It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Da Vinci Code Sequel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   

According to author Greg Taylor, Brown's next novel will delve into the threads of Masonic influence which have run through American history. Part of this history includes the secretive Scottish Rite Freemasonry, which may be connected to the Ku Klux Klan through a mysterious group known as the Knights of the Golden Circle.

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

As if its not bad enough that everyone's been duped into thinking that Brown's book is history, rather than fiction, now this conspiracy is going to be put out.

[edit on 18-1-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
At the very least, alot of people who don't have the capacity to think critically of anything beyond the Coke and Pepsi debate will be exposed to an an alternate history......whether they believe it or not is irrelelvant at this point. Maybe that means ATS will gain some new members "in awe of and searching for the truth."

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
as i recall the original name of the group started by N. B. Forrest was The Knights of the Kuklos ot the knights of the circle. the name also had something
to do with the way a certain rifle sounded when cocked.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

As if its not bad enough that everyone's been duped into thinking that Brown's book is history, rather than fiction, now this conspiracy is going to be put out.

Please, if someone is duped by a ficticious book, they shouldn't be allowed to read in the first place. This man has the right to write whatever he pleases. It's not his place, when writing a ficticious book to be utterly factual. If he wants to say that the KKK is tied in with Opus Dei, who in turn is connected to a satanic hoola-hoop cult, under ficticious literary pretenses, and someone is dumb enough to believe it, he can't be blamed. The real rackets are the people who make cash off of his work.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by goregrinder

Originally posted by Nygdan

Please, if someone is duped by a ficticious book, they shouldn't be allowed to read in the first place. This man has the right to write whatever he pleases. It's not his place, when writing a ficticious book to be utterly factual. If he wants to say that the KKK is tied in with Opus Dei, who in turn is connected to a satanic hoola-hoop cult, under ficticious literary pretenses, and someone is dumb enough to believe it, he can't be blamed. The real rackets are the people who make cash off of his work.

I agree, this book is written as fiction, and released as a novel, not as Non-fiction, and released as a reference book. If someone is too stupid to distinguish the difference, then they should get all of the ridicule that is coming to them. My only wish is for a big ass sticker for dummies "the views in this book are for entertainment, not education, buy a real book on religion betty jane bible thumper"

[edit on 18-1-2005 by wiggy]

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Wait a minute, let me see if I can get this straight: You've been duped into thinking that "Brown's book is history"?

Why on Earth would you think that it is actual history?
I don't understand... are you joking? Or are you really serious?

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I just finished reading the DiVenci Code for the first time this morning. A GREAT BOOK! I think that if someone reads the book and see's anything but fiction in his story, then they were already looking for another answer. The book IS a very powerful story, and holds deep implications as to what could be one of the many reasons of the church slowly losing its grip on humanity. There is a lot of fact in his book mixed with alot of fiction. For people who are already on a different path, its actually easy to see just why they could be duped. Mr. Brown doesnt seperate his fact from fiction. But that is the nature of this book, isnt it?

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   

If he wants to say that the KKK is tied in with Opus Dei, who in turn is connected to a satanic hoola-hoop cult, under ficticious literary pretenses, and someone is dumb enough to believe it, he can't be blamed.

I can't really agree with that. Brown couldn't have really painted Opus Dei any darker, and if I were a member of that society I would be severely annoyed at him. I believe that there has to be a line drawn between telling a ficticious story and outright slander.

If he was making "literary ficticious pretenses", Brown should have been more selective over the factual that he included.
He should have made up a ficticious organisation rather than drag the name of real people through the mud.

If the story had used The Salvation Army or a mainstream Islamic organisation in the same way as it did Opus Dei, I'm sure many of those people who give Brown his literary license now would soon change their minds.

[edit on 18-1-2005 by Leveller]

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Brown couldn't have really painted Opus Dei any darker, and if I were a member of that society I would be severely annoyed at him. I believe that there has to be a line drawn between telling a ficticious story and outright slander.

I agree, the picture of Opus Dei is pretty dark indeed. But is it really slander? The book doesn't really say that all of Opus Dei is part of the insidious plot in the book, only two members of it.

If someone were to write a novel about the President of the United States being an evil mass murderer, would that constitute slander against the position of the President? Of course not.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Please, if someone is duped by a ficticious book, they shouldn't be allowed to read in the first place. This man has the right to write whatever he pleases.

Of course he does, I don't dispute that.

It's not his place, when writing a ficticious book to be utterly factual. If he wants to say that the KKK is tied in with Opus Dei, who in turn is connected to a satanic hoola-hoop cult, under ficticious literary pretenses, and someone is dumb enough to believe it, he can't be blamed.
Perhaps he should recognize that people are treating it as real and include a preface wherein he details that its a work of fiction. That would at least be responsible.

I don't understand... are you joking? Or are you really serious?

Er? I didn't think it needed to be taken literally when I said 'everyone's been duped'. No, of course I don't take 'The Davinci Code' as even remotely resembling the truth. Nor any of the pseduo-documentaries and spin offs that have popped up.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I don't know about the new book but with respect to the davinci code, there are indeed a lot of facts included. Well, at least from what i have read from other books like "The Turin Shroud"; "The Hiram Key" and other books alike.

If I and Dan Brown have read these books, we would totally agree with each other. The same thing if you have read them.

But of course not all about the davinici code are facts. But you will have a lot of fun reading it. Don't you guys agree? Do you thing you would enjoy reading the book with out even thinking that it could be true?

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by nTrIgdByU
I don't know about the new book but with respect to the davinci code, there are indeed a lot of facts included. Well, at least from what i have read from other books like "The Turin Shroud"; "The Hiram Key" and other books alike.

If I and Dan Brown have read these books, we would totally agree with each other. The same thing if you have read them.

But of course not all about the davinici code are facts. But you will have a lot of fun reading it. Don't you guys agree? Do you thing you would enjoy reading the book with out even thinking that it could be true?

The Hiram Key should not be used for facts either. There are too many assumptions/speculations. Without assuming a LOT about Sequenere Tao, they would have nothing.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Anybody know when it is going to come out?
, The Da Vinci code is my favorite book!

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I don't think people are going to swallow the bit about the Klan...it's got a pretty accurate history and truly was made up "on the spot" by a handful of bored Confederate veterans.

But lemme guess -- he has discovered evidence that the Ku Klux Klan has been the secret protector of the Crown of Thorns over the ages.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I have to agree with those above. If you read this book and took it for gospel....IMO, you need to read more, which is what I did and am still doing. Kind of suprised that You would start a thread with that statement, but that is your opinion, and I respect that!

Peace, and go Mavs!!

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Well, at least we now know he is an equal opportunity BSer. So are we going to see mass protest by masons and KKKers? I find this hilarious!

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Perhaps he should recognize that people are treating it as real and include a preface wherein he details that its a work of fiction. That would at least be responsible.

that's a tricky debate. fiction writers love to leave people guessing where the fact ends and the fiction begins. if you make them give that up then they lose something as a writer, and readers lose something to. speaking personally working what's real and what's not is one of the things i like about dan brown's fiction, and derivative stuff too like the weavers/cathars story.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It could be said that it shows how talented he is as a writer that so many 'want to belive its true'. Any book that makes you think or question things is good, just dont take them as the gospel truth (pun intended.)

Wayne...

top topics

join