end systemic bias and racism by sending angry Black men to confront White America? MLK opened people's hearts, and a lot of good came from it. D.L. Hughly, Al Sharpton, BLM leaders and their ilk close people's minds and ears because NOBODY wants to be screamed at , threatened, and insulted.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

I could say the very same about you. By denying that systemic bias and racism doesn't exist, you are writing off an entire nation's-worth of racism and wiping your own hands of a massive problem.

Sounds pretty gutless to me.

I applaud your virtue signaling. I also applaud how you fight it by devoting yourself to the moderation of a website.

Bravo!

/s if you missed it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join