It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas shooter Micah Johnson purchased AK-47 through Facebook

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

So are bows, arrows, spears, and large rocks. Should we ban those too?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
This is follow-up information on my previous posts on this thread.

Micah Johnson was sent home from Afghanistan with a recommendation that he be thrown out of the armed forces. There was a sexual harassment charge and other possible behavioral issues.

Now...get this.

He did not get a dishonorable discharge. He actually obtained an honorable discharge from the military!

Then he went on to serve in the Army Reserve and then went into the IRR (Individual Ready Reserves).

What are the Ready Reserves?

The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, enacted March 23, 2010, gave the USPHS the authority to create the Ready Reserve Corps, a new component of the USPHS Commissioned Corps.

The purpose of the Ready Reserve Corps will be to have additional Commissioned Corps personnel available on short notice (similar to the other uniformed services' reserve programs) to assist full-time Commissioned Corps personnel to meet both routine public health and emergency response missions.

Prior to the passage of this law, the USPHS Commissioned Corps did not have a reserve component to call upon in this fashion. The Ready Reserve Corps members will perform duties for assigned periods of time as opposed to full-time Corps members who are on extended active duty.

Joining the Ready Reserve Corps is voluntary; however, future members of the Ready Reserve Corps join knowing that they can be called at any time to serve in times of national need. The Ready Reserve Corps officers will participate in routine training; be available and ready for calls to active duty during national emergencies and public health crises or to backfill critical positions left vacant during deployment of full-time Corps members; or be available for service assignments in isolated, hardship, and medically underserved communities.

Now, what is the Individual Ready Reserve, the IRR?

An individual assigned to the IRR typically receives no pay and is not obligated to drill, conduct annual training, or participate in any military activities (except for periodic Muster activities) until activated by Presidential Reserve Callup Authority or until electing to drill, train, or serve in a "Drill without Pay" or an "Active Duty" role.
en.wikipedia.org...

The board is calling for new laws and policies that would redefine the IRR and the role of more than 250,000 young veterans who do not drill regularly or receive pay but have prior military service and are committed to mobilize in the event of a crisis.
www.militarytimes.com...

The Individual Ready Reserve (IRR), sometimes called the Inactive Ready Reserve, is composed of former military personnel who still have time remaining on their enlistment agreements but have returned to civilian life. They are eligible to be called up in "states of emergency."
www.ivaw.org...

In October 2014, many veterans were stunned to learn that President Obama signed an executive order authorizing the recall of IRR reservists in case they were needed for Operation United Assistance, the military mission to curtail spread of the Ebola virus in West Africa. That mission ended earlier than expected and no IRR troops were recalled.
www.militarytimes.com...

And today....

Since then, Glendening has declined to comment saying, "I'm under direct orders not to divulge anything further and am subject to military prosecution if I do."

Other members of Johnson's Army Reserve unit have suggested they are under similar gag orders as active-duty personnel.
www.foxnews.com...

I am wondering if he or they (if multiple shooters) thought they were, or, really were on some kind of special mission. Thoughts?
edit on 14-7-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
In light of the above post, I am asking if anybody knows of a real picture out there of the letters Micah Johnson scrawled on the wall in blood? I am wondering if the letters might have been RR instead of RB.

<< 1   >>

join