It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The modern Dog-Chasing-Tail approach to the Mysteries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I cannot help thinking that people have gone out of their way to complicate their understanding of the universe and what we are and can be.

Back in the 60s there was a New Age revolution. Books were being published all over the western world on topics such as Hypnotism, Law of attraction, Positive thinking , etc. This triggered a worldwide interest in all the Sipritual/New Age stuff. However, those topics were restricted to only a few diciplines. Before that, in 1937 , there was the publication of the detailed magical practices of the hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn (by I Regardie).

By the late 60s, there was plenty of information about the Occult but it was generally consistent .

By contrast , in the last 30 years, we have seen the emergence of an enormous amout of diciplines which conflict with one another; from the works of people like David Icke to those of extraterrestrial investigators. From the advocates of so called "Chaos Magic" to the to those who channel entities. Add to this the alternative Chakra system and other diciplines of East and a dose of the "parallel Universe", "Mendela Effect" and "Time travelling" enthusiasts combine with the NWO and so called Elite "illuminati" with their plans. Then bring in a bit of Philosophy (Descarte , Schopenhauer , Plate, Socrates and a multitude of others) and mix in a bit of Jung. And , I almost forgot , the god of many religions and the new God : Information Technology . I almost forgot Quantum Mechanics too.

In view of the above, how can anyone make any progress in becoming more than just a mere mortal ? The sheer excess of information and concepts is enough to negate any progress. If you make steps in one direction, you then end up stepping in the opposite ditection. Is there a solution ? I believe there is. The solution is to stick to basics.

The Mysteries and the Occult are in fact very simple. It is we who make it complicated. I have come up with a theory which explains the approach of most people towards the Mysteries. It is a bit like Freud's notion that we have incestuous yearnings towards the opposite sex parent. My theory is that the human being has a desire to become machine. This is evident wherever we look and I do not want to get into it in this post. Interestingly, this year there has been a lot of talk about sex with androids/robots and ,therefore, I may not be far from the truth.

I say that people need to step away from their fast spinning mental world and learn to focus again. Magical training no longer works for the majority who take it up. Their brain is spinning too much in the fast moving and fast-connected world. They are never at peace but like a dog chasing its tail.

edit on 13-7-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: crowdedskies
I cannot help thinking that people have gone out of their way to complicate their understanding of the universe and what we are and can be.

Back in the 60s there was a New Age revolution. Books were being published all over the western world on topics such as Hypnotism, Law of attraction, Positive thinking , etc. This triggered a worldwide interest in all the Sipritual/New Age stuff. However, those topics were restricted to only a few diciplines. Before that, in 1937 , there was the publication of the detailed magical practices of the hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn (by I Regardie).

By the late 60s, there was plenty of information about the Occult but it was generally consistent .

By contrast , in the last 30 years, we have seen the emergence of an enormous amout of diciplines which conflict with one another; from the works of people like David Icke to those of extraterrestrial investigators. From the advocates of so called "Chaos Magic" to the to those who channel entities. Add to this the alternative Chakra system and other diciplines of East and a dose of the "parallel Universe", "Mendela Effect" and "Time travelling" enthusiasts combine with the NWO and so called Elite (illuminati" with their plans. Then bring in a bit of Philosophy (Descarte , Schoepenhauer , Plate, Socrates and a multitude of others) and mix in a bit of Jung. And , I almost forgot , the god of many religions and the new God : Information Technology . I almost forgot Quantum Mechanics.

In view of the above, how can anyone make any progress in becoming more than just a mere mortal ? The sheer excess of information and concepts is enough to negate any progress. If you make steps in one direction, you then end up stepping in the opposite ditection. Is there a solution ? I believe there is. The solution is to stick to basics.

The Mysteries and the Occult are in fact very simple. It is we who make it complicated. I have come up with a theory which explains the approach of most peple towards the Mysteries. It is a bit like Freud's notion that we have incestuous towards th opposite sex parent. My theory is that human being have this desire to become machines. This is evident whereever we look and I do not want to get into it in this post. Interestingly, this year there has been a lot of talk about sex with androids/robots and ,therefore, I may not be far from the truth.

I say that people need to step away from the fast spinnning world and learn to focus again. Magical training no longer works for the majority who take it up. Their brain is spinning too much in the fast moving and fast-connected world. They are never at peace but like a dog chasing its tail.

so then therefore by way of consequence

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: wisvol
The video does not play

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I would argue that historically there never was just one magic or path of spiritual enlightenment to pursue. In fact I'd argue that several rather bloody wars have been fought over such philosophical disagreements. If anything I'm quite glad to have a plethora of options at my disposal. Do also note that each form of enlightenment has its own ultimate goal termed as enlightenment or some parallel thereof. Still, I agree that focusing and coming to understand that path which you pursue is generally an essential first step.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
thank you, yes it makes perfect sense to me what you say, lost in pointless details. It also seems to be a way of delaying everything. Everything becomes over complex and we are trained to believe that this is good for us. a reply to: crowdedskies

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: crowdedskies

Sounds like you describe your emotions. That's way too specific to be such a general explanation for everybody. Some have a smaller sex drive and get their motivations from other impulses.
Not everybody wants to be more than a mere mortal, or a machine. Some are actually trying to be one with nature.
Maybe they are freaking out over their own motives? Not everyone is chasing their tail, some are apparently happy with what they have.
You can't step away from your mental world it knows where you live and follows you into your sleep.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Sounds like you describe your emotions. That's way too specific to be such a general explanation for everybody. Some have a smaller sex drive and get their motivations from other impulses.
Not everybody wants to be more than a mere mortal, or a machine. Some are actually trying to be one with nature.
Maybe they are freaking out over their own motives? Not everyone is chasing their tail, some are apparently happy with what they have.
You can't step away from your mental world it knows where you live and follows you into your sleep.

I do not think that I was expresing my emotions. One of the most basic aspects of our trials and tribulations on this plane is the way we handle the rational vs the emotional . It is also the source of the ups and downs in our mundane life. I will write a post about this later ; focusing on the qabalistic viewpoint and the need for balance.

I also believe that you can step away from the mental box by simply changing and expanding it.

edit on 14-7-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientthunder
thank you, yes it makes perfect sense to me what you say, lost in pointless details. It also seems to be a way of delaying everything. Everything becomes over complex and we are trained to believe that this is good for us. a reply to: crowdedskies

And it also contributes to mapping our minds to gadgets unfortunately.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

But the statement is not rational. I don't want to be immortal, or a machine. Partially because I want to know what comes after dead.
If you want to pursue something like spirituality you first encounter your surpressed self. The first 5-800 epiphanies it's about yourself. Think about the cabalistic angels guarding the gates as idols for parts of everybody.

top topics

join