It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Hillary have Bill as her Vice President

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: musicismagic

I am pretty sure that this would be illegal.
The VP needs to be able to step into the presidency if something happens to the president.
The 22nd amendment would not allow this - Bill did his time.

Though I feel the scenario to be very unlikely, it can happen. He can't be elected to the office of president again. He can become it by being in line for it though. Just as if he were to become Secretary of State, he would be in like to succeed.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
a reply to: BlueAjah

Yea, but the 22nd backed up the the 12th, puts the nail in the coffin.
Not a VP he.

No, the 12th amendment refers to this:

From Martin 75

3.Article II, § 1, cl. 4: “No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States.”

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Probably because she can't? Have him as vice.
He is already a two term president.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Let's not forget the acquittal. Once again charges levied that just didn't stick.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Did you agree with his acquittal?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MaddenedRambler

It's not a question of qualifications though.
It's eligibility that is in play. He cannot take any position that would put him in line to take the office again.
It's really pretty simple open shut question answer.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Who am I to disagree with the supreme court?. I'm not a lawyer . I don't pretend I know more than the professionals in these things.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   

That's the interpretation I'd take, just pointing out that I'm not the one who decides, and that as open and shut as it can be, there's still that little bit of wiggle room. Then again, with the possibility so minuscule I don't even think of it as particularly relevant to this race. I think if she hit the controversy of making it work then there'd be no coming back. Rather with her PR problem she's probably looking for a quick fix to that in her VP.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Which would rule out any cabinet position, or even Congress in the event, as impossible as it is, he became Speaker, which is third. So he's pretty much out of the picture, period. Save as "power behind the throne".

God, this is just horrifying to even contemplate... Might as well have a blasted royal family. Even the flippin' Kennedy's and Bushes aren't this bad.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

That's how we got Gerald Ford. Buhbye Agnew, buhbye Nixon , hello speaker of the house.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

The 22nd amendment would not allow this - Bill did his time.

Technically, the amendment is against someone being ELECTED more than twice.

Since he'd be stepping in as VP, vs. being elected, this would not technically violate the amendment.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join