It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too funny! White Woman Walks In Black Neighborhood with Sign: "I’m Sorry Black America"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 191stMIDET
LOL that's a joke..

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
Maybe shes the type of woman to date black guys..
Regardless, the behavior is selfish. Self gratification.

Don't forget self-aggrandising.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Or maybe she has something called empathy, something many members on this forum are lacking any real grasp on.

We empathized with the French when the shooting happened, we didn't have any part in it, but we sure did show our support. This woman is showing her support for black people even though she is not black. Support is support, it doesn't matter if the reason behind it doesn't make much sense.
edit on 7/13/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

a reply to: 191stMIDET
LOL that's a joke..

It was presented by Christian organization from the UK;

The Lifeline Expedition is a reconciliation initiative which is a Christian response to the legacy of the Atlantic Slave Trade. It brings together teams of Africans, descendants of enslaved Africans and White people from the three former corners of the slave triangle and over a period of seven years has visited many significant slavery sites around the Atlantic world. Controversy has emerged over the fact that White people on the teams wore replica yokes and chains to express apology for the role of their ancestors in the slave trade.[citation needed]

Wiki

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I'm offering my opinion based on her physical actions.

I don't care what's in her heart.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Your actions are a result of what is in your heart.

You not caring about what's in her heart = absolutely no empathy whatsoever. Good job.

edit on 7/13/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'm offering my opinion based on her physical actions.

I don't care what's in her heart.

Yes, it's clear that you don't care about that. It's a joke to you. That's cool.

I'll just find solace in the fact that most people are going to accept this in the spirit that it was offered and move on from here now.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Wow, indeed. Way to keep it classy, yeah? Smfh...

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen
Im just going through a hard time right now. Just disregard it.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Maybe shes the type of woman to date black guys..
Regardless, the behavior is selfish. Self gratification.

The second, seriously? Comment to put out there today.

Divide and conquer is winning and I suggest if that's a deep down thought easily brought out now people need to check themselves. Actually didn't expect that from you assuming you were LGBT and likely for equality then again people lie all the time on the net.

No fret guys she's getting a lot of backlash online anyway(one source).

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake
I am those things..

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Fair enough. It is a hard truth that every single person we encounter is privately waging at least one battle that no one else knows about. I can respect that.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen
Eh, it takes courage to do what she did or is doing.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Likely a conspiracy. I think this was a front. Main objective was to find wild Pokeman and she used it as cover otherwise she winds up in a body bag.
edit on 14-7-2016 by LifeMode because: typo

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

empathy is nice and all but is it really empathy she feels or is it something more selfish? i mean to me it seems more like she's trying to make herself feel better about what she thinks all white people are guilty of, as if she thinks all white people are racists who abuse and oppress black people.
what gives her the right to apologize for ALL of us as if we're all guilty of such behavior, i don't appreciate her accusing me of things i have never done; so tell me is that really empathy or the exact opposite?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I think she did a good thing. She is borderline obese so getting out and walking 20 miles I commend her for finding a way to motivate herself to get off her a** instead of watching MSN all day. If that's what it takes then go for it.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: namehere

Where does she say anything about apologizing for all white people? She just said that SHE is sorry for what is going on in America, not all white people. Kinda how Aerica said WE are sorry that the terrorist shooting happened in France even though we had no part in it.
edit on 7/14/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I sometimes give beggars Food and/or change and/or money. Good deed right? But because it makes me feel bad to see them hurting. But did I do it because I'm ultimately a good or ultimately a selfish person? Technically on the contrary I only did it to make me feel better, even though it is a good dead. So is she good or bad? *suspenseful music*. The world may never know.
edit on 14-7-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Thank goodness you list your ancestors as Irish, Dutch, Welsh and Native American. You are recognizing that there were people owning and managing the land before the Irish, Dutch and Welsh stole it ie the Native nations.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Maybe just maybe she is a mother who sees other mothers losing their children and it breaks her heart!! So perhaps she is very sorry for them and the loss of their precious child!!! Not apologizing because she feels guilty!!! And because she is a mother she knows how deep that love runs!

Pax

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join